***dcms Announcement On Marik Relations***

251 replies to this topic

#61 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:17 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 25 February 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

No he was saying that roadbeer hates women and is therefore scum. He made that pretty clear, I'm not sure how you could misinterpret his post. hth

Interesting.

So who of you guys is a girl? pwnface?

Well, after some pondering it all makes sense now.

#62 Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 63 posts

You're speaking of NKVA, by the way, but you aren't mentioning us for some odd reason. Why is that?

#63 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

NKVA guys, I'd appreciate it a lot if you'd let me handle this one. Thanks :)

Edited by pwnface, 25 February 2015 - 08:18 PM.

#64 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:18 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

To all DCMS pilots, please refrain from posting in this thread to keep this thread for devolving into troll/flame wars.

a reminder to certain HK pilots in this thread. This is an official communique, please treat it as such

#65 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:19 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 25 February 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

a reminder to certain HK pilots in this thread. This is an official communique, please treat it as such

You too! Get out of here Stealth!

#66 Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:20 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

I've said what I wanted, carry on. Just keep in mind what I said is true.

#67 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

You are calling your high council dude a girl? C´mon....

Edited by Molossian Dog, 25 February 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#68 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:28 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 25 February 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

didn't you just get done saying HK doesn't regulate forum posts?

Edited by ThomasMarik, 25 February 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#69 Zankou Ryles

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis,MO

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:33 PM

Pops some popcorn and sits back to watch the show*

#70 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:42 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 25 February 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

didn't you just get done saying HK doesn't regulate forum posts?

I did also say we try to keep official threads clear of non-official contact. We don't filter content but try to keep official communication clear.

#71 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:43 PM

View PostZankou Ryles, on 25 February 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

Pops some popcorn and sits back to watch the show*
don't forget a soda pop to wash it all down.

#72 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

View PostSebastien Chabal, on 25 February 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

Roadbeer is a misogynist, so you don't have to keep arguing with him.

LOL, Thanks for that. My sides are in orbit again.

#73 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:00 PM

At least now we know who is going to have to do the make up intercourse.

Ha ha ha ha

Edited by Molossian Dog, 25 February 2015 - 09:00 PM.

#74 Kane Wrath

• PipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:08 PM

This is why I dislike the IS factions all you do is argue and complain about petty BS grow up and focus on the Clans their the real threat or go ham on each other and get bombed to the industrial age again. Only reason I'm working for DCMS is because of my unit and hell money if you didn't pay this well most of you IS factions would be screwed.

Ima just leave this post here and let you keep arguing and what not, maybe you all will take this post seriously but I doubt it.

Edited by Kane Wrath, 25 February 2015 - 09:08 PM.

#75 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:47 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

We can not and will not regulate anyone's forum posts. If you don't like it, feel free to express that sentiment however you wish.

You don't need to "regulate" their posts. You don't have to stop them, slow them down, or anything.

As I've said before, you just don't have to support their posts. This would mean mentioning that you don't support those posts. You don't like those posts. If you see people getting upset by those posts, you inform people that the posts are not serious and that they do not represent the faction.

There are other ways to "moderate" those people, without restricting their freedom of speech.

I'd also like to mention, Freedom only goes so far as the other person's face. Once your speech falls into defaming, threatening, or otherwise harmful tones, then you can be "punished" for your speech (in the real world). Freedom of speech goes two ways. You have the freedom to say whatever you want, but you also have the freedom to take the responsibilities and penalties for your words. (There is such a thing as verbal abuse...)

View Postpwnface, on 25 February 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

Spoiler

If you had properly quoted (I know, this was in response to "screen or it didn't happen"), I could have pointed my own response to that post about three or four posts lower. (maybe more?)

It is a typical alliance "contract" to say that people outside the alliance, if they don't agree to join, will not receive support from those within the alliance. It is also standard fair to say that hostile actions taken on one member of the alliance will result in those hostilities being considered directed at all members of the alliance.

Those are not "threats". Those are terms for joining or not joining the alliance. Even then, need I remind you that, despite you not joining the NSL, we still sent Mercs to help you out. I believe even Davion sent some Mercs up to help you. Only for you to turn around and attack Davion (from everything I've seen/heard).

As per standard fair for an alliance, you have attacked Davion. By doing so, it is considered an attack on Marik as well. Just like WW1 and WW2, you attack one member of the alliance, then others have to join in their defense.

In any case, let's drop any argument related to nSL or wormhole experiment closure/resistance. Forget all of that for minute.

Agreed. Lets forget about those incidents (on both sides) for a moment. So, what now?

#76 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 25 February 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Of course you can. You can tell them to stop behaving like that, establish specific and/or general guidelines and policies regarding player behavior in posts and in game, and when your players breech, you have their unit leaders talk to them, reiterate those policies, and if they behavior is repetitive or severe enough, punish them by demoting them in rank within the unit, or removing them from the unit or barring them from the community entirely. You can't stop them from putting on Kurita tags in the game, but you CAN exert social pressures within your player community, as well as punish them, up to and including exclusion from your community. Just about every other player community, gaming company, or social group I have ever been in had some policies to regulate player behavior, and enforced them. Usually all it takes is the leadership figures in the community stepping up and saying, "Hey, we don't want this kind of behavior to represent who we are, don't do it."

