#41 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 26 February 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

wasnt it out for idk 2 years... 2 year and it only manages to have 5000 players at peak hours ... this game is just a perfect example of become a whale or gtfo

I'll be sure to tell that to the players i know who've been playing since beta and have only spent <$50 over 3 years for a few mechbays or some premium time.

I'm sure they'll be thankful to learn that their enjoyment has been all wrong.

#42 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:42 AM

View PostMott, on 26 February 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

I'll be sure to tell that to the players i know who've been playing since beta and have only spent <$50 over 3 years for a few mechbays or some premium time.

I'm sure they'll be thankful to learn that their enjoyment has been all wrong.

yea ... they are the 0.1% of the players who actually didnt pay more than 1000€ for a game and stayed

and the other 300000-400000 people just left

#43 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 26 February 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

yea ... they are the 0.1% of the players who actually didnt pay more than 1000€ for a game and stayed

and the other 300000-400000 people just left

In your fantasy world, are there rides?

#44 NephyrisX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:50 AM

anyway got enough of this game ... now i know why the playerbase is so low

and i heard this game is going to be on steam ... who will even download it from steam if only 5000 players play this game at peak hours

wasnt it out for idk 2 years... 2 year and it only manages to have 5000 players at peak hours ... this game is just a perfect example of become a whale or gtfo

Oh? And how in the holy hell did you find out the peak number of players? Did you grab them off from statistics which we have never heard before or is it anecdotal?

Also, how is it that you have over 1000 matches AND have a 2.0 KD yet have not adapted to LRMs? Are you really honestly that terrible that you must resort to blaming the game rather than your incompetence and inability to adopt (or even outright ignore) the numerous counters to LRMs?

#45 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 26 February 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

1. one ams is useless for a lrm spam
2. the game economy is broken and i wont waste 6M for a radar dep(i rather buy a new light)
3. coordination in teams ... whats coordination .... its every man for him self (its jsut the multiplayer mentality)

Problem identified... You complain about something. Then go on to say every coutner which works from multiple players experience... are useless for you becasue you refuse to learn from past experiences while beleiving yourself to be a good player due to the fact that you have a good K/D ratio (please note, that it is a relatively useless indicator of skill due to the fact that the person awarded the kill is only the last one of many who casued that kill).

1. If 1 AMS can take out 5 LRMs per salvo... how many LRMs are taken out if 4 players each bring an AMS? Presto, you are able to survive nearly every LRM rain if you stick to and with your team while moving to a better shooting positino where the LRM mechs are in your crosshairs.

2. If you would rather complain about being killed by LRMS and buy a light mech instead of one of the best counters... you really dont have any more valid reasons to complain then.

3. Typical PUG CoD mentality. Why work as a team and support each other? Whats the point apart from... well everything.

#46 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:00 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 26 February 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

if u screen shot every second ... that doesnt mean i do ...

but if u dont belive me ... when ur ingame just look at the sky and ull see how many easymode mechs there is
Try using one and
come back to us.
It's not easy to use LRMs effectively if the enemy team is competent.

They rely on player skill and support from the team to be truly effective.

View PostEgomane, on 26 February 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

Oh no... not another one, who has become the victim of the one weapon in MWO, that has the most countermeassures available against it.

Here are some hints for you:
- Radar depraviation
- Get below 180 meters. LRM boats usually don't have much secondary weaponry to defend themself.
- Look for ECM cover
- Equip AMS and advise others who complain about LRM to do the same
- Know the maps! If you know the maps well, you can move on them unafraid of dying to LRM. Yes, even on Alpine! There is plenty of cover on all of them and it is even in reach for slow moving Assaults.
- Don't try to hide! If you hide, the LRM player will simply look for a better firing position and keep shooting you.
- Kill the one who is spotting for the LRMs.

LRMs have a low damage to tonnage rating. They spread their damage all over the target. They are absolutly inefficient. Only if they are used in masses, do they have some sort of killing power. But any other weapon, boated in the same amount, would kill you even faster.

So stop crying and learn to play!
Because of all of this, and more.
You get warned when being shot with LRMs.
There's numerous hard counters to LRMs, while other weapons only have "can't see the enemy" as a defence.

What is happening, is you don't want to play the game, you want the game
to change to suit you, but that's not how it works.

