358 replies to this topic

#41 Vas79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 826 posts
  • LocationSt Ives, Capitol Apocalypse Lancer Compact

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

I can't watch the video Max, good thing I'm a child of the 80's so I know the original.

I always preferred the Dan Band Version myself:

Edited by Vas79, 16 March 2015 - 04:42 PM.

#42 SterlingArcher1942

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:40 PM

The gauntlet has been thrown gatekeepers, let's settle this question of 'honor,' accept our challenge or be forever known as cowards.

12 man, 8 man, 4 man, 12 v 8, 1 v. 1, take your pick.

Edited by SterlingArcher1942, 16 March 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#43 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

I think a 12v12 urbanmech only fight would have the highest honor to thrown gauntlet ratio tho.

Edited by Maxwell Albritten, 16 March 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#44 Vas79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 826 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:50 PM

For Max:

Edited by Vas79, 16 March 2015 - 04:50 PM.

#45 SterlingArcher1942

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

Remember Max

If the dirty Maricks ever hurt you
True love APOC will never desert you
You know we still love you
Though we touched
And went our separate ways

#46 Cael Voltek

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSee contract; Appendix A.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

Tears of laughter Max (and all the other video contributors, but they do that crap on my forums all of the time, so....).

But, I have an idea: Let's take the challenges to another thread instead of squatting on the coordination thread. Slapping people around in big stompy robots is supposed to be a happy occasion...

#47 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

View PostCael Voltek, on 16 March 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

But, I have an idea: Let's take the challenges to another thread instead of squatting on the coordination thread.

Yes, I concur. Though I am surprised all the youtube links haven't summoned any Kuritans to this thread yet. They love this stuff. :)

#48 Cael Voltek

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSee contract; Appendix A.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:06 PM

YouTube is like the song of their people....

That and meme generators.

#49 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:15 PM

View PostCael Voltek, on 16 March 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

Stoneblade, now you're just having selective memory.

He's not the only one.

This all started at the nSL meeting, when Zvolimir said that hlgk spoke for all of Liao (BS then, BS now).

Why don't you ask some Liao unit leaders? As far as the nSL goes, I've always had the support of the leadership, if not the soldiery.

At that point in time the Lancers were feeling pretty good about the work we were doing for Liao, a faction in the beginning we had no interest in fighting for, but after a week felt it was a good fit as we were making some headway and enjoying the solos and smaller groups that joined with us to fight. That was right up until Zvolimir basically told us to go f*ck ourselves, by disregarding what we had done for Liao and giving the Lancers or anyone else zero credit for stepping in and stepping up. This is also why we like to mention St. Ives every chance we get. It's amazing how far a thanks can go.

Now, we both know that's not what I said. Pretty sure those talks are on record.

And you can thank the rudeness of your entire unit for our stance on that.

As a group, we always approach everyone else we meet with at least a minimum amount of respect. hlgk chooses to do the opposite. And here you are again, proving it. You have your facts completely wrong (We have always been Davion. Say whaaaa?), but like Zvolimir, you double down on the stupidity.

Let's get something straight. I never sh*t on you. I never called you names or said you never did anything. I never insulted any of you or called you out on flip flopping or whatever else you have in your mind as a reason to dislike HLGK.

Yet here you are, calling me and my unit names and generally just being a troll.

What I said was that mercenary units don't really have a say in House matters because they will always TURN on us. Everything I said you have proven, again and again.

Also, you're posting as much as we do on the forums, so I wouldn't go throwing out the "forum warrior" insult, especially since we haven't seen you actually walk any walk yet.

All the people that count know what we've been doing. Who cares what you see and what you don't?

Not that you care, but every other Liao member we have met has been pretty awesome (Max, MWL, Faith, wanderer) and are the only reasons we may come back. You don't even need to invite us, Stoneblade. We'll do it out of the kindness of our hearts.

Everyone else huh? Well, yeah...they are good people.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Oh yeah, and feel free to send your tributes to:
Apocalypse Lancers
1 Beachfront Way
Tian-tan, St. Ives

You know we don't have a hard on for St. Ives, right? It's a traitor state.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 16 March 2015 - 08:35 PM.

#50 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:33 PM

Stoneblade, now you're just having selective memory.

