105 replies to this topic

#1 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:35 AM

Posted Image

Hello Free World League citizens!

As all you know, Davion have no power now to seriosly resist Liao and Marik.
We are tired from ghost- and pug-drops, so we have decided to make a corridor to DC and then to CSJ or CGB. But we have a ceasefire with Mariks. And Mariks have captured a lot of Liao northern planets.
Because all of this, we have made a proposition:

1. If main Marik's units do not mind, and if we become a chance to attack our norther planets - we will attack them, and Mariks should not prevent us from this.
2. We must not to attack any Mariks planets which are west and north-west from our capitol world SIan.
3. We will do this attacks until we reach DC space.
4. If we cut Mariks from Davions, after we reach DC, Mariks will allow to make a corridor to Davions throught our territory, and we will not prevent em. Even if for this corridor they will need our key planets like Liao and Tikonov.
5. This way we became an wormhole-island in the DC space, and can continue to deal with Kurita to make an invasion into Clan space.

I hope this is acceptable to everyone.

Liao discussion with some Marik's leaders is in this thread.
Same topic in Marik section is here.

And today we have began northern invasion from Davions planet Keifeng.

So i ask all Mariks head leaders to confirm this deal.

Edited by Gonta, 26 February 2015 - 08:37 AM.

#2 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for the proposal.

You shall hear from us on this topic, and we shall work together to help benefit House Liao.

#3 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:49 AM

Perhaps a good starting point would be the pre-4CW Confederation borders to determine limiters on the "Green Lane" going Clanwards. If we can figure out some way later to keep a Marik lane open into Davion, I'm also all for it. Davion is not peaceful. They have merely been beaten into a temporary state of relative calm- if by calm one considers trading planets repeatedly with Marik that.

#4 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

I'm in favor of this proposal. It'll be good to get the Capellans into the larger fight.

#5 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:58 AM

As far as cutting us off from Davion, this might be unavoidable. But I don't think this should sour too many pallets.

And as far as I am concerned, this should not break any NAP between Marik/Liao. But, if others oppose this, those are the words I want to see.

#6 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:59 AM

I'm curious about your wanting to go to DC space. Thought you guys were chums?

What I want to know is what are you plans once you get there?

So you get to DC space, what then? Are they going to give you an avenue north to the Clans? Because that worked out so well for us.

Edited by Roadbeer, 26 February 2015 - 09:11 AM.

#7 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

Maybe they just want some fights for a change, like us. HK may think there's endless fun to be had dropping in their defense queues against the Clans, but Marik can definitely appreciate how much the opposite is true.

In any case, the Widows are in a bit of an acting leadership changeup, but I think we're amenable to this. Will talk with Ili/Grave.

#8 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:21 AM

View PostCatamount, on 26 February 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

Maybe they just want some fights for a change

I don't see this as anything but pure intentions.

Roadbeer's comments are more about making sure we get this spelled out for everybody involved. We need to be adjustable and adaptable in situations that might be out of our control (ie: mercs), but if we get the details worked out, I think both factions can quickly adapt.

#9 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:25 AM

Mercs aren't my concern, we've always had the policy of "Fix it after they've gone" with Liao.

I just want to know what happens once they reach DC space.

#10 SunshineActual

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:26 AM

Why is it that everyone speaks of taking on the clans by attacking IS houses forcing them to move resources off of clan defense and offensive operations.

You cannot organize your 12 mans in defense of the northern fronts of Stiener, FRR, or DC? Or is that too hard a fight. Or is there not enough glory in the defense of the IS worlds?

Yes more glory to be had attempting to push through an IS House splitting their resources, personally avoiding the clan front where you could be defending, and making the clan push to Terra easier.

Any IS factions that stand in defense of any worlds against the clans I appreciate your efforts and I dont mean just the DC northern border. Have nice day gentlemen.

<B>

#11 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

#12 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:52 AM

Phew....this is why I want to keep the discussion for these terms here in the Liao threads. Things are just too hot elsewhere.

Before we move on, if other Liao members and leaders can throw their weight into this proposal, it would be recommended.

When I say Liao members.....I mean additional posts from the members of Liao. The guys with a green avatar of the arm holding a stabby thing.

#13 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostStingr4y, on 26 February 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

Phew....this is why I want to keep the discussion for these terms here in the Liao threads. Things are just too hot elsewhere.

