358 replies to this topic

#21 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:28 AM

So, we losing the planets. Again. TCAF drops in EU time, kills all rats and goes to sleep. Then, Davion units like AW or 31HR drops in NA time and takes the previously liberated world back into the Sauron kingdom. The only way to fix this - get more organised groups in NA time.
It was the first time I miss the goonswarm.

Edited by ShiroganeTakeru, 12 March 2015 - 02:29 AM.

#22 Skollevolle Secound Line Star 2

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDropship 'Aljosha'

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:37 AM

There no Spare parts for this month and there is only 53 millions budget for 12 mech company or then Liao war tax shoud be risen to 18 % .... if now its only 12 % ....

#23 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:19 AM

I hope NA units mb will be more active on weekend

#24 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:35 AM

Its not the Weekends, its the Weekdays. Most of my unit is active on the weekends, but every time we secure a planet: TCAF gets the tag. This is more about the being active on the NA prime Weekdays part. I'm working with my Unit to get more active players on Weekdays, but work and family calls.

#25 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:07 AM

There is no doubt our NA TZ is weak and the recent evaporation of our Marik allies has done little to help.

The flip side of this is that we may be able to bring back a few of the NA mercs. The handful I was in contact with left Liao because Davion wasn't fighting. Now that the rats have found their spine we can lure a few back.

#26 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 12 March 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

There is no doubt our NA TZ is weak and the recent evaporation of our Marik allies has done little to help.

The flip side of this is that we may be able to bring back a few of the NA mercs. The handful I was in contact with left Liao because Davion wasn't fighting. Now that the rats have found their spine we can lure a few back.

I always liked [APOC] and 'CCAF has long relied on mercenaries, more than other Inner Sphere militaries.' Bring them in and pay the man!

WML

Edited by WaiMingLee, 12 March 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#27 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

View PostWaiMingLee, on 12 March 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

I always liked [APOC] and 'CCAF has long relied on mercenaries, more than other Inner Sphere militaries.' Bring them in and pay the man!

WML

[APOC] is Davion. They have always been Davion. Sure they fought for Liao, but the planets they took were basically Davion. (I'm looking at you: St. Ives).

#28 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:14 PM

View PostStoneblade, on 12 March 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

[APOC] is Davion. They have always been Davion. Sure they fought for Liao, but the planets they took were basically Davion. (I'm looking at you: St. Ives).

Why the hostility ? Did they do something wrong ?

#29 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:56 AM

View PostShinVector, on 15 March 2015 - 06:14 PM, said:

Why the hostility ? Did they do something wrong ?

Mercs have no honor: only C-bills, any one trying to tell you different is selling you something. If being bluntly honest is hostility then all my post are hostile. I have no reason to sugar coat things. You put sugar crap: it is still crap, but now it has sugar on it.

edit: Yes I know some merc units like 4TCR will argue this, but they need C-bills, Honor doesn't pay for repairs.

Edited by Stoneblade, 16 March 2015 - 12:57 AM.

#30 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:47 AM

View PostStoneblade, on 16 March 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:

Mercs have no honor: only C-bills, any one trying to tell you different is selling you something. If being bluntly honest is hostility then all my post are hostile. I have no reason to sugar coat things. You put sugar crap: it is still crap, but now it has sugar on it.

edit: Yes I know some merc units like 4TCR will argue this, but they need C-bills, Honor doesn't pay for repairs.

Ok I smell RP in this... This poor 'Liao Mercenary' goes back to his corner.

#31 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:32 AM

When CW opened, 4TCR was here.
When Liao was getting beaten back nightly, 4TCR was here.
When HLGK was 'too busy' for CW, 4TCR was here.
4TCR is here now and always will be.

There all the honor lies...

#32 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

We were never too busy.

It was just a waste of time, and we had leagues to consider.

Is this still an issue for you that we were gone for a grand total of two weeks? STILL?

#33 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:02 AM

*I* Didn't make it an "issue". Stoneblade made a statement. I pointed out some facts. I don't see this as an "issue".

#34 Vas79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 826 posts
  • LocationSt Ives, Capitol Apocalypse Lancer Compact

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:54 AM

Feel free to take this as a Declaration of Independence for the APOC Commonwealth with St Ives as our Capitol.

