• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostBrawling Bear, on 12 January 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

Roadbeer, Stingr4y... we need to talk. I hope this post in this thread reaches you. Marik needs more generals sharing their opinion along with the high command and unit leadership. We also need to revitalize former Marik military strat. Before I say anymore, let's set a meeting. The FWLM has the talent to collectively analyze these events properly and set agreeable terms henceforth.

You appear lost....

#83 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:36 PM

I'm just going to say this once.

Looking forward to Phase 3 when folks can use their rudimentary skills of deduction and figure out which Unit is Loyalist and which is Merc.

There are some stand up Merc Units out there, respectable, A rating, and then there are some D ratings out there.
Certainly a tip of the hat to Apocalypse Lancers.

#84 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:19 PM

Or more importantly, which are the wannabe mercs that just want to cause trouble...

#85 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:33 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 14 January 2016 - 04:19 PM, said:

Or more importantly, which are the wannabe mercs that just want to cause trouble...

Think we can point a few fingers already judging from some of the other threads we have here ;)

#86 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:01 AM

This thread...

I haven't felt such a disturbance in the forums since.....

:::walks away ominously:::::

#87 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:33 PM

oh Kjudjoon.. please keep walking...please

#88 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:05 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 15 January 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

This thread...

I haven't felt such a disturbance in the forums since.....

:::walks away ominously:::::

Hey man, sry that hurt you, just wait for CW3 phase and Liao Marik friendship will be alive again, i promise

#89 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:29 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 15 January 2016 - 08:33 PM, said:

oh Kjudjoon.. please keep walking...please

LOL Spherical world, I'll be back. When you least expect it.

#90 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:44 AM

View PostGonta, on 16 January 2016 - 03:05 AM, said:

Hey man, sry that hurt you, just wait for CW3 phase and Liao Marik friendship will be alive again, i promise

Something hurt?

#91 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:12 AM

Yes, our heads after reading any of your posts.

#92 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:30 PM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 16 January 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

Yes, our heads after reading any of your posts.

Posted Image

And I know you don't mean it anyway.

#93 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:07 PM

I thought peace treaties only existed so that someone has the fun of breaking them :)

#94 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:52 PM

Nope. Lemme explain something here.

We're the smallest faction of the Inner Sphere Houses.

Numerically, this means we can basically hit one faction, or lose to two. It's why we had the no-aggression agreement with Marik, because otherwise we'd be a perpetual string of lost planets.

Which is what's happening now. Liao ended up with merc contracts hiring on to attack Marik by proxy that have zero loyalty to Confederation interests and basically exist to put us in precisely the situation we're in now.

A two-front war for a one-front faction, with our "reinforcements" off on new contracts sooner rather than later, sucking up precious PUGs that might have been regulars along with them and encouraging defections to "winners" like Marik and Davion. People we never wanted depriving the Confederation of the very people we can least afford to lose.

The peace treaty was so we -could- have fun. We fight Davion, Davion fights Liao, we don't end up drowned under the weight of our other neighbor while we do it. This rapidly goes into "not fun" range when you're simply losing two worlds a cycle and trust dissolves like salt into water, faction population drops and you end up in a faction that lives to be the punching bag of everyone nearby.

Until you leave. That's the road we're set on here.

Edited by wanderer, 18 January 2016 - 08:52 PM.

#95 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:10 AM

View Postwanderer, on 18 January 2016 - 08:52 PM, said:

Nope. Lemme explain something here.

We're the smallest faction of the Inner Sphere Houses.

Numerically, this means we can basically hit one faction, or lose to two. It's why we had the no-aggression agreement with Marik, because otherwise we'd be a perpetual string of lost planets.

Which is what's happening now. Liao ended up with merc contracts hiring on to attack Marik by proxy that have zero loyalty to Confederation interests and basically exist to put us in precisely the situation we're in now.

A two-front war for a one-front faction, with our "reinforcements" off on new contracts sooner rather than later, sucking up precious PUGs that might have been regulars along with them and encouraging defections to "winners" like Marik and Davion. People we never wanted depriving the Confederation of the very people we can least afford to lose.

The peace treaty was so we -could- have fun. We fight Davion, Davion fights Liao, we don't end up drowned under the weight of our other neighbor while we do it. This rapidly goes into "not fun" range when you're simply losing two worlds a cycle and trust dissolves like salt into water, faction population drops and you end up in a faction that lives to be the punching bag of everyone nearby.

Until you leave. That's the road we're set on here.

