#41 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostTainen, on 03 March 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Quirk change details?

I just want to know if my ice fridge got any quirks!

were clans supposed to get quirks?

#42 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

View PostPhobic Wraith, on 03 March 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

I was just looking at that. The HBR-Prime is quite low on armor... and that left torso is a fair liability too. Not only would losing it take half the firepower, but it makes the chassis visible, without the targeting computer and half blind too. Sheesh.

Yep.

Btw did you see the images I dropped off at Haruko's thread? I think they're worth a peek. (Scroll down from here.)
It brings a little perspective in on scale, and strange things like super light armor despite a mech's heavy weight...will make a strange bit more sense.

(Short-hand), the MWO Commando is taller than the BT Shadowhawk by about 1.3 meters [MWO Commando is 9.7 meters).

Edited by Koniving, 03 March 2015 - 11:10 AM.

#43 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

View PostTainen, on 03 March 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Quirk change details?

I just want to know if my ice fridge got any quirks!

Yeah did they get changed/added?
I realy want my crap lynx out of mothballing.

#44 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

AWESOME! :D

Wait, what? There's support for Track-IR?

I tried one with this way back and it wasn't usable. Sent it back as I pay this game mostly, and was hoping to be able to look around the cockpit with it.

Are we able to look around without having the whole HUD follow along? Like holding down right CTRL. Please say yes. :)

#45 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostThatGuy539, on 03 March 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

I tried one with this way back and it wasn't usable. Sent it back as I pay this game mostly, and was hoping to be able to look around the cockpit with it.

Are we able to look around without having the whole HUD follow along? Like holding down right CTRL. Please say yes. :)

#46 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostThatGuy539, on 03 March 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

What you should be asking is 'is arm aiming attachable to track IR seperate from torso mouse control' now that would see Track IR/Oculas rift sales blossom.

Edited by Tidy, 03 March 2015 - 11:12 AM.

#47 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostDarkExar, on 03 March 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

Thats a first step but why not make the final - drop all IS quirks and set binary vs 3 lances ;d

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

The MWO Clans are likely Jewish, and are running 6 point Stars of David. They need to update this in the dropdecks to allow clan drop-decks to setup this way.

#48 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

Hmm...so the cross hairs stayed in the middle of the mech's main window. That's good.

What about if you have arm lock disabled?

Edit: Never mind...I see the arms moving a lot later in the video. :)

And I wouldn't want to aim with my head...that would be too imprecise. The mouse is still the best for that I would think.

But being able to look around would be helpful.

Edited by ThatGuy539, 03 March 2015 - 11:19 AM.

#49 conquistadorst

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

Didn't Russ just say yesterday there was supposed to be a new CW map in the Tourmaline Desert theme?

#50 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:26 AM

Still no Wolverine or Thunderbolt Hero :angry:

#51 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:26 AM

Yay! Warhorn volume increase!

#52 Grabbabrewski

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

This patch is so Woopdeedo.

#53 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

View Postconquistadorst, on 03 March 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

Didn't Russ just say yesterday there was supposed to be a new CW map in the Tourmaline Desert theme?

March 17th.

"New CW map - A new map under the Tourmaline Desert theme is released for Community Warfare.
Released March 17th patch."

#54 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

I do not see it in the notes. Did you guys fix the issue with the Cataphract having modules issues ? putting a module in the weapon/mech slot causes an invalid mech status, and superimposes the 2 consumables one on top of the other.

thank you for the fps improvement. Makes a heck of a difference. getting a steady 40 fps on my ati 5840

DaFrog

#55 5LeafClover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:31 AM

Good patch, all good stuff.

But wouldn't it be easier to leave IS drop weight at 250 for IS vs IS too? Would have saved mucking about in the mech lab between games. After all, the idea was to have 4 mechs ready to drop at a moment's notice.

#56 Tainen

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

I see Mist Lynx quirks now. Looks decent.

#57 Eagle01

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

Of all the games I've played, this is the only game where in the Devs, not to mention the president is quite engaged with its players. Although not everyone really likes all the changes... it kinda feels like I'm playing the tabletop with PGI being the game master.

Being a programmer myself, I know how difficult it is to revamp an entire module of code, or modules of code in this case. And thanks for all the effort. :)

Now I wonder... when will we see a Mauler in an IS dropdeck? :D

#58 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

I am a little bit concerned about the different drop deck tonnage limits for IS and Clan.

It means to admit that per ton Clan mechs are superior to IS mechs. Which logically means that competitive oriented players may always stick to Clan chassis because they grant more impact on the game than IS chassis per ton. This will mean natural selection will lead to increasing numbers of Clan mechs in the pool.

So maybe this is ok for a makeshift solution, but the ultimate goal should still remain to balance Clan and IS mechs! Else you will render all the IS mechs useless or inferior and by that cut away more than half of the mech variation on the battlefield.

You are on a good way and I think balancing Clans and IS is a very good idea, as oposed to all previous Mechwarrior titles where the whole IS Faction Weapon and Mechs became extinct.

#59 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

Reduced the SFX volume for Dropships.

THANK THE BACON GODS!

My new headset is awesome but going deaf during CW drops was not part of the plan.

#60 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

Also, as the "unique geometry parts" which are again just some bolted on grids, could be added so very easyly on the Resistance mechs.

Can you please, please, please reconsider giving camo pattern support to the Resistance mechs, as you simply could let those grid parts stay and let us just change the underlying camo pattern? I've heared you got a new Graphic/3D employee, so putting her/him to work on this would make a lot of big package paying customers very happy AND get more money for you PGI as people who are willing to spend money could actually put camo on their mechs!

Edited by Ryoken, 03 March 2015 - 11:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users