#41 Necromantion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

View PostBashfulsalamander, on 02 March 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

It probably has something to do with the wrong spelling of the mech variant acronyms... and wrong mechs.......

So I called the 5SS the 9SS big deal? The mech name acronyms were correct and if so please tell me what mechs are correct then.

#42 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

View PostNecromantion, on 02 March 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

Sorry did I forget jenners from your light rushes? Is that why youre upset?

I hope you are not including the Jenner in your list of IS advantages. That thing is all CT.

#43 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostBashfulsalamander, on 02 March 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Oh and light hit reg is not messed up your aim is probably just bad. i play with lights frequently and have noticed nothing of the sort. if there is a problem it is probably your skill or internet connection.. dang lag
Also revise your loadouts those are not very CW like

I have no issues hitting lights however getting hit reg with 40 point pulse laser alphas on a spider running directly at or away from me where the whole duration is into one leg and seeing it only turn to orange armor (if that) is questionable. Also I run about 40-50 ping, not the same as when I lived closer to the servers averaging about 9-25 but still.

Also if you dont think those loadouts are very "CW like" you are seriously ********. So youre saying the large laser meta that any competitive teams who are currently IS are running and having no issues with is not a viable build? Sure on the QKD-4K You can run 4 LLas if you want too but it runs a lot hotter and then you cant get the mobility with the larger engine by dropping one for some mediums.

View PostDavers, on 02 March 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

I hope you are not including the Jenner in your list of IS advantages. That thing is all CT.

Was sarcasm since it was an NKVA member and all they know how to do successfully is light rush attacks.

Edited by Necromantion, 02 March 2015 - 11:56 AM.

#44 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Locationnot looking at forums

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostNecromantion, on 02 March 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

So I called the 5SS the 9SS big deal? The mech name acronyms were correct and if so please tell me what mechs are correct then.

ok...
thunder bolt 5ss with 4 ERLL and modules
battlemaster 1s with 4 ERLL and modules
dragon 1n with dual ac5 with other weapons of choice and modules
raven huggin srms and JJ's
spider 5d with ecm coverage and 3 m-pulse
atlas ddc for big stompy robot with ecm
(i like all wolverines except the 7k for counter attack)

#45 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

View PostNecromantion, on 02 March 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

Was sarcasm since it was an NKVA member and all they know how to do successfully is light rush attacks.

As Dear Coordinator Says, "Scoreboard..."

#46 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:00 PM

View PostNecromantion, on 02 March 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

I have no issues hitting lights however getting hit reg with 40 point pulse laser alphas on a spider running directly at or away from me where the whole duration is into one leg and seeing it only turn to orange armor (if that) is questionable. Also I run about 40-50 ping, not the same as when I lived closer to the servers averaging about 9-25 but still.

Also if you dont think those loadouts are very "CW like" you are seriously ********. So youre saying the large laser meta that any competitive teams who are currently IS are running and having no issues with is not a viable build? Sure on the QKD-4K You can run 4 LLas if you want too but it runs a lot hotter and then you cant get the mobility with the larger engine by dropping one for some mediums.

and all you davions know how to do is whine...... guess you guys are not even good enough to light rush......
DIE CLANNER

#47 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

View PostNecromantion, on 02 March 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

Why would it be a joke?

Firestarters are the best light mech in game for damage and any skilled pilot in one should be able to do 600-1000 dmg in one.

Spiders still have broken hitboxes when moving at high speeds

Dual gauss is a great build for attrition and pinpoint damage.

The 9SS 7MPuls or 3-4 ERLlas is an amazing mech with little heat and high alpha abilities for either long range or brawling with the extended range on mpulse

The 4N with 6LLas fired in groups of 2 and 3 is a fantastic mech due to the change of IS large laser heat quirks

The 9SE is a great mech with 3 large pulse

The QKD-4K Is great with 3Llas 3Mlas and a massive engine and jumpjets making it more mobile than a timberwolf.