How you publicly respond also further colors that behavior. Refusing to curb your own trolls, when just about EVERY OTHER COMMUNITY IN THE GAME actively curbs the worst of theirs (and yes, even Roadbeer gets chastised for trolling to much or going over the line), might as well be publicly declaring your support for that behavior. That's basic PR.

Or pwnface could not, because forum tone police boring job for Costco middle manager, not true warrior.

Apologies, did not see pwnface request.

#77 Evilsmirk

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:08 PM

Kudos to pwnface for attempting to diffuse the ill will generated in previous threads.

As one that firmly believes the only way to kill a troll is to not be its audience, I have to say I find it humorous that all the posts about how "weaksausce" Marik is, and how HK can crush us into oblivion, you are now running from the opportunity to prove your talk correct. Not trying to start anything, honest. I'll chalk it up to a calmer head admitting that everything before was a mistake by both sides.

I personally believe the stated stance on Free Speech of the individuals with HK tags contradicts your call for those same members not to fame/troll. It rings of a ready made excuse. One can not claim that all the posters with HK tags don't actually speak for HK while at the same time claiming that every post with a Marik tag is high command sanctioned. I'm sure that you can understand how someone with a particular faction tag behaves a certain way it is easy to associate their behavior with the entire faction. But given Lord Ikka saying "And now we are going to unleash the NKVA hordes on your forums. Enjoy :D " in a previous thread, it seems to me you do have control over those with HK tags after all. I mean if they are truly free to post using the HK tag, why would HK feel the need to give them permission? I'm not sure you can gain any moral high ground, so to speak, on this issue. But I'll grant you aren't losing any more ground with this if it holds. Well at least with me. Best of luck, truly.

I personally regret that the actions of a temporary merc unit in the original wormhole was escalated by words posted in these forums. Yes we fell for the bait and let the trolls with HK tags get to us emotionally so the whole Athenery thing came to be. And yes you closed the wormhole, despite our late efforts t prevent it. And earned some leverage to gloat in the process. Keid was at 20% the first go round, Reigning that in and preventing it from going higher lends creadance to what you ae claiming here. However. some chose not to believe Marik couldn't do anything about the previously mentioned merc unit's actions. I ask that if Keid is attacked (again) or taken, you do Marik the courtesy of not claiming the very same thing.

Edited by Evilsmirk, 25 February 2015 - 11:20 PM.

#78 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:41 AM

View PostMustafa Kemal Ataturk, on 25 February 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

I am Sebastien Chabal; I had merely logged on using the wrong address. I'm here for two hours, ask me anything!

Sock puppet... burn it with fire....

#79 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:44 AM

View PostEvilsmirk, on 25 February 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

Kudos to pwnface for attempting to diffuse the ill will generated in previous threads.

As one that firmly believes the only way to kill a troll is to not be its audience, I have to say I find it humorous that all the posts about how "weaksausce" Marik is, and how HK can crush us into oblivion, you are now running from the opportunity to prove your talk correct. Not trying to start anything, honest. I'll chalk it up to a calmer head admitting that everything before was a mistake by both sides.

I personally believe the stated stance on Free Speech of the individuals with HK tags contradicts your call for those same members not to fame/troll. It rings of a ready made excuse. One can not claim that all the posters with HK tags don't actually speak for HK while at the same time claiming that every post with a Marik tag is high command sanctioned. I'm sure that you can understand how someone with a particular faction tag behaves a certain way it is easy to associate their behavior with the entire faction. But given Lord Ikka saying "And now we are going to unleash the NKVA hordes on your forums. Enjoy :D " in a previous thread, it seems to me you do have control over those with HK tags after all. I mean if they are truly free to post using the HK tag, why would HK feel the need to give them permission? I'm not sure you can gain any moral high ground, so to speak, on this issue. But I'll grant you aren't losing any more ground with this if it holds. Well at least with me. Best of luck, truly.

I personally regret that the actions of a temporary merc unit in the original wormhole was escalated by words posted in these forums. Yes we fell for the bait and let the trolls with HK tags get to us emotionally so the whole Athenery thing came to be. And yes you closed the wormhole, despite our late efforts t prevent it. And earned some leverage to gloat in the process. Keid was at 20% the first go round, Reigning that in and preventing it from going higher lends creadance to what you ae claiming here. However. some chose not to believe Marik couldn't do anything about the previously mentioned merc unit's actions. I ask that if Keid is attacked (again) or taken, you do Marik the courtesy of not claiming the very same thing.

If marik is attacked, they will claim it as a false flag op just like luthien...

#80 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:47 AM

View PostTesunie, on 25 February 2015 - 10:47 PM, said:

I'd also like to mention, Freedom only goes so far as the other person's face. Once your speech falls into defaming, threatening, or otherwise harmful tones, then you can be "punished" for your speech (in the real world). Freedom of speech goes two ways. You have the freedom to say whatever you want, but you also have the freedom to take the responsibilities and penalties for your words. (There is such a thing as verbal abuse...)

This is a valid point but in the real world it only applies if a law is being broken. Just as on the forums the CoC / ToS are the rules that forum posters and players need to abide by. There are plenty of people who say and write inflammatory things in real life but it doesn't make it illegal. If anyone from HK is breaking the rules on the forums, by all means report them to moderators.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users