Before we move on, if other Liao members and leaders can throw their weight into this proposal, it would be recommended.

When I say Liao members.....I mean additional posts from the members of Liao. The guys with a green avatar of the arm holding a stabby thing.

Actually it looks like its holding a saber or scimitar, so more of a slashy thing than a stabby thing.

#14 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostSunshineActual, on 26 February 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Why is it that everyone speaks of taking on the clans by attacking IS houses forcing them to move resources off of clan defense and offensive operations.

You cannot organize your 12 mans in defense of the northern fronts of Stiener, FRR, or DC? Or is that too hard a fight. Or is there not enough glory in the defense of the IS worlds?

Yes more glory to be had attempting to push through an IS House splitting their resources, personally avoiding the clan front where you could be defending, and making the clan push to Terra easier.

Any IS factions that stand in defense of any worlds against the clans I appreciate your efforts and I dont mean just the DC northern border. Have nice day gentlemen.

<B>

Because defending someone else's borders and seeing no appreciable difference in your own is, well, boring. That and the lack of attack options. A much more pragmatic, if lore-unfriendly solution, would have been to add clan attack corridors from multiple angles on IS space.

That said thanks but no thanks, shrek.

#15 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

We're listening, but aren't too concerned.

Some points I want to make.

#1 - The Wormhole thing doesn't work. Kurita / Marik relations have suffered for it.
#2 - We proposed a similar plan to Davion while we were trying to get the ceasefire going and TCAF would not respect that, causing the talks to go south.
#3 - Some of us are already fighting the clans on the DC and FRR borders as per the agreement with the nSL.
#4 - We won't do anything when we get to Kurita space except maybe try to get to Steiner / Clan space. We won't be attacking Kurita under any circumstance.
#5 - TCAF and the other solo / tiny unit Liao finally got bored of Dav ghost drops? HLGK got bored of that months ago.
#6 - What else needs to be said? We're on a path now, and unless some solidarity is shown beyond what HLGK has tried (and got spat upon for) doing I can't say we're up for trying to wrangle Liao warriors who only want to solo drop vs ghost turrets.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 26 February 2015 - 10:09 AM.

#16 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostStingr4y, on 26 February 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

There's been some discussion already here and here on the matter and TCAF have been the most active CCAF unit in CW in game if not in the political sphere. I think most pilots would support any move that would be seen as progressing the House Liao cause but that should not be at the expense of any existing agreements.

Edit: changed the text due to typo and well, map reset?

Edited by WaiMingLee, 26 February 2015 - 10:14 AM.

#17 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:09 AM

I am not sure this will work. The Marik wormhole became an issue eventually ... it would make more sense for PGI to have some sort of Logistics mechanism that allowed the IS Houses lanes into Clan space.

However what I do like his this

1. It is beta so ultimately who cares? Better to try crazy ideas out now than later.
2. You get to burrow through Davion space ... everyones favorite past time. Maybe HK could help by burrowing faster from our end?
3. If you get to us and the clans haven't already reached Terra, maybe we could have some fun battles?
4. I am realistic ... simply defending borders has got to be boring. I kinda like this experiment.

Just to be clear, when I say fun battles with Liao, I mean as in arranged fun ... not angry forum stomping type of fun.

Edited by CrockdaddyAoD, 26 February 2015 - 10:11 AM.

#18 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

Really, opening up lanes for the southern powers to the Clans isn't a horrible idea. The Clans don't attack each other, so have a huge advantage, especially when they can get one or more Clans attacking a single IS Faction.

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 26 February 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

I am not sure this will work. The Marik wormhole became an issue eventually ... it would make more sense for PGI to have some sort of Logistics mechanism that allowed the IS Houses lanes into Clan space.

However what I do like his this

1. It is beta so ultimately who cares? Better to try crazy ideas out now than later.

This is my thought. None of this matters outside of a "let's see what happens if..." kind of thing.

#19 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 26 February 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

Really, opening up lanes for the southern powers to the Clans isn't a horrible idea. The Clans don't attack each other, so have a huge advantage, especially when they can get one or more Clans attacking a single IS Faction.

This is my thought. None of this matters outside of a "let's see what happens if..." kind of thing.

Agree.

#20 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:29 AM

I'm not an authority for Steiner at all, but I could talk to the various leaders about maybe ignoring a Skye March pathway. I imagine that will hit a LOT of resistance with the Skye Rangers, however.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users