Time you learnt to use quirks and modules if you think any of those mechs I listed are bad. Or perhaps the fact that you dont think those mechs have these strengths is the core of your problem.

I'm assuming it's a joke because you list a few bright spots for IS and seem to think that equates to balance. A few specific loadouts when played in the right scenario perform up to par with clan counterparts. On balance and holding skills and coordination equal, 12 Clan mechs > 12 IS mechs. And this is more the case since the most recent nerf of the TDR-9S and TDR-5SS and will become even more so once clan quirks come into play. Why clan mechs need quirks I have no idea - surely the point of having quirks on IS mechs was to try to make things at least reasonably balanced because they wouldn't do 10 clan v 12 IS.

Anyway, no. Clan mechs have enough advantages without having to complain about light rushes which only really work when clans have guessed wrong (i.e. not a streak fest) or aren't very good or coordinated.

Edited by Musashi Alexander, 02 March 2015 - 12:04 PM.

#48 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostBashfulsalamander, on 02 March 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

ok...
thunder bolt 5ss with 4 ERLL and modules
battlemaster 1s with 4 ERLL and modules
dragon 1n with dual ac5 with other weapons of choice and modules
raven huggin srms and JJ's
spider 5d with ecm coverage and 3 m-pulse
atlas ddc for big stompy robot with ecm
(i like all wolverines except the 7k for counter attack)

I listed the 5ss with 4ERLlas

Battlemaster is inferior to the stalker 4N or Misery

Wolverine 7K and Dragon I didnt include because at least in our unit when we see those things we shoot the arm off asap, its a very obvious weakness since to effectively damage they always have to expose that arm. 2-3 alphas into it and its gone and they are left with 0-2 underpowered backup weps.

I listed the spider.

Yes huggin indeed and even the X5 after their recent buffs.

DDC is a bit of a contextual thing just like the 3M Cicaida, if you need the ECM yes its a great utility but hampers a teams mobility due to being forced to run standard engines to be viable which make any that have a decent weapons loadout extremely slow and cumbersome and easy targets for long range engagements. Good on sulferous, not so much on boreal or hellbore or whatever its called.. If your team is running full assault waves sure, i guess since a lot of IS teams seem to be running 2 Light, 2 Assault decks then sure.

The 5SS didnt get nerfed at all.

Also we have listed about 10 or more mechs that are competitive for IS where there are 3 Clan variants that are solid and the rest are either too slow, suffer from ridiculous heat issues (not that all clan weapons arent already hotter than their IS counterparts) or have atrocious hitboxes or a combination of all 3.

View Posthopterque, on 02 March 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

As Dear Coordinator Says, "Scoreboard..."

Cant see a scoreboard vs us when you run off to the opposite front and even have orders on your faction TS to not engage davion.

Edited by Necromantion, 02 March 2015 - 12:06 PM.

#49 Minimum Viable Kieransky

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 March 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

Have beaten light rush plenty of times.

If you have beaten it plenty of times why are you still arguing about it being broken? Light rushes are a tactic used against unskilled opponents, to beat them quickly. No team worth its salt should have trouble with light rushes, as was mentioned earlier, both NS and NKVA have defended against triple light wave rushes on CW. Mischief, I know you are mentally diseased, and will use anything as an excuse, but this has nothing to do with hit reg, nothing to do with the engine when there are lots of light mechs. You can't aim, you can't fight, and you can't win. You're bad at the game. You can (and will) write 500,000 more words on this tiny forum, but you will never be better at the game for it.

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 March 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

This isn't a mystery, it just pays poorly and is boring after a few hundred drops. There is not some skill parity level where light rush is LRM caliber bad though. It takes a significant skill disparity to shut a light rush down. That is why it works.

Quoting this post because Mischief is admitting he does not have the skill to defend against a light rush.