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 26 February 2015 - 06:03 AM, said:

so thats the reason why i can make 780 dmg on average with a lrm30 maddog ... low damage... yee
Not what he said.

Damage per ton.
My Mad Dog runs 6xLRM5 and pulls a lot of damage.

I also dedicate around 25-30T to the weapon system.

I can get the same damage output for far less tonnage in lasers and Ballistics.
But it's not Missiles then, and I enjoy my missiles.

#47 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:02 AM

anyway got enough of this game ... now i know why the playerbase is so low

and i heard this game is going to be on steam ... who will even download it from steam if only 5000 players play this game at peak hours

I was gonna do my normal defend the lrm thingy.
But I see your just a troll.
Death Star huh?
Dubious at best.

#48 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:05 AM

I just realized, that the OP already created the exact same thread three days ago.
http://mwomercs.com/...pic/190839-lrm/

I fail to see a reason why he had to repost it, with the same false 70 % statement, unless he is simply starving for attention. One thing is for sure... this user is now a permanent guest on my "will-not-read list". I'll not provide him with that attention.

Edited by Egomane, 26 February 2015 - 07:12 AM.

#49 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostEgomane, on 26 February 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

I just realized, that the OP already created the exact same thread three days ago.
http://mwomercs.com/...pic/190839-lrm/

I fail to see a reason why he had to repost it, with the same false 70 % statement. One thing is for sure... this user is now a permanent guest on my "will-not-read list".

ok good bye

#50 Kotev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:11 AM

I understand OP that LRM are anoying when you are spamed by it, but there are effective countermesures against them, even better create your LRM boat and let them feel the same anoyance :)

#51 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:22 AM

View PostKotev, on 26 February 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

I understand OP that LRM are anoying when you are spamed by it, but there are effective countermesures against them, even better create your LRM boat and let them feel the same anoyance :)

im gonna sell every mech that cant the be a lrm boat

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 26 February 2015 - 07:23 AM.

#52 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:26 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 26 February 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

im gonna sell every mech that cant the be a lrm boat

I love meat.

#53 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:32 AM

Most games I get in where the other team has too many LRMs end in a stomp against the Lurmers. they just can't defend themselves when you close.

#54 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 486 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:45 AM

A minor thought on this subject. I've been playing since closed beta started, actually joined and played a little before then in august of 2012. Lrms have been all over the place in terms of effectiveness and typically, there's ALWAYS in any given time, those who feel they CAN deal with the worst of LRM and those who feel they CAN'T it's too much, impossible... unbeatable.

Duh, right?

Thing is, in almost all times both camps are right. Many of those who CAN deal with LRMs know all the cover and stick to it religiously, working with friends and allies who will do their damndest to deny any locks, tag and narc spotting. They can do this because they know the maps well, the mechs well and the positions well. They've trained just where to go, they know what angles the missiles can come in on and how to make them eat hillside. Often they have used missiles themselves, having a good idea of how their arcs and speed works, such that they know when they need to seek cover or hit thier jumpjets to mitigate an incoming volley, making more of it miss than hit.

Those who CAN'T deal with the LRMs and complain about LRM easy mode often (not always) have never used LRMs extensively, they also have not spent the hard hours in many cases being rained on by LRMs in their various previous incarnations, when they have been both faster and slower and often far more damaging. These people also very often have developed a sort of paralysis about LRMs... I see it happen all the time. For example, Forest Colony conquest, starting on the dish side for my team, we march with lights taking the central cap point and I am moving under the arch by that cap point, in a victor with an allied stalker ahead of me. An enemy spider spotter above the cave ridge is tagging the stalker, so rather than charging ahead into the cave or tight against the wall to avoid the arcing missiles from b3, the stalker stops and starts to ponderously turn in place, blocking the whole arch for myself, two crabs and an atlas ddc who was just closing in to offer ecm cover. The spider drops off the cliff face and arty strikes us. Cluster F... this happens all the time, and it's from panic.

Panic happens, I get it. It's great to exploit on the enemy side, it frustrates the heck out of me on my side. When it happens it can make an enemy team that normally would roll my team actually not so formidable, gives us a dynamic chance to exploit. Same the other way around, many good teams know some part of my team will panic... perhaps unaffiliated pugs, or perhaps part of those group dropping with me. The thing is, matches should be much more dynamic, such that good behaviours like sticking close to cover are useful, but also there's a point to not always hiding and the "skill" that is encouraged is being able to dynamically adapt to varied fighting conditions.

