Adder Event 80 Points

109 replies to this topic

#101 Necromonger Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:42 AM

This will be the most fun challenge ever. Pilots who understand the system will just go after each other in an epic brawl. Coward tactics will not help get points in this one.

#102 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:45 AM

Hm. Arma 3 or another nerve-wrecking event.
Let me think for a moment...

#103 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 26 February 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

But now what is going to happen and has happened before, will be people complaining Friday about this:

People who go into the match, spray every enemy, get one kill and then die. Quit match, start a new one. Rinse and repeat. Much faster to get the rewards, and makes for even worse game play than when the win is required.

If anyone wants to walk up to me and shut down I'll be more than happy to get you to your next match! ;)

#104 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:59 AM

I'd only shoot for 50 points personally... to get the chassis. That said, with my luck in single que, it would take at least 50 drops probably (with a average-decent run)... and last weekend I barely had the endurance to scape by 20. :D

Edited by Sylonce, 27 February 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#105 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostNecromonger Commander, on 27 February 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

This will be the most fun challenge ever. Pilots who understand the system will just go after each other in an epic brawl. Coward tactics will not help get points in this one.

No.. everyone will be extra reckless and try to go for the kill to their own detriment.

This is what farming is all about unfortunately.

#106 Uthael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:53 AM

View PostNecromonger Commander, on 27 February 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

View PostDeathlike, on 27 February 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

No.. everyone will be extra reckless and try to go for the kill to their own detriment. This is what farming is all about unfortunately.

Same point, different perspectives :P
Edit: they really need to change the pointing system so people from both of these perspectives feel good playing the game.

Edited by Uthael, 27 February 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#107 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:18 AM

The people who ruin the gameplay are the ones who are trying to rush through the challenge. Limit the reward to 1 point per 15 minutes, if you get an assist and a kill within the 15 minute window (could span multiple matches) you get a point. At its simplest it is simply pay for participation, the assist and kill requirement are going to ensure at least a minimal effort. Additionally it will allow CW players to fully participate even though their matches can go 30 minutes.

Of course it would take 20 hours minimum to earn 80 points, which is a ridiculous time commitment, so the total points would need to be reduced accordingly. Maybe mid tier prize at 5 hours (20 points) and the top tier prize at 10 hours (40 points).

#108 patataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 464 posts
  • LocationA Vindicator cockpit near you

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

This is challengrind... 80 points???

#109 LiquidLlama

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:47 PM

Man, in 173 drops I barely have over 50 (57) kills... many, MANY more assists...

... I suppose I can rest assured that I'm not going to get this one, either.

#110 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

time is way too short for so many matches, only those who glued themselves to the PC were able to get it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users