#50 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:18 PM

View PostNecromantion, on 02 March 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

I listed the 5ss with 4ERLlas

Battlemaster is inferior to the stalker 4N or Misery

Wolverine 7K and Dragon I didnt include because at least in our unit when we see those things we shoot the arm off asap, its a very obvious weakness since to effectively damage they always have to expose that arm. 2-3 alphas into it and its gone and they are left with 0-2 underpowered backup weps.

I listed the spider.

Yes huggin indeed and even the X5 after their recent buffs.

DDC is a bit of a contextual thing just like the 3M Cicaida, if you need the ECM yes its a great utility but hampers a teams mobility due to being forced to run standard engines to be viable which make any that have a decent weapons loadout extremely slow and cumbersome and easy targets for long range engagements. Good on sulferous, not so much on boreal or hellbore or whatever its called.. If your team is running full assault waves sure, i guess since a lot of IS teams seem to be running 2 Light, 2 Assault decks then sure.

The 5SS didnt get nerfed at all.

Also we have listed about 10 or more mechs that are competitive for IS where there are 3 Clan variants that are solid and the rest are either too slow, suffer from ridiculous heat issues (not that all clan weapons arent already hotter than their IS counterparts) or have atrocious hitboxes or a combination of all 3.

Cant see a scoreboard vs us when you run off to the opposite front and even have orders on your faction TS to not engage davion.

i suggest you take a look at your quirks man.... the battlemaster has same range as the thunderbolt 5SS, which both have more energy range then the stalker4N, misery, or stalker 3H.

Also you didnt say dragons because your "unit" does not consider them a threat because of their easy to hit arm? thats gotta be a joke and if not better hope i never find you in CW... because i will make you cry with 1 arm.

Edited by Bashfulsalamander, 02 March 2015 - 12:21 PM.

#51 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:18 PM

View PostKieranator, on 02 March 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

Quoting this post because Mischief is admitting he does not have the skill to defend against a light rush.

To effectively counter a light rush as Clan is indeed easier than as IS vs IS. Streaks are a great counter but so are pinpoint builds with Gauss/AC20 and pulse lasers as IS however the latter requires more skill than streaks for sure.

To be fair some maps are harder to defend against light rushes than others, sulfurous due to the layout of the map is undoubtely harder to defend against a well coordinated pronged light rush than other maps due to the amount of cover afforded by the infrastructure and topography.

#52 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostNecromantion, on 02 March 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

Dear Coordinator Says, "Nothing Stinks Like A Bad Excuse"

Maybe you should try putting up a fight, next time, and we'll bother to step down from our lofty heights and acknowledge you as "kind of ok, maybe"

Edited by hopterque, 02 March 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#53 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:24 PM

View PostBashfulsalamander, on 02 March 2015 - 12:18 PM, said:

i suggest you take a look at your quirks man.... the battlemaster has same range as the thunderbolt 5SS, which both have more energy range then the stalker4N, misery, or stalker 3N.

Also you didnt say dragons because your "unit" does not consider them a threat because of their easy to hit arm? thats gotta be a joke and if not better hope i never find you in CW... because i will make you cry with 1 arm.

Fair point on the 1S (Edit), though your calling all of the variants I listed as bad is a tad ironic since youve done nothing to say anything that I listed was not meeting current IS meta for strong builds.

It isnt that they arent a threat, it is that their weakness is losing that arm which makes them a lot easier to disarm (see what i did there?) rather than all the other mechs that have asymmetrical hardpoint layouts. Regarding your dragon sure thing Id love to run into you, see whos crying when you lose your weapon arm in the first few moments of heated fighting. Rather than having to put 80 points of damage into a heavy or assaults shoulder or more into its CT to render it ineffective I just have to put 60 into your weapon arm and you become a mere annoyance or wholly ineffective!

Edited by Necromantion, 02 March 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#54 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:25 PM

wait so you have been in our team speak..... HAVE YOU NO HONOR?

Edited by Bashfulsalamander, 02 March 2015 - 12:25 PM.

#55 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:25 PM

I mean as it stands now we beat MS faster than we have any other group, period, in the entire game, including pug drops, so I guess I can understand them being upset at being shown up as Frauds.

