Raven 3L(C) Worth To Master?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:33 PM

Did not plan to do the stupid challenge but by some stroke of luck I now have a Raven 3L(C).
And oh boy, this mech is a hell of a fun to play (without the challenge in my neck).
Now my questions:

If I buy a Raven 3L (without (C), does it count as one of the three I need to master?
And if not, is the Raven worth to master (which 2 to buy?).

Edited by Mumuharra, 22 February 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#2 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:38 AM

You cannot have two 3L's to count for mastery, you always need 3 different variants and yes the Raven 3L is worth the mastery. I have not looked at the raven quirks but I am pretty sure the 2X is solid.

#3 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:32 AM

View PostMumuharra, on 22 February 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

Did not plan to do the stupid challenge but by some stroke of luck I now have a Raven 3L(C).
And oh boy, this mech is a hell of a fun to play (without the challenge in my neck).
Now my questions:

If I buy a Raven 3L (without (C), does it count as one of the three I need to master?
And if not, is the Raven worth to master (which 2 to buy?).

Raven 3L is a good mech (used to be an excellent mech), the 2x and 4x are both crap. The huginn depends heavily on its quirks, but can be good in the right circumstances.

for the 2x and 4x, decide between the 4 energy slots on the 2x or the jj's on the 4x, tbh

3L and 3L(c) count as the same mech in terms of mastery, as the unlocks/mastery are based on the 3L part.

Edited by NextGame, 23 February 2015 - 01:33 AM.

#4 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:47 AM

View PostNextGame, on 23 February 2015 - 01:32 AM, said:

Raven 3L is a good mech (used to be an excellent mech), the 2x and 4x are both crap. The huginn depends heavily on its quirks, but can be good in the right circumstances.

for the 2x and 4x, decide between the 4 energy slots on the 2x or the jj's on the 4x, tbh

3L and 3L(c) count as the same mech in terms of mastery, as the unlocks/mastery are based on the 3L part.

I dunno, I still have fun in the 4x littlebird on occasion. It was already capable of 1k games prior to the quirks, and it only got better thereafter. Just don't expect it to go into a comp match.

#5 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:05 AM

Both the 2X and 4X are decent light mechs if used correctly:

2X: 275XL, ES, FF, 2xLL, 2xML
4X: 275XL, ES, FF, 2xJJ, 2xLL (or 2xERLL), 2xMG

I especially like the 2X, I have two of them.

#6 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

Nobody mentioned the Huginn... That is possibly the best (second there-after is the Oxide) heavy hunter. It spews SRMs like no other, and hits like a truck in close range. Plus it is a hero, so 100% worth in my books.

The 2X (I talked to Gman the other day) is possibly just as powerful if not more as it's beam duration is much much shorter 30% (I use the same 2xER LL build), and both 2X/3L can truly do their damage. The 4X works as a serviceable AC20 runner, as it is the fastest possible AC20 except maybe the YLW.

#7 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

Moving to light mech subforum

#8 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:01 PM

If you ever do buy an MC package, the Huginn should definitely be on your list if you enjoy the 3L. I mean, it plays completely differently from the 3L (unless you run my build), but it's one of the most fun light mechs in the game and it packs a wallop with those quirked SRMs.

Unfortunately with the most recent quirk pass, there's basically only one okay build on the RVN-2X.

The 4X is more open to interpretation since the quirks are general, but the hardpoints are pretty meh. I would slap max jumpjets on it and enjoy it for what it's worth - the only actual flying Raven.

Is it worth buying the 2X and 4X in order to Master the 3L? Heck yes. You'll probably sell them both after you've got the 3L completely Mastered, but it's totally worth the investment. It's a great mech, it's versatile, and it's competitively viable.

Edited by Tarogato, 23 February 2015 - 06:02 PM.

#9 stuh42l

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:12 PM

Bought the 3L as my first mech, loved it. Bought the 4X and Huginn to master. The 4x was sold as soon as I unlocked the mastery.

The Huginn is the mech I have with the best K/D ratio. You find an assault mech and end its world in under 10 seconds from the rear. DWF are prime meat. I keep the 2jj on mine, many don't. I like them as an oh crap button when stuck on terrain or to prevent falling damage. WIth the SRM 4 mods you can murder most anything with rocket vomit. Keep a head up for the targets damage display and use your MG surgically. Your real DPS comes from the SRM and the MG help secure kills or componant kills on fast movers.

#10 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

I love the raven. Got the 2X, 4X, 3L, 3L (C), and Huginn.

And if they make a Muginn hero raven I'll love that too.

I love the ravens and my personal favourite is the 2X. (2 med pulse, 2 mg, 1 SRM 6, 5 jumpjets).

I think the raven is a must have mech. But that may be just me...

#11 DireWlf

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:08 AM

I haven't even gotten to elite yet and I've had a lot of fun with mine. I should probably finish the masteries and see just how much more it could do.

#12 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,928 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:54 AM

Dates people, dates. No need to necro. If you want to talk about a topic just start a new thread.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users