Mechs Vanished

24 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Squirrel blasting

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:22 PM

Hello,

maybe someone can help me. I had not the time to play MW for some months, but now I'm back and all bought mechs are vanished. I bought some Clan styles for "real" money and nothing exists anymore. What happened??

Thanks a lot for your help in advance

All the best

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:25 PM

Try logging out and logging back in again or making sure you're viewing the right tab/category in the mechlab. Mechs don't simply vanish. =]

#3 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:31 PM

This sounds like a job for Tech Support. I've never heard of this sort of glitch until now.

#4 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

The problem is you are using a brand new account, your registration date is today. You need to use the account you purchased the mechs on.

#5 Mad Squirrel blasting

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:57 PM

Thanks, it's really strange! I've no skills and no mechs. I wrote a ticket to the support...
I hoped that someone had the same prob in the past.

I'm really excited for support answer.

Hi Banditman,

I used my normal login data, I've changed nothing...
There are no statistics or something else available.

#6 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:16 PM

View PostBanditman, on 21 February 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

The problem is you are using a brand new account, your registration date is today. You need to use the account you purchased the mechs on.

The registration date you're looking at reflects when the user created their forum account. It's not related to the date that the player account itself was created. You could play for years without creating a forum account. =]

#7 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:51 PM

Umm... WHOA.

This just happened to me too. All my mechs are completely gone after returning from a match where I was having internet problems. I still have trial mechs... but everything else literally just up and vanished.

Restarting client... will edit updates...

Edit: yup, they reappeared when I restarted the client. Whew. That's definitely never happened before. :blink:
It also tried telling me I had a Catapult C4 that could jump 49 meters. I don't own any Catapults and Catapults can't even jump 49 meters. ...

Musashi, check and see how many mechbays it says you have. The Owned amount should be different from the Empty amount. When I just got this bug, it still said I had 23 mechbays but only 3 were empty, so the mechs I owned were just invisible until I restarted the game.

Edited by Tarogato, 21 February 2015 - 01:57 PM.

#8 Mad Squirrel blasting

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:31 AM

Hi all,

thanks a lot for your support. Now a little update.

Nothing changed till today... And I've no answer from MWO support. I offered them to send all Paypal bills as evidence, but I still get no answer. Maybe it's a totally unexpected error in their database, but it would be nice to get some answer. This would be better than nothing, like now nowadays.

Does anyone know how long it takes till support answers?

All the best

Musashi

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

View PostMusashi Yamamoto, on 21 February 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

maybe someone can help me. I had not the time to play MW for some months, but now I'm back and all bought mechs are vanished. I bought some Clan styles for "real" money and nothing exists anymore. What happened??

"Musashi Yamamoto"
"Member Since 21 Feb 2015"

Note: This account that you have logged into is 6 days old.

It clearly cannot be the same account you originally had "some months" ago.

I recommend reviewing your emails for the original validation email which will state your original account's name, as your original account has all the information (including mechs) that you originally had.

The only other feasible (and unlikely) explanation is that your account was deleted and recreated 6 days ago.

#10 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

View PostKoniving, on 27 February 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

"Musashi Yamamoto"
"Member Since 21 Feb 2015"

Note: This account that you have logged into is 6 days old.

It clearly cannot be the same account you originally had "some months" ago.

View PostTarogato, on 21 February 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

The registration date you're looking at reflects when the user created their forum account. It's not related to the date that the player account itself was created. You could play for years without creating a forum account. =]

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

View PostMusashi Yamamoto, on 27 February 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

Does anyone know how long it takes till support answers?

Typically 4 to 5 days (PGI doesn't have anywhere near as many support team members as IGP, the former publisher, had).

View PostTarogato, on 27 February 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

They separate that now? o.O;
Wonder how long that's been the case?

#12 Archvile9876

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

Test

#13 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostKoniving, on 27 February 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

I was wondering the same thing, so I tested. The post by "Archvile" is my alt account that I used a couple months ago to hold a unit name. I never posted on the forums, but he has logged in to the game before. Notice how his registration date shows today?

It's not that there is a separate function for the forums, the forum registration date is the date of your first post on the forums. I wasn't actually forced to do any separate registration or anything, I just logged in and posted. It's quite misleading the way the information is presented however.

In any event, I suspect that it is a filtering issue or an account issue. Either the mechs are filtered so that only the trials show up, or the OP is using a different account. I have never, in almost three years of MWO, heard of mechs just disappearing.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostArchvile9876, on 27 February 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

Test

Test completed. You have a functioning post.

View PostBanditman, on 27 February 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

I was wondering the same thing, so I tested. The post by "Archvile" is my alt account that I used a couple months ago to hold a unit name. I never posted on the forums, but he has logged in to the game before. Notice how his registration date shows today?

It's not that there is a separate function for the forums, the forum registration date is the date of your first post on the forums. I wasn't actually forced to do any separate registration or anything, I just logged in and posted. It's quite misleading the way the information is presented however.

In any event, I suspect that it is a filtering issue or an account issue. Either the mechs are filtered so that only the trials show up, or the OP is using a different account. I have never, in almost three years of MWO, heard of mechs just disappearing.

Interesting.
I confess my first post was a couple of days after I started playing (which is after the date shown on mine), but the "Date" on my member since is actually the first day I logged into the website itself.

It's been so damn long since back then. Man... MWO was a completely different game back then (almost literally).

#15 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:58 PM

For me, it was easy, I was a forum member before I was even accepted into Closed Beta, so my registration date is really the day I registered. I "assumed" that the same was true for everyone else, but apparently that's *way* too easy and logical.

#16 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:00 PM

LOL. I think I posted the first day I got my account! :-) That was even before Closed Beta.

#17 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

View PostKoniving, on 27 February 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Since I started at least.

#18 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostAdamBaines, on 27 February 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

LOL. I think I posted the first day I got my account! :-) That was even before Closed Beta.

Definitely is true. You make me feel young! (Lol)

Truth be told I signed up back in 2011 but wasn't invited into the closed beta until long after; a week or two after I got invited I immediately jumped on the founder bandwagon (to this day I still feel the closed beta practically nailed the BT/Mechwarrior experience I was hoping for; now not nearly so well).

#19 Mad Squirrel blasting

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:36 AM

Hi all,

yesterday evening I got an support answer. And now it's getting strange... They have no payments from my side in their system. Now I sent all PayPal bills as evidence to the support team. I'm really glad that's so easy with PayPal. For me it looks like that all my data were deleted, but no one knows how. I'm really excited for next support answer. But furthermore I've lost all my talents and skills, that's the part that I can't evidence... :(

Keep you updated...

KR Musashi

#20 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:43 AM

View PostMusashi Yamamoto, on 28 February 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

Hi all,

yesterday evening I got an support answer. And now it's getting strange... They have no payments from my side in their system. Now I sent all PayPal bills as evidence to the support team. I'm really glad that's so easy with PayPal. For me it looks like that all my data were deleted, but no one knows how. I'm really excited for next support answer. But furthermore I've lost all my talents and skills, that's the part that I can't evidence... :(

Keep you updated...

KR Musashi

Can't get any more strange than that. Shame about the stuff you unlocked by playing, but at least you should be able to get the 'Mechs back. If the entire purchase history is gone, I'd assume they will grant you any purchased MC in value so you can repurchase any 'Mechbays and/or Heroes as needed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users