Pnt-10K Panther. Finally, A Light Mech I Actually Like.

BattleMechs

88 replies to this topic

#81 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

I find the Panther satisfies that desire to play like my mini Blackjack PPC poptart way back when, with even fewer people shooting at me as I pop up and down to get shots off.

I've tried the Vindicator and play it very much the same way. The only thing I hate about the Panther is how my shots seem to take an almost perverse pleasure in slamming into the ground rather than the big fat juicy targets.

#82 Darlith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 348 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

I like the 9R a lot as a mini wubverine, its fun to play and somewhat effective in my hands.
The 8Z I find okay with LL but runs too damn hot for me and the beam time is too long I feel.
The 10K I just...me and PPCs in general do not get along, especially not single ones. Runs too hot even with the single ERPPC it feels like,

I really need to play around with 8Z and 10K more, until I find builds that resonate more with me, the chassis as a whole is pretty fun though especially for someone who mostly pilots Mediums and Heavies and is gravitating more towards Mediums as time goes on.

#83 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

View PostDarlith, on 28 February 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

the chassis as a whole is pretty fun though especially for someone who mostly pilots Mediums and Heavies and is gravitating more towards Mediums as time goes on.

As a primarily light/medium pilot, I find the Panther to be an almost perfect mix of speed, protection, and firepower. Yes, it's a bit slower than a maxed-out Commando - but I run my Commandos at about 130 kph as well. No, it hasn't got the firepower of the heavier mediums, but that PPC feels enough like a "big gun" that it doesn't matter that much. And no, it's not got all *that* much armour, but it's got great hitboxes and can take a *lot* of punishment - especially if you're used to driving something with half that much armour!

I'm having a blast in these little 'mechs - and unless I do something stupid I usually end up with a top-3 match score, a couple of kills and half a dozen assists.

#84 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

I think I these are my least favorite light mechs in the game. It's like someone looked at a Spider and thought "What if we could make this mech slower and easier to hit?"

#85 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:17 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 01 March 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

I think I these are my least favorite light mechs in the game. It's like someone looked at a Spider and thought "What if we could make this mech slower and easier to hit?"

That's nice.

*reads OP*

Nope..don't see anywhere in the title "Finally a Light Mech Kaeb Odellas Will Like"..... ;)

#86 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

An odd R build that turned out to be remarkably resiliant.

#87 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 March 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

That's nice.

*reads OP*

Nope..don't see anywhere in the title "Finally a Light Mech Kaeb Odellas Will Like"..... ;)

Sorry, I assumed this was a thread for expressing opinions about the Panther, not the Panther Fan Club Circle-jerk thread.

#88 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 01 March 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Sorry, I assumed this was a thread for expressing opinions about the Panther, not the Panther Fan Club Circle-jerk thread.

well there you go making assumptions...gosh. Here I Go to all this time and trouble to gush like a Beleiber about my Panther...and people think it's all about them..... *SMH*

:D

#89 Meanmike1

Rookie

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 7 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:45 PM

I run my Panther with dual ER PPCs and I love it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users