(Event) Thanks, But No Thanks

50 replies to this topic

#41 Brimbooze

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:50 AM

The biggest problem with these challenges is they focus more on the kill aspect, which promotes selfish play, then the other aspects which promote team play.

Rather then getting points for having most damage done for a kill, someone else gets the point because they got the killing blow. Rather then getting points by trying to run around and NARC/Tag/Scout I have to focus on killing the guys as a light. Rather then being the mech leading a push in my brawler assaults to try and get a win I have to take builds which hang back and try and worry more about getting a kill then a win.

I'm tired of these challenges punishing me for getting 8+assists and top damage but no kills (between this and last weekends challenge I've earned the Bridesmaid title on two accounts). I'm tired of these events punishing me because I have a few awesome games in a row by throwing me into ELO hell kicking off a 5-10 game losing streak.

Why not make it so you need 3+ assists and a win? Or scouting assists? Most damage done/x components destroyed/savior kills/or any other number of the numerous metrics they track that help promote a team effort that works towards a win rather then the beserker rush just to get a kill and an assist?

#42 waterfowl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

this event blows

Kill requirement completely ruins it and makes people play like *******.

Why can't they just do it off match score?

#43 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostBrimbooze, on 28 February 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

The biggest problem with these challenges is they focus more on the kill aspect, which promotes selfish play, then the other aspects which promote team play.
</p>But that's the problem. As I said before: the game is actual pretty shallow and the contest shows that. There is not much more than a kind of arena deathmatch. Objectives are secondary - at best. On top of that not even well implemented.

Edited by Bush Hopper, 28 February 2015 - 12:21 PM.

#44 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:35 PM

That's why I only pug in CW these days. Sure I won't finish the challenge but after reading this thread I really don't care.

#45 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for the opinions. You realize PGI doesn't care what you have to say right? They don't even read these forums. You have to be on Twitter or Reddit.

#46 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

Here's an idea for a challenge: beat your personal best (matchscore since you started playing)

beat it once = premium time
Beat it again = free mech + mechbay
Beat it a third time = camo unlock + cockpit item

It would be a real challenge to try and do better than ever before, it would not be a grind, and you would be playing against your own past performance so it automatically scales to suit each player. It would also reward self improvement and training to become better in order to beat your old score each new challenge weekend.

Thoughts?

Edited by Sjorpha, 28 February 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#47 ThrashInc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 248 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

I doubt I'll ever get 223 match score again.

#48 MysticLink

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 28 February 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

Here's an idea for a challenge: beat your personal best (matchscore since you started playing)

It would be a real challenge to try and do better than ever before, it would not be a grind, and you would be playing against your own past performance so it automatically scales to suit each player. It would also reward self improvement and training to become better in order to beat your old score each new challenge weekend.

Thoughts?

Everyone had one of those games that just don't come again.

#49 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:55 PM

I m near 60...

And i ll stop at 60...i just want the mech and the color lol

View PostSjorpha, on 28 February 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

Thoughts?

Well did 3 times 8 kills and once 10 kills....guess that wont happen in a long time :/

Edited by Augustus Martelus II, 28 February 2015 - 05:55 PM.

#50 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

I must say this event is the worst one. Players are just disconnecting after getting one kill and assist.

#51 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

It's just a silly number of games you have to play is the issue. 50 games minimum if you score a point every single time, in the space of 72 hours.

Removing the win requirement made it easier to get a point, but jacking it up to 50 then is crazy. I was still having fun at 20, 30 was getting tiring, now I'm at 35 and I don't think I'm going to play for a while once I finish this one.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users