Mechs announced yet: all the VARIANTS.

34 replies to this topic

#21 miscreant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 823 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

That's what I thought, but those were my favorite mechs...

#22 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

I think the C1 variant of the Commando might make an appearance, It was introduced in 3020 according to the Master Unit list.
It drops the SRM's for an AC 2. But i haven't seen it in any videos so far so maybe not.

Here is a link to the Master Unit list. http://www.masteruni...info/MUL/Search

#23 England Christifori

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationStratford

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

I sort of wish this would make it out of the forums and onto their website under the 'Game' heading. It lists faction and gives a load of information about each, but no where does it sum up every mech yet in the game on the main site.

#24 Saren21

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostEngland Christifori, on 02 July 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

I sort of wish this would make it out of the forums and onto their website under the 'Game' heading. It lists faction and gives a load of information about each, but no where does it sum up every mech yet in the game on the main site.

yes that would be awesome but i feel if they really wanted to know about the game they would be reading/trolling the forums anyhow. I think most non-forum readers would just see it as a wall of txt that they don't feel they need to read. alot of folks have just will drop the "i'll work it out in game card" then only come on to the forums to ***** about how they can't get any thing or how the game is to complex simpley becuase they did not take the time to read the forums or game faqs.

#25 Maecker

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMontreal, QC - Canada

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostSaren21, on 01 July 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

This game takes place before the clan invade. so no Timberpuppys or mad kittens.

Not at first, but it just take place roughly one year before the invasion and for each day that passes in rl one passes in the game universe. So we can expect to see clan mech soon enough.

#26 Name48928

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCoMo

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

I think we've got two different definitions of the word "variant" floating around.

Mech variants in the BT/MW universe, like those in the OP's post (very nice, btw), are base chassis with different weapons/armour/etc.

MWO variants seem to be mechs with different hardpoints that allow different types or numbers of weapons to be installed.

The difference is that many of the universe variants in the OP can be made with one MWO variant chassis in game.

So, yes, there are dozens of mech variants in the MW/BT universe, but you won't need to buy dozens of MWO variants to build them all. The only MWO variants you will need are if the weapon types or numbers are different.

#27 Schtirlitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

Thanks for gathering all mentioned variants.

#28 England Christifori

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationStratford

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostSaren21, on 02 July 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

yes that would be awesome but i feel if they really wanted to know about the game they would be reading/trolling the forums anyhow. I think most non-forum readers would just see it as a wall of txt that they don't feel they need to read. alot of folks have just will drop the "i'll work it out in game card" then only come on to the forums to ***** about how they can't get any thing or how the game is to complex simpley becuase they did not take the time to read the forums or game faqs.

I just don't see why they wouldn't. I see it as an opportunity to try and draw people to this product. People aren't going to spend hours reading or browsing the forums looking for release information, they should but most likely wont. There is no such thing as too much official information in one easy to access tab.

Its fine if they don't want a wall of text for people to read and understand. But unless you are willing to go back and check out all the announcement messages to figure out what exactly has been released you would have no idea of what mechs they are planning on putting in game so far. It doesn't have to be a wall of text either, it could be picture of the mech and its name at its simplest.

#29 Cole Christensen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOsan AB

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Great job gathering all this information; I hope to actually see them all in-game.

#30 Shoklar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostMaecker, on 02 July 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

Not at first, but it just take place roughly one year before the invasion and for each day that passes in rl one passes in the game universe. So we can expect to see clan mech soon enough.

Oh good...maybe I won't have to wait 6 rl years for my Stone Rhino :)

#31 sng ign

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

Yoinked [face_dancing]

#32 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

Updates are made!

#33 Dizazter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 106 posts
  • LocationOn Your 6

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Better add in the Spider now. ;)

#34 Terin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationKalidasa, FWL

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

Awesome Thread.

#35 Kalakzak

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

I just want my Marauder II.

Yeah I know not going to happen but that was my all time favorite Mech from way back when (in the days when I obsessed over the boardgame).

I am, in all seriousness, pleased with what they have introduced thus far and hope to see most if not all the BattleMechs make it into the game at some point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users