The Adder Promo Is Ill Conceived And Has Brought Out The Worst In The Mwo Community

69 replies to this topic

#61 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

View Posttrtw, on 28 February 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

I can not agree with the OP. In the games I have been playing I have seen just as many teams sharing kills as I have seen someone YOLOing on a suicide kill run.

I have yet to see TKing over kills, people ranting on VOIP or chat......... and I have played enough to get 45 points so far.

How am I immune to this behavior that everyone deems as being so common?

Lucky?

I've been TKed twice today and had my S_)_ blown off multiple times. After a while, it's a pleasure to be killed by my enemy. Makes for a nice change of pace.

#62 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:00 PM

View PostParnage, on 01 March 2015 - 12:51 AM, said:

And here I am just mastering mechs and I've had no problems. I've gotten my Adder, a mech that was next on my list so it works out nicely for me. I mean it's either "this challenge is too easy stop catering to casuals" or "this challenge is too difficult people have lives!1."

One way or another people going to complain, just relax and enjoy yourselves, these are not mandatory. They are just weekend fun events to get you to play if you want for some rewards and generally the first tier for premium time is easy to get so no one should walk away with nothing.

Also, anyone else find it hilarious to be accused of having no life if you choose to play on the weekends? I mean, **** me for wanting to enjoy my weekend with giant robots. "Oh god you spent seven hours this weekend playing Mechwarrior instead of something I consider more time worthy. Now excuse me as I continue to play the same game."

It's not the "stuff". It's what people do to each other in pursuit of the "stuff".

I think they should either relax the requirements or do a "login and play for 4 hours and get a free mechbay and mech."

Why? Because gameplay goes in the toilet for entire weekends and this is, to a great degree, entertainment for me. Except on these challenge weekends.

You would certainly see a whole lot more people trying out the new mechs and then <omg no!> buying MORE stuff from PGI. Which of course runs counter to running a business.

#63 Schrottfrosch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:02 PM

got adder and sold it (after unequipping the weapons and stuff) - thanks!

#64 SkyHammyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:45 PM

The fact of the matter is- People will complain no matter what you do.
It's too hard or it's too easy; Too many LRMs or too much ECM; Too much poptarting or too weak JJs; Too much KSing or too much cowardice; Too much grind or too little to do.
It goes on and on.

If there was a Challenge that made everyone happy- then somebody would complain about not being able to complain about it.

#65 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 28 February 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

Nope.
In that one with survival requirement, teamplay was mandatory.
Best event ever.

BUT higher QQ thread peak ever, too.

('cause it was difficult. And it seems that people likes easy brainless activities)

No, people QQ'd because they got sick of playing games where they got 2 or more kills and 400+ damage... only to see half the team play like potatoes and throw away the win. This game already pays squat for losses - because of "teamwork," which somehow punishes you for other people's failures - so there was no need to make the challenge follow the same annoying system.

Getting a good game score is not "brainless" or "easy" - but the brainless can easily ruin it for you, regardless of your own performance.

#66 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:18 PM

View PostMech Merc, on 28 February 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

I've been part of MWO since the early beta and I've never seen a promo cause such poor gameplay as this one.

Is it really the weekend challenge's fault, or it is the quality of the current player base? :ph34r:

#67 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:50 PM

View Postoldradagast, on 01 March 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

No, people QQ'd because they got sick of playing games where they got 2 or more kills and 400+ damage... only to see half the team play like potatoes and throw away the win. This game already pays squat for losses - because of "teamwork," which somehow punishes you for other people's failures - so there was no need to make the challenge follow the same annoying system.

Getting a good game score is not "brainless" or "easy" - but the brainless can easily ruin it for you, regardless of your own performance.

I can understand this, of course.
But one of the pillar since mw2, is that victory and loss are referred to the team, not upon personal skills
So, one corollary to this pillar is: if you want a good play experience, you must join a team/group/unit.

PUGames are what they are, and if a player drops in it, he must already know what may happen, so, yes, you can lose challenge points because of this.

#68 McMatt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:57 PM

Most damage done should be counted as kill. So there won't be problem for kill stealing. And a bit easier to come to that much points.

#69 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

View PostMystere, on 01 March 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

Is it really the weekend challenge's fault, or it is the quality of the current player base? :ph34r:

...Really? People are going to do whatever most benefits them. If the system is set up to provide more benefit for bad behavior than for good, then most people will behave badly.

#70 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

View PostMystere, on 01 March 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

View PostBloodweaver, on 02 March 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

...Really? People are going to do whatever most benefits them. If the system is set up to provide more benefit for bad behavior than for good, then most people will behave badly.

Thank you for providing a very clear and honest answer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users