View PostStoneblade, on 16 March 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

People love to take things out of context, myself included. Problem is the only times I've run into APOC (Whether is be CW or Public que) they either had a Davion Flag or a Liao Flag.... ther was a brief moment between contracts where the Mercenary flag was shown. So [APOC] is now Steiner? OK. But still a "roaming' Mercenary company. Yes you took St. Ives, I had no reason to fight for St. Ives. We took Sarna. But I'm not rubbing that in anyone's face every chance I get.

HUH, don't read everything?

#51 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:37 PM

My only issue is that you came in here flinging dirt and mentioning my unit specifically. I won't have people trash talking my unit when we have been here from day one. As soon as cw went live I left Lords and returned to 4TCR to defend the confederation, and have been herding pugs and coordinating disparate units ever since.

#52 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:53 AM

See Faith, that's the thing. In your post, you imply we do nothing, but the fact is we've been here since DAY 1, not just since CW went live.

And somehow we've never done a damned thing.

The assertion that we are somehow NOT playing CW for some reason is an allegation that has absolutely NO basis in fact.

We have been on the clan front of FRR and DC since the nSL meeting - you know, as part of the agreement. Even so,
we have defended worlds for hours EVERY DAY, only for TCAF to get every tag - and that's an agreement we have with them.

No one is bitching, but there is a fact to point out: We don't have the 200 people to push it all the way over, but we can damn sure fight the Davrats back over 50%. We actually had to communicate with Paul because we didn't understand why the worlds we were fighting on (no matter what) got a TCAF tag. Now we do.

This poo-fling mentality we have has to stop. We're all doing our part.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 17 March 2015 - 08:20 AM.

#53 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

For a CCAF coordination thread - there are some awesome music links in it. Props to all those who managed to dig up some 80s' power ballads.

Can we say that we are ALL mercs? This game is Mechwarrior Online Mercenaries? There are NO House units as they are all PGI controlled. If I could have joined the Capellan Hussars from the outset, I would have!

As for loyalty and other stuff - I can say without doubt that 4TCR, HLGK, TCAF and others are loyal to House Liao. We may bicker and chafe and snipe, but we're all loyal to the celestial throne. Even if we have a history of craziness there. So I love you all in a bro-mance way.

I can also say that most of the Mercs I have been with [APOC] and [GS] to name two, are ace, they get results for the c-bills paid and have painted a few planets green for House Liao. I have to admit, it is a bit disconcerting to see the [APOC] ticker both on St Ives and on Liao in green and gold respectively!

As per canon, House Liao relied on mercenaries more than any other House - so I hope we get a few more to bolster our ranks. We are all doing our bit.

Any more pooh-flinging? Take it over there ----->

Now, one more Youtube power ballad to put a full stop to all this. This one always reminds me of the 80s and I file it under 'Guilty Pleasures'. I also remember it being streamed over TS during a drop by (I think) some Golden Skull mech pilot as we waited in the lobby.

https://youtu.be/FTQbiNvZqaY

#54 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

How about create "APOC and Liao" topic and argue there instead of doing in the coordination place?

#55 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:48 AM

Interesting... Wonder which 12 liaos is attacking Marik's Quemoy ??
Hmmm...

#56 Rakesch

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:01 AM

No, not me. I am working :ph34r:

#57 JustEvil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:07 AM

Wasn't there some kind of deal about attacking northern Marik planets close to Liao border if there is a chance to do so? Quemoy was available tons of times already, but there was no one to take it.

#58 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

View PostJustEvil, on 23 March 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

Wasn't there some kind of deal about attacking northern Marik planets close to Liao border if there is a chance to do so? Quemoy was available tons of times already, but there was no one to take it.

No.

#59 SterlingArcher1942

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

What's up with the truce with Marik? I've been seeing both Marik 12 mans try and attack Liao and Liao 12 mans queuing to attack Marik the last day or two.

Are those rogue groups or is the truce breaking down?

#60 LilacsRsweet

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostSterlingArcher1942, on 25 March 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

What's up with the truce with Marik? I've been seeing both Marik 12 mans try and attack Liao and Liao 12 mans queuing to attack Marik the last day or two.

Are those rogue groups or is the truce breaking down?

Yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users