251 replies to this topic

#41 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

Actually, Ilithi Dragon and Valar13 both eluded to as much. The attempted Marik attack against Kurita appears to be the realization of that very threat. At least that's how it looks to us.

LOL
Kurita: Absolutely nobody represents the DCMS unless we say so, but anything said by anyone with a Marik faction tag, it's obviously coming from their Command.

Seriously, do you even think these things through before you hit enter?

#42 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 05:57 PM, said:

Business trip? How would you like me to phrase the concept that Seraphim came to House Kurita for 1 week?

We put it up to a vote after 7 days on whether to stay with Kurita or go to another faction in need of help. During our term of deployment from Marik with you, our troops formed an opinion of whether or not to stay. It was voted unanimous to leave for FRR,

As an extra point, why did the BWC leave before we did after spending 7 days as well?

Perhaps there is a causitive link?

You make up your own mind. We did.

#43 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 25 February 2015 - 07:30 PM, said:

LOL
Kurita: Absolutely nobody represents the DCMS unless we say so, but anything said by anyone with a Marik faction tag, it's obviously coming from their Command.

Seriously, do you even think these things through before you hit enter?

Aren't both you and ilithi Dragon part of Marik leadership? Or am I mistaken?

Edited by pwnface, 25 February 2015 - 07:42 PM.

#44 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:46 PM

Regarding Kurita's refusal to curb their trolls:

The words and actions of every member of your community reflects on the community as a whole. How your leadership handles those words and actions further reflects on your community.

This is something that anyone who has ever been involved in a large organization in the real world understands. This is a lesson that MS learned the hard way a couple weeks ago.

The large number of Kurita players who are engaging in aggressive and often abusive trolling reflects on Kurita as a whole, and colors the entire faction as trolls. Kuritan leadership's refusal to do anything to curb those trolls, or even denounce their behavior, let alone their attempts to justify and defend that behavior, is tacit support for that behavior, and even encouragement of it.

There is a reason why companies fire people for making asses of themselves while publicly representing the company. There is a reason why anyone in the Navy will go to Captain's Mast or even a courts martial, and then kicked out, for public behavior that casts the Navy in a bad light, and the same with any other branch. The behavior and words of even the lowest, greenest, obviously-a-shitbag-idiot recruit, made publicly, reflect on the organization as a whole, and when that reflection is poor, it causes all sorts of problems for the larger organization.

If Kurita doesn't start to curb the behavior of their trolls, then they will learn this lesson the hard way, by alienating themselves from the rest of the community, which will come to see them as nothing more than a faction of goonish trolls.

That might be anything but the truth, but if that's the image that you let your players paint for the rest of the community, that's the image that will stick.

#45 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

Aren't both you and ilithi Dragon part of Marik leadership? Or am I mistaken?

But you didn't say me, you said Valar. Didn't you?

#46 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

Snake: We bros!
Eagle: We bros!

Snake: Eagle pinches!
Eagle: Rogue eagle. Eagle sorry! Eagle helps!

Snake: Snake hits Eagle in face! Snake laughs! Ha ha ha ha!
Eagle: ...grmpf!

Snake: Eagle will hit back? WHY EAGLE DESTROY IS UNITY????!!!!
Eagle: ...

Snake: Clam victory Eagle´s fault!

I can feel an epic poem in the making.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 25 February 2015 - 07:55 PM.

#47 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:54 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

Actually, Ilithi Dragon and Valar13 both eluded to as much. The attempted Marik attack against Kurita appears to be the realization of that very threat. At least that's how it looks to us.

Screencap or it didn't happen.

At no time did I nor anyone else ever elude to or suggest any threat of violence or hostile action against anyone who did not desire to join the Star League.

Ask anyone who was at the last Star League meeting, mine was one of the first and strongest voices pushing for the Star League to establish its policy of not interfering with or getting involved with inter-house conflicts, and of keeping its resources and organization strictly for use against the Clans, and nothing else.

This is not the first time I have seen you have spread this untruth about myself and Valar, Pwnface. I request that you stop.

#48 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

We can not and will not regulate anyone's forum posts. If you don't like it, feel free to express that sentiment however you wish.

We've asked that DCMS pilots keep out of official threads like this one so we can maintain a clear line of communication to other factions without inflammatory remarks, you'll find that this thread is unusually devoid of any trolling or antics from Kurita pilots.

If your sole reason for going to war with Kurita is because someone made you upset on the forums so be it. We stand by our principle of allowing people to say what they want, it's not as if we can kick players out of our faction even if we wanted to (not that we would want to).

View PostRoadbeer, on 25 February 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

But you didn't say me, you said Valar. Didn't you?

