Very Possible Fix To Cw.

12 replies to this topic

#1 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:06 AM

Hello Mr. DaFrog what can I do for you today ?
-I'd like to purchase some MCs to buy IS mechs for CW.

Very good sir, you understand that those will not be available for public queue and will not be customizable.
-Yes sweetie, I am confident that players wanting an END GAME in mwo will want to have gaming experiences with like minded players such as myself.

Here are your MCs sir, HF GL !

(Inside the client)

Welcome Sir, which faction would you choose; keep in mind some factions have very specific mech variants for CW that are not available to others, and some factions also have planets and territories that generate more revenues than others.

(after a few dozen games in CW)

Sir, your unit is on it's way to gain control of it's 50th planet, which will ensure a revenue of 10MCs/planet weekly. Should you decide to switch faction, leave your unit or break contract, you will lose that revenue.

And so on ...

Edited by DaFrog, 27 February 2015 - 07:08 AM.

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

Well...look at the current state of MWO and then tell me: Do you think PGI is able to make your (good) idea work? With top notch balance and such?

#3 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:51 AM

All we need is you to write that CODE and send it in to PGI to plug into MWO. Problem solved. ;)

View PostThorn Hallis, on 27 February 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

Well...look at the current state of MWO and then tell me: Do you think PGI is able to make your (good) idea work? With top notch balance and such?

The Ferry off the Island leaves in 20 minutes dude. Get on it already. :)

#4 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:01 AM

Well, someone is trying to come up with solutions. Some other people wrote code for Everquest and Diablo in the past...

At least people can't blame me for not looking for solutions. You're not telling me you don't like the idea, you are telling me you think PGI can't pull it off.

Edited by DaFrog, 27 February 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#5 Mangonel TwoSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:24 AM

It is interesting. I'd have to see the variants and builds before I got on board. Are you advocating turning CW into a stock only league basically?

I dont know about that. I do think planets should offer something, even if it is just a c-bill payout for each planet per day/week.

#6 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

First, there have been numerous posts and threads on how to make things in CW better. It is nothing new just check the hundreds of posts.

The premise that planets should mean something is something everyone who plays CW wants. But awarding MC for those planets is something I highly doubt PGI would do considering their business model. MC is how they make money, along with mech packages it is their only source of income. To suggest that players "HAVE" to spend MC in order to play CW is also very bad. It creates a Pay to Win scenario worse than what it currently is.

I'm sorry but faction specific mechs only in CW would create situations where PGI would not only have to try to balance Clan vs IS , but also IS vs IS . I think a better idea would be to make it that a player could only drop one of each weight class, which in the past PGI said they would not do.

View PostDaFrog, on 27 February 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

Well, someone is trying to come up with solutions. Some other people wrote code for Everquest and Diablo in the past...

At least people can't blame me for not looking for solutions. You're not telling me you don't like the idea, you are telling me you think PGI can't pull it off.

The name on planet for rewards system that you spoke of could very easily be exploited to the point where super units would be created to get paid to play MWO.

#7 12oz Jesus

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:46 PM

+1 OP. Good idea and I welcome more out-of-the-box thinking.

#8 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:00 PM

View PostRoknari, on 27 February 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

It is interesting. I'd have to see the variants and builds before I got on board. Are you advocating turning CW into a stock only league basically?

I dont know about that. I do think planets should offer something, even if it is just a c-bill payout for each planet per day/week.

Well the planets were, when CW was talked about by Bryan inhis power point and posts here afterwards, supposed to be giving us bonuses, be it cheaper weapons, mechs and other bounses. this hasn't happend

#9 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

Good ideas, OP.

#10 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

View PostRoknari, on 27 February 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

Well, the experts want CW to be COMPETITION WARFARE. So in competition there are rules. NASCAR: restrictor plate. NFL: PSI in foot balls... :-)

If you want to drive your hot rodded mech, go into public queue and carmaggeddon to your heart's content. If you want to reenact Tuukayyid, stick to stock, and approved variants. I am not making this up, read the Tuukkayiid scenario.

In real world, do you think the mechanics are hot rodding the Abrams to the drivers whim?!?

#11 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:20 AM

View PostDaFrog, on 01 March 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

Well, the experts want CW to be COMPETITION WARFARE. So in competition there are rules. NASCAR: restrictor plate. NFL: PSI in foot balls... :-)

If you want to drive your hot rodded mech, go into public queue and carmaggeddon to your heart's content. If you want to reenact Tuukayyid, stick to stock, and approved variants. I am not making this up, read the Tuukkayiid scenario.

In real world, do you think the mechanics are hot rodding the Abrams to the drivers whim?!?

Yeah, because then we would have so many people left playing IS...
Leave the freaking unbalanced TT stuff out of MWO, please. Kthxbai

Oh, and please educate yourself on multiplayer game systems and balance before you come up with such ridiculous bullshit.

#12 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:30 AM

My biggest qualm with CW is that there is literally no point to playing it. Your faction will never win since no faction is able to be destroyed and because there are no objectives that once taken will give you the victory.

#13 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:36 AM

View PostShredhead, on 01 March 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

Yeah, because then we would have so many people left playing IS...
Leave the freaking unbalanced TT stuff out of MWO, please. Kthxbai

Oh, and please educate yourself on multiplayer game systems and balance before you come up with such ridiculous bullshit.

instead of calling people names and being abusive, why don't you be productive and come up with solutions... Mine works, takes very little additional coding, and is more respectful of what actually takes place in the real world.

As to multi player gamin expertise. Forgive for not being a cyber nerd, but I do consider that an advantage. Mechwarrior is not for cyber nerds, it is supposed to be for people wanting to simulate driving a mech and shootin g at stuff, in a realistic context.

You are probably one of those who has invested several hundred dollars in this and would hate to see all your paid for mechs not being usable in CW. so there is a conflict of itnerest right then and there.

Edited by DaFrog, 01 March 2015 - 09:38 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users