#35 SterlingArcher1942

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSt Ives, Capitol Apocalypse Lancer Compact

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:01 AM

You gatekeepers are always good for a laugh.

APOC went to Davion to fight Kurita, the entire time with the exemption of 2 matches during slow hours we kept true to our promise to Maxwell to leave the Liao border alone.

The next time Liao is in danger APOC will be back for the CBills and the capital planets, until then keep tooting your horn Gatekeepers and we'll keep lounging on the beautiful beaches of St. Ives.

#36 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

They came in, did their job for the faction, and left.

I judge a House unit on loyalty. I judge a merc unit on results.

APOC gave Liao results. What is the issue here?

#37 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostVas79, on 16 March 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

Feel free to take this as a Declaration of Independence for the APOC Commonwealth with St Ives as our Capitol.

I forgot how much Fun "Forum Warrior Online" is.

People love to take things out of context, myself included. Problem is the only times I've run into APOC (Whether is be CW or Public que) they either had a Davion Flag or a Liao Flag.... ther was a brief moment between contracts where the Mercenary flag was shown. So [APOC] is now Steiner? OK. But still a "roaming' Mercenary company. Yes you took St. Ives, I had no reason to fight for St. Ives. We took Sarna. But I'm not rubbing that in anyone's face every chance I get.

Just to clarify: [HLGK] as a large force left CW for a bit because it was boring, its still in BETA and it still needs work. The third map, new Counter assault mode, are still exciting and not as boring as when it was first released. Personally: I've dropped solo in CW at least 1 match everytime I'm online. Sorry you don't see me in the same matches as you, but I haven't seen you either.

#38 Cael Voltek

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSee contract; Appendix A.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:25 PM

Stoneblade, now you're just having selective memory.

This all started at the nSL meeting, when Zvolimir said that hlgk spoke for all of Liao (BS then, BS now). At that point in time the Lancers were feeling pretty good about the work we were doing for Liao, a faction in the beginning we had no interest in fighting for, but after a week felt it was a good fit as we were making some headway and enjoying the solos and smaller groups that joined with us to fight. That was right up until Zvolimir basically told us to go f*ck ourselves, by disregarding what we had done for Liao and giving the Lancers or anyone else zero credit for stepping in and stepping up. This is also why we like to mention St. Ives every chance we get. It's amazing how far a thanks can go.

As a group, we always approach everyone else we meet with at least a minimum amount of respect. hlgk chooses to do the opposite. And here you are again, proving it. You have your facts completely wrong (We have always been Davion. Say whaaaa?), but like Zvolimir, you double down on the stupidity.

Also, you're posting as much as we do on the forums, so I wouldn't go throwing out the "forum warrior" insult, especially since we haven't seen you actually walk any walk yet.

Not that you care, but every other Liao member we have met has been pretty awesome (Max, MWL, Faith, wanderer) and are the only reasons we may come back. You don't even need to invite us, Stoneblade. We'll do it out of the kindness of our hearts.

Oh yeah, and feel free to send your tributes to:

Apocalypse Lancers
1 Beachfront Way
Tian-tan, St. Ives

#39 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:23 PM

The important thing is that we can all agree that the new Protomen album is pretty dope.

This one is from me to all APOC (but especially VAS)

Edited by Maxwell Albritten, 16 March 2015 - 04:35 PM.

#40 H2CO3

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostStoneblade, on 12 March 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

Oh look, you caught us. Been Davion the whole time, yup. Strangely though I remember APOC under FRR before Liao. Hrmm....oh look! There is my loyalty points to prove it.

Mercs have no honor: only C-bills, any one trying to tell you different is selling you something...

Yup, again. Your right on the dot. Good thing your here to keep us all in the light of the obvious facts. God, its a wonder Liao needed our help at all. It seems you have it all figured out!

Tell you what, Lets just settle this like men. We got a practice area on St. Ives, bring your dropship with 12.

Or you can screw this 'honor' you apparently want everyone to think you have and run back to that backworld you came from like a coward. Just saying. Honor duel, or GTFO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users