I did say ilithi Dragon though, didn't I. The same person who created the thread "Reforging The Star League" and the same person who drafted the "Declaration of War" that was leaked right after the Marik attack on Kurita. Is he representative of the nSL and Marik or not? Surely you can see how it looks like Kurita's refusal to join the nSL is at least somewhat related to the attack against us.

#49 Sebastien Chabal

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:58 PM

Roadbeer is a misogynist, so you don't have to keep arguing with him.

#50 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

Now explain where the women come into this.

Or are you using words you do not comprehend?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny

#51 Sebastien Chabal

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:01 PM

No, I don't have to. Do your own research. It's not an assassination of character, it's suicide. Cheers.

#52 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

Were you by chance trying to speak about "misantrophy" and now bug out because you do not want to admit it?

Cute.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Misanthropy

#53 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

We can not and will not regulate anyone's forum posts.

Of course you can. You can tell them to stop behaving like that, establish specific and/or general guidelines and policies regarding player behavior in posts and in game, and when your players breech, you have their unit leaders talk to them, reiterate those policies, and if they behavior is repetitive or severe enough, punish them by demoting them in rank within the unit, or removing them from the unit or barring them from the community entirely. You can't stop them from putting on Kurita tags in the game, but you CAN exert social pressures within your player community, as well as punish them, up to and including exclusion from your community. Just about every other player community, gaming company, or social group I have ever been in had some policies to regulate player behavior, and enforced them. Usually all it takes is the leadership figures in the community stepping up and saying, "Hey, we don't want this kind of behavior to represent who we are, don't do it."

How you publicly respond also further colors that behavior. Refusing to curb your own trolls, when just about EVERY OTHER COMMUNITY IN THE GAME actively curbs the worst of theirs (and yes, even Roadbeer gets chastised for trolling to much or going over the line), might as well be publicly declaring your support for that behavior. That's basic PR.

#54 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:09 PM

View PostSebastien Chabal, on 25 February 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

Roadbeer is a misogynist, so you don't have to keep arguing with him.
did u really need to roll an alt to derail the thread with name calling?

#55 Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 25 February 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Of course you can. You can tell them to stop behaving like that, establish specific and/or general guidelines and policies regarding player behavior in posts and in game, and when your players breech, you have their unit leaders talk to them, reiterate those policies, and if they behavior is repetitive or severe enough, punish them by demoting them in rank within the unit, or removing them from the unit or barring them from the community entirely. You can't stop them from putting on Kurita tags in the game, but you CAN exert social pressures within your player community, as well as punish them, up to and including exclusion from your community. Just about every other player community, gaming company, or social group I have ever been in had some policies to regulate player behavior, and enforced them. Usually all it takes is the leadership figures in the community stepping up and saying, "Hey, we don't want this kind of behavior to represent who we are, don't do it."

How you publicly respond also further colors that behavior. Refusing to curb your own trolls, when just about EVERY OTHER COMMUNITY IN THE GAME actively curbs the worst of theirs (and yes, even Roadbeer gets chastised for trolling to much or going over the line), might as well be publicly declaring your support for that behavior. That's basic PR.

Believe it or not, some guilds are open to entire communities and aren't weird military circlejerk nonsense with ranks and officers and 'discipline'.

#56 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 25 February 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

Were you by chance trying to speak about "misantrophy" and now bug out because you do not want to admit it?

Cute.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Misanthropy

No he was saying that roadbeer hates women and is therefore scum. He made that pretty clear, I'm not sure how you could misinterpret his post. hth

#57 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:14 PM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 25 February 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

Screencap or it didn't happen.

At no time did I nor anyone else ever elude to or suggest any threat of violence or hostile action against anyone who did not desire to join the Star League.

Ask anyone who was at the last Star League meeting, mine was one of the first and strongest voices pushing for the Star League to establish its policy of not interfering with or getting involved with inter-house conflicts, and of keeping its resources and organization strictly for use against the Clans, and nothing else.

This is not the first time I have seen you have spread this untruth about myself and Valar, Pwnface. I request that you stop.

Posted Image

#58 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 25 February 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Lmao you **** maybe your faction puts up with you and Roadbeer heiling each other but we don't roll that way

hmm I didn't expect that word to be filtered. oh well

Edited by YCSLiesmith, 25 February 2015 - 08:15 PM.

#59 Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 63 posts

I am Sebastien Chabal; I had merely logged on using the wrong address. I'm here for two hours, ask me anything!

#60 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:17 PM

In any case, let's drop any argument related to nSL or wormhole experiment closure/resistance. Forget all of that for minute.

Where does Marik want to go from here? Kurita has already stated that we can not and will not try to restrict anyone from saying what they want to. If this is unacceptable to Marik and enough cause for war then so be it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users