As things are, LRMs are both OP AND UP(under powered) based on how well the users AND the defenders know the map. When you play on the same play ground again and again, of course you learn how to exploit it. So new players and those who have not yet caught on, even after a long while (perhaps with numerous rage quits or "breaks" till they fix lurms) are not entirely wrong saying how unrealistic things are... in a realistic and reasonable sim of this nature, we should not be able to memorize and practice every single battlefield location, finding the optimal sniper nests, missile perches and dialing in angles of attack with our missiles so that we can dead fire our missiles just as effectively as if we have locks. Almost never is a battle fought on the same ground in the same way, by the same people twice. Skill lies in adapting, not memorizing battle grounds that never change - and it can frustrate the hell out of folks who have been trying to adapt and play the game from that point of view.

The people who feel their missiles are Underpowered, they've got some points too. If they were playing in constantly changing terrain and they could not necessarily know how it would play out every time, where the choke points develop, where they always can get their snipers ranged... then they would find difficulty using missiles that have the hang time of a loitering UAV. Opportunties to strike targets moving between one hill top and another in plain sight using jump jets are wasted because these missiles arc and adjust so slowly, even if they do have a good turn radius when the target is narced/tagged. The 160m/s missiles oddly group and land so poorly that even massive "land whales" like direwolves and warhawks can make it between cover locations IF THEY USE THEM, without concentrated hits from lrms. It takes narcing and tagging and techniques like firing, breaking lock and then reaquiring in order to get these missiles to dive and avoid cover - an aspect of actual adaption and skill that DOES exist in LRM usage. So they are not easy mode, when they are being used effectively the user takes alot of risks and needs support locks if they are going to hit any opponents even remotely using cover.

Lots of calls have come forth to rework LRMs and little change has come of it. Likely this is because at this point, with an inability to have dynamic maps the current LIMITED variety of maps in rotation, it is too easy to memorize maps and practice to exactly hit with missiles even without locks, regularly done by teams who train together extensively. Better LRMs would be even more OP under these static map conditions. Slower LRMs or further nerfing LRMs at this point would encourage their abandonment altogether, as has happened many times in the past. This could be seen in the introduction of CW, as the maps were new and not known/ranged, the direct fire was dominant - and numerous comments and calls for the CW maps to be made available for training grounds came forth.

As time passed and the number of CW matches under belts grew, lrms become more common, because the players have a better sense of the dead fire ranges and perches for missiles, sniping and the like. When dynamic battles are the norm, LRMs are not up to the task of realistic, effective use... at least not without a lot of team work. Once maps are memorized and the randomness is reduced some, then they make their appearance and grow to be OP. The calls for better cover and nerf OP Lurms grow, maps are revamped to give more cover etc., but it's all fairly predictable and stems from this issue of static, learnable, unchanging maps.

Edited by Mad Porthos, 26 February 2015 - 07:52 AM.

#55 FrDrake

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:02 AM

OP didn't get that WL/KDR in solo queue. OP has probably played group queue a bunch then tried to play this weekend in solo queue and has no idea what to do.

#56 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:04 AM

View PostFrDrake, on 26 February 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

OP didn't get that WL/KDR in solo queue. OP has probably played group queue a bunch then tried to play this weekend in solo queue and has no idea what to do.

allways played solo... and allways will

#57 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:16 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 26 February 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

allways played solo... and allways will

Leave your sex life out of it please, we're trying to discuss LRMs here.

#58 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 26 February 2015 - 08:16 AM, said:

Leave your sex life out of it please, we're trying to discuss LRMs here.

if u jerk off alone that doesnt mean i do

#59 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:21 AM

Why I stick to CW when pugging these days, you don't get stuck with 100 ton lurm boats on your team.

#60 -VooDoo-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 164 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:21 AM

Vandul is right on the mark here. As the caliber of play increases the LRM's seem to just go away. Higher level players don't really mess with them much cause they realize....other high level players can "usually" find a way to avoid them. My only complaint was that when you do have to deal with them...say in a never ending volley...they shake your screen so bad you can't defend yourself. Other than that...no biggie.

Raise ELO

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users