Patch Notes - 1.3.376 - 03-Mar-2015

145 replies to this topic

#61 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:06 PM

can someone post the Before after of the geometry again X: them new handle bars are the only new thing? didnt seem so different . had to squint

#62 Damascus

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostRyoken, on 03 March 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

I am a little bit concerned about the different drop deck tonnage limits for IS and Clan.

It means to admit that per ton Clan mechs are superior to IS mechs. Which logically means that competitive oriented players may always stick to Clan chassis because they grant more impact on the game than IS chassis per ton. This will mean natural selection will lead to increasing numbers of Clan mechs in the pool.

So maybe this is ok for a makeshift solution, but the ultimate goal should still remain to balance Clan and IS mechs! Else you will render all the IS mechs useless or inferior and by that cut away more than half of the mech variation on the battlefield.

You are on a good way and I think balancing Clans and IS is a very good idea, as oposed to all previous Mechwarrior titles where the whole IS Faction Weapon and Mechs became extinct.

The Clan and Inner Sphere mechs don't start to be balanced until 3055, and then not fully until 3058/3060. The Inner Sphere beat the Clans with larger numbers and taking advantage of Zellbrigen. PGI said they wanted to attempt to make this era of conflict in the Battletech universe work. Previous games just took place in later and earlier eras where the tech was already balanced.

I'm fine with the mechs not being perfectly balanced. If the IS and Clan mechs are essentially just palette swapped versions of one another, then what's the point? We might as well just play in the Succession Wars era, or play as Clans in the Clan homeworlds.

Honestly we should have a Company vs a Binary. (12 vs 10)

#63 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

Why on earth would you chose the GRF-1S for the champion. It has the worst hardpoint layout of all the variants. Yuck :(

#64 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:13 PM

Or custom nose art or paint.

25 bucks per custom paint. Review and if acceptable add said mech to the data base.

A person with artistic skill could make a mint designing custom mechs per customer request and PGI could rake in too.

#65 Eagle01

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 42 posts

View PostDamascus, on 03 March 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

The Clan and Inner Sphere mechs don't start to be balanced until 3055, and then not fully until 3058/3060. The Inner Sphere beat the Clans with larger numbers and taking advantage of Zellbrigen. PGI said they wanted to attempt to make this era of conflict in the Battletech universe work. Previous games just took place in later and earlier eras where the tech was already balanced.

I'm fine with the mechs not being perfectly balanced. If the IS and Clan mechs are essentially just palette swapped versions of one another, then what's the point? We might as well just play in the Succession Wars era, or play as Clans in the Clan homeworlds.

I agree.. 3 Lances vs 2 Stars in CW (Devs are going to hate this suggestion :P hehehe). Either that or we wait about 5 years before things balance out :D

#66 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

did a couple matches, had a lot of ghost sensor issues. example: target timberwolf. turn and look elsewhere run away a while. redbox of timberwolf still in front of me for quite a while.

#67 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostDamascus, on 03 March 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

Sorry but in an online title balance is of utmost importance for gameplay.

#68 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:15 PM

Finally...a fix for the Gauss Rifle explosion message.

#69 Thor 33

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

Great patch!

NOT. Client wont even run now. Get to the login screen and login to go to a black screen and then back to my desktop. Wonderful.

#70 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostTainen, on 03 March 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

I see Mist Lynx quirks now. Looks decent.

Where? I see nothing.

#71 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostTainen, on 03 March 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

I see Mist Lynx quirks now. Looks decent.

I didn't see anything worth while on any of the clan stuff. Are they not displaying in game or something?

#72 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

Community warfare framerate seemed good at first, at least I was getting upwards of 80ish FPS on the icemap. But, as combat hit I would drop to low 20s and ping pong between 20 and 80 throughout the rest of the match as soon as intense action was going on. Especially with lots of particles. I am not really sure turning down settings helped. I was running