#56 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 March 2015 - 06:24 AM, said:

Love that one. Ppcs were awesome too at the height of the ds poptart meta. Then it was "don't stand in the open".

If a mechanic is broken, not exploiting it puts you at a disadvantage. We all get that. Pretending that it's somehow a tough or high skill thing isn't fooling anyone.

He seems to think he can out shoot HSR issues....

Its broken and 90% of the peeps in this game know it. I'm sure this guy knows its but if he admits it he has to take a hit to his ego and that is something most epeeners cannot handle.

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 02 March 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

I'm assuming it's a joke because you list a few bright spots for IS and seem to think that equates to balance. A few specific loadouts when played in the right scenario perform up to par with clan counterparts. On balance and holding skills and coordination equal, 12 Clan mechs > 12 IS mechs. And this is more the case since the most recent nerf of the TDR-9S and TDR-5SS and will become even more so once clan quirks come into play. Why clan mechs need quirks I have no idea - surely the point of having quirks on IS mechs was to try to make things at least reasonably balanced because they wouldn't do 10 clan v 12 IS.

Anyway, no. Clan mechs have enough advantages without having to complain about light rushes which only really work when clans have guessed wrong (i.e. not a streak fest) or aren't very good or coordinated.

Its not that they WOULDN'T DO 10V12...its that THEY CANT!

Russ stated this more times they i care to count...its would be a redo of the MM and could result in downtime in the game. Something NO BUSINESS will let happen. Every IS pilot acts like they pissed in there cheerios and then threw it on you. All they said was that was a lot more work then quirks. Get your facts straight....

Edited by DarthRevis, 02 March 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#57 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 02 March 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

He seems to think he can out shoot HSR issues....

It's weird, we beat light rushes literally all the time. Are you saying we're better than everyone else? I mean, how does that clash with the often voiced opinion that we only win because we light rush?

Can flamers really melt endo-steel beams? These are important questions.

#58 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostNecromantion, on 02 March 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Fair point on the 1G, though your calling all of the variants I listed as bad is a tad ironic since youve done nothing to say anything that I listed was not meeting current IS meta for strong builds.

It isnt that they arent a threat, it is that their weakness is losing that arm which makes them a lot easier to disarm (see what i did there?) rather than all the other mechs that have asymmetrical hardpoint layouts. Regarding your dragon sure thing Id love to run into you, see whos crying when you lose your weapon arm in the first few moments of heated fighting. Rather than having to put 80 points of damage into a heavy or assaults shoulder or more into its CT to render it ineffective I just have to put 60 into your weapon arm and you become a mere annoyance or wholly ineffective!

When did i say 1G?

Any ways your stalker do not meet the current CW meta their range is less then the battlemaster and thenderbolt by at least 10%. I never said they where bad, but you did say that the stalker out did the battlemaser, which it does not.

Also im sure when you fight pug dragons its easy to take that arm off, but i actually torso twist and move with a team.

#59 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostBashfulsalamander, on 02 March 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

wait so you have been in our team speak..... HAVE YOU NO HONOR?

Honor? I find it ironic that the largest group of trolls who can only guarantee themselves some winning record via using a strategy that takes a handful of brain cells to execute and even a semi organized pug drop could do is upset that we know you have been intentionally avoiding us for easier pickings.

View Posthopterque, on 02 March 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

I mean as it stands now we beat MS faster than we have any other group, period, in the entire game, including pug drops, so I guess I can understand them being upset at being shown up as Frauds.

You would have to play us to beat us. You refuse to which is a humorous way to go about giving us a complement. o7

#60 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

There are two very effective methods of defeating the kuritan light rush:

As Clans: stack your deck with meta streak builds, mdds and scrs are effective.

As IS: be part of a merc super unit that can drop several 12 mans on a planet, and they won't even engage you in PvP, as their forces will be fleeing to the border with the most pug drops.

These effective methods will achieve victory.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users