Changing Merc Corp To Clan From Is Help

10 replies to this topic

#1 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:29 AM

Good morning all,

I would like some assistance please, unless there is already a guide or something to do this, if that is the case if someone could point me int he right direction.

I have posted before asking if it is possible to change your merc group from IS to clan and people have said that it is.

Problem is my merc group leader cannot figure out how to do it, and as I dont have the rights to do it myself there isnt that much I can do to help.

Firstly, just to confirm, it is possible to change to clan from IS right?

If so, does anyone know how you actually do this, or write a quick step by step guide?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

From the title, you are a member of a merc corp.

Refer your merc corp leader to come here.

To answer the questions
1) Yes.
2) Yes, and sure.

Now here are the following steps:
  • Step 1: Wait for your current contract to end.
    • Step 1-B: If you have a permanent contract, please proceed to bang your head on the wall, repeatedly. I'll wait. Trust me, you'll be doing this for a while. Especially when you see what it will cost you. Now go break the contract, and...you're banging your head against the wall again. Uh... I'll just be, um, over here... since it's gonna be 2 days minimum after you spent that those cbills before you can continue to step 2.
  • Step 2: Choose the faction you want. Sign up, and for the love of all that is holy... do not choose a permanent contract!
  • You're done!
Quick note: If you choose a Clan faction, those who do not own Clan mechs can NOT play CW with you until they get some.

#3 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:48 AM

View PostKoniving, on 28 February 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

Quick note: If you choose a Clan faction, those who do not own Clan mechs can NOT play CW with you until they get some.

Addendum: Unless you want them playing trial primes, that is. It's pretty rough. Trust me.

#4 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

Anyone know how much it costs to get out of the contract?

I am pretty sure we do not have a permanent contract as we have to renew it every now and then.

#5 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

can the leadership be transferred, otherwise our leader is gonna need screenies...

#6 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

Haven't looked in a while, but can't a leader give others permissions to change/renew contracts?

#7 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostHavyek, on 28 February 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

Haven't looked in a while, but can't a leader give others permissions to change/renew contracts?

Yes.

Technically I am the leader of my Merc Corps - but I shifted those permissions over to Gwilliy

Edit:
Technically we could both have it - but I rarely play CW, so... :rolleyes:

Edited by Shar Wolf, 28 February 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#8 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:25 AM

View PostHavyek, on 28 February 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

Yes indeed. I'm not the leader but I extended our unit contract the last 2 times.

#9 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:03 AM

It is 50.000 per day per member, so my unit of 72 members for 23 days had to pay 82.800.000 c-bills from our coffer to break contract.

#10 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:08 AM

I think the part that may be tripping him up is the scrolling effect you need to do in order to pick a clan faction. You can see most of the IS flags/factions when you go to select a contract but you have to click the far right one and they will scroll to center that faction. You will then be able to see some/all the clan factions. Simply click on one of the flags and select the length of the contract. It's not overly intuitive as I had to mess around for a second when I first went to pick a contract.

#11 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:36 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 01 March 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

I think the part that may be tripping him up is the scrolling effect you need to do in order to pick a clan faction. You can see most of the IS flags/factions when you go to select a contract but you have to click the far right one and they will scroll to center that faction. You will then be able to see some/all the clan factions. Simply click on one of the flags and select the length of the contract. It's not overly intuitive as I had to mess around for a second when I first went to pick a contract.

This is probably what it is. I'll make sure he looks at this thread when he next logs in, and thanks for all your replies so far.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users