34 replies to this topic

#1 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:58 PM

Original thread here:

I thought it would be good to have a feedback thread for the roadmap for those niggling questions that players might have.

So peoples, ask away.

WB:
- Will the March updates include fixes to FPS drops experience in the last CW map?
- Are the release dates for items below the date or above? In otherwords, the post is laid out a bit confusing, maybe just one heading for each patch? lolz.
- Can we get preview info on the mechs getting quirks?
- Is there any progress on removing invisible walls - I remember seeing something about this on reddit. Some of them on HPG are awful and Tourmaline.. ..those magic crystals!

On a side note, VERY pleased to finally have a visualisation pass for the long overdue Phract and Jager & new mechlab in April? Sweet!! Do we get a sneak peek??? Pretty please! :P

Cheers

Bear.

Edited by White Bear 84, 02 March 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

I was expecting the next quirks group to be tomorrow instead of the 17th...oh well. Hopefully this time gets used to refine them to better values for balance sake...

#3 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

The recent steady, solid pace continues. I haven't loved every detail, but the steady pace of progress and content is a wonderful thing. Keep it up, PGI.

#4 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

I am very anxious to learn which Clan mechs are getting quirked this time.
Please please let the Adder be one of them. :(

#5 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

Lets See

Voip improvements, was needed, hope it helps.

Bug fixes, CTD, Torso spin and Mining collective - about time for the CTD ones. the other 2 have been 1 month - that's okay the CTD has been 1 year, should have been a higher priority ages ago.

new champion - meh not going to compete against Clan mk 3, no help

Tonnage IS vs Clans - helps a bit for CW and a nice small step instead of a giant leap, props to PGI for an adjustment that doesn't nurf anything and as 3-4 months to confirm balance before clan mk 3 pack.

Significant other bug fixes / polished items. bug fixes yay, polished items I hope = "terrain hitbox fixes on maps over 1 year old"

new map = Yay, nice to see regular improvements - Questionable if they used the same terrain samples from Tourmaline map. new map = good, same old borked hitboxes would = bad.

17th Patch
resistance pack 3 = meh, been expecting it, good to get confirmation on it

clan skins - meh, hope it brings some extra cash for PGI, but nothing I personally care about.

Quirk passes for 4 IS mechs and 4 clan mechs. unless these are negative quirk passes for Stormcros / Timberwolf / Hellbringer and Direwolf (which I highly doubt) all this will do is improve clan playability whilst maintaining 95% of IS mechs at tier 2-3-4 (EG address the big 4, or don't bother. once the big 4 are brought down a level then quirk others including clan mechs that need it)

Mechlab visual pass - good job, long overdue - maybe try to set a goal of 2 mechs each month for something like this. nothing game changing but a "Good news story"

Overall the patch on the 3rd seems more interesting to me than the 17th.

Edited by Zfailboat, 02 March 2015 - 05:39 PM.

#6 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

View Postarmyunit, on 02 March 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

I am very anxious to learn which Clan mechs are getting quirked this time.
Please please let the Adder be one of them. :(

It would be ironic, given that they recently gave out Pumas to people who grinded out the weekend challenge...

#7 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:19 PM

Remind me what CTD stands for... I'm not 'in' all the loops.

New mechlab. Sounds nice, we'll see how that works out.

4 Clan mechs quirked? I'll guess nova, adder, ice ferret, gargoyle.

Mech visual patches.. Was hoping a catapult redo (for missile pods... poor A1) and dragons (might just be 1N and Fang that don't have the new weapon switching models on the arms.

#8 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:25 PM

CTD = Crash To Desktop.

#9 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:41 PM

I'm trying to figure what the Retrofitting of custom skins (not faction) to the wave 1 and 2 mechs I mean most of the skins are options for them anyways. like does it mean they are getting whole new set of skins or daheck.

#10 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

March and April are making it start to look like a lot of us thought it would look when the game officially left beta (and subsequently our hopes and dreams slowly died when we realized it wouldn't be like that).

One can hope (as long as you aren't married to that hope).

#11 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

View PostFupDup, on 02 March 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

I was expecting the next quirks group to be tomorrow instead of the 17th...oh well. Hopefully this time gets used to refine them to better values for balance sake...

But... they can't take away the Summoner-C's ballistic arm heat reduction quirk???!!?!?! :(

;)

#12 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:46 PM

Yay performance and bug fixes!

#13 TyphonCh

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:48 PM

Sounds really good... They've been listening. I may have to a la carte that Cauldron Born after all :)
In my opinion they should keep that rotation of patches. Attempt any polishing/bug fixes, and light on content on the first patch of the month, and then a more content heavy patch later in the month. I think it would keep up on potential issues that arise, and then are ignored/forgotten until enough people complain. Eg; Mining Collective freezing

Edited by Team Chevy86, 02 March 2015 - 06:51 PM.

#14 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:55 PM

"Tonnage IS vs Clans - helps a bit for CW and a nice small step instead of a giant leap, props to PGI for an adjustment that doesn't nurf anything and as 3-4 months to confirm balance before clan mk 3 pack"

This was smart move - you will never have perfect balance, but this will bring it close without the cascade effect a single nerf does (ie. an ecm nerf makes bap tag and narc worth less, etc). And if you go overboard, you can just tweak the tonnage back and forth till its right.

Although I don't see anything in there about my Road Runner horns... what's up with that? Meep meep?

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 02 March 2015 - 06:57 PM.

#15 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 02 March 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

Sounds really good... They've been listening. I may have to a la carte that Cauldron Born after all :)
In my opinion they should keep that rotation of patches. Attempt any polishing/bug fixes, and light on content on the first patch of the month, and then a more content heavy patch later in the month. I think it would keep up on potential issues that arise, and then are ignored/forgotten until enough people complain. Eg; Mining Collective freezing

probably a better value to buy the package to be an honest.

la carte is 55 dollars, for just 3 mechs.
The package is 80 dollars for 12 mechs, premium time, and clan faction packages, and more.

plus with the extension you have plenty of time to get some extra cash.

#16 TyphonCh

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:02 PM

View PostBrody319, on 02 March 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

probably a better value to buy the package to be an honest.

la carte is 55 dollars, for just 3 mechs.
The package is 80 dollars for 12 mechs, premium time, and clan faction packages, and more.

plus with the extension you have plenty of time to get some extra cash.

I've bought both top tier waves of the clans, and the only reason I upgraded to the Man O War was for the KGC... and to be honest I was totally let down by wave 2. Craptastic i say!

Edited by Team Chevy86, 02 March 2015 - 07:02 PM.

#17 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 02 March 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

I've bought both top tier waves of the clans, and the only reason I upgraded to the Man O War was for the KGC... and to be honest I was totally let down by wave 2. Craptastic i say!

Cheetah will probably set the standard for clan lights, if it doesn't kill off every other light in the game.
Shadowcat will have some trouble but will kill the ferret and be better than the Nova at least.
Cauldron-born has the potential to dethrone the Timberwolf.
Executioner might compete with the Warhawk, depending on some factors.

I think almost everyone was in agreement about clan wave 2 being lack luster before it arrived, but they wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt.

#18 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:48 PM

Really liking what I'm seeing in general.

Granted, much of it doesn't really apply/matter to me (VoIP and some of the back end stuff) but I really like to see the posted goals and what folks can expect as a general thing. Also I am curious about the new CW map and I'm looking forward to running around on it.

#19 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,669 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

I don't understand the reasoning behind making the GRF-1S the champion. I'm not really sure about after quirks since I rarely see Griffins thanks to the Doomcrow being available, but last I played them the GRF-1S was the worst of the set. 1N or 3M would be much better set as a champion.

March 17th is going to be the biggest patch though, between additional quirks (including clan), Jager/Phract customization passes (fingers crossed), and the other resistance mechs being released.

#20 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Clans getting quirks will probably be Summoner, Lynx, Ferret, and Gargoyle. Assuming they stick to 1 per weight class.

possibly Adder instead of the Gargoyle if they are willing to double up on a weight class. since these mechs don't have the hardpoints to exploit quirks to an extreme.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users