Nature of the beast though. Davion went through that for pretty much all of CW 2 and over half of CW1, plus the first part of CW3. For Davion it's 3 fronts, sometimes 2 is enough. Lose two or three worlds every cycle, no way to keep up. My recommendation is to just focus on one and expect to lose the other. Sometimes you'll flip depending on who you have the people to handle. You can lose 20, 30, 40 worlds and still have a lot left. Trust me, been down that road. Do your best to herd your pugs to the active front and try to feed the other ghost drops, hope they get bored and go away for a while so you can feel like you're treading water.

Happened to Kurita too.

FRR get obliterated every time so far.

Steiner lost like 60 worlds in CW2.

CSJ took a beating.

Clan Wolf doesn't have enough room to seat a large dinner party at this point.

CGB doesn't have room to put up a full service Arbys. Maybe a drivethru window on the back of the liquor store.

The only two factions that HAVEN'T been more gone than there are Marik and Liao.

Yep. Losing sucks. Getting hammered by all your neighbors is no fun. That's what CW is about though. Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down. Roll with the punches. You'll lose a bunch of people for a while; Davion did each time. Soon it's 75% pugs and you can't get enough loyalists to drop at once to fill a drop.

Said it since CW 1 - you need another option. Liao needs some viable option to work out quiet IS vs IS borders and still go make gains against the Clans. Liao is in a unique situation and it's a crappy one; you're the smallest faction, you've got big neighbors and no choice but to pick a fight with at least one of them. Any politics in your neighbors that don't involve them shooting each other is going to turn into Liao getting hammered harder than they can hit back.

#96 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:14 AM

Eh, putting roleplay aside I'm enjoying the current scenario.

Nobody plays Liao because they want to be a winner all the time. Thats for clanner tryhards and davion mary sues (ok NOW i'll put roleplay aside :D)

Liao is an underdog faction, always had been, always will. As such its important to not focus on the fact that we will invariably ground down by the sheer number of enemies arranged against us and just celebrate every small victory we achieve. Losing can be fun and I think its an important part of the Liao experience. Im sure its also why people play FRR.

In CW the Davions were pretty anaemic, apart from the occasional HHoD 12 man it was mostly PUGs lined up against us, sometimes they gave us a fun match but often it was a stomp as Liao PUGs by and large seem to be more competent then Davion PUGs.

The Marik thing has added new enemies to fight AND prodded Davion into dropping seriousely against us. Sure we're going to get wiped just through sheer volume of numbers, but we're never going to be short of matches until that happens and as someone whos here primarily to play video games that is not a bad thing at all.

I've barely dropped against clans at all recently, no need for it, and thats a great thing in my book.

Right, roleplay hat back on.

#97 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:35 AM

Um...Davion's dropping on us because there aren't any organized units to defend -left- anymore. They're all fighting Marik, because reasons.

Davion last night? HHoD vs. full PUGs, if my runs were any indication. I'd say I'm glad HHoD has found something they can beat, but the method of getting it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

#98 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:07 AM

Ya know I can take you generically bashing Davion with mistruth after mistruth... that's what Liao's do..they make crap up about their "mortal enemy" to make their lot in life seem more meaningful... That's fine. Call Davions Mary Sue all you want.. But with all due respect, "your runs" are zero indication of what HHoD has come up against on the liao front, and you just started throwing more personal jabs out there that I don't particularly appreciate or feel warranted.... We face TCAF, we face 4TCR, we face 69MG, RSRV and every other unit that carries liao tags.. and we have beat every last one of them quite frequently..Wanna start a screenshot war and see We didnt pick up 16 tags on your border from fighting liao pugs, Sir...If anyone has more pugs than any of the other factions on the map combined, it's certainly Davion..The liao pug population hardly makes a 12 man group on any given night. So who are you trying to feed this liao pug hooey to anyway ?? We are most commonly either waiting for one of the units to reengage, or we're pulling empty matches because you so often choose not to even defend your planets til after they are over 50% anyway, or you magically have somewhere else to be then your one front war....So kindly pull your head out of the sand (or wherever it's stuck), and RP davion hatred all you want, but I have never once disparaged your unit in such a manner, (not to mention I feel it totally inaccurate of you to say so...easy as it may be)..I'd appreciate the same courtesy. Thank you..

You can now go back to your current conspiracy theory, already in progress.

#99 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:08 AM

I was of course being facetious, but the above point is valid. Its no fun to play without opponents, multiple fronts means always finding a match. :)

#100 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:13 AM

Love the trash talk alyward, davions are good at talk. Will be lookin for you. Posted Image

Edited by Dr Tachyon, 19 January 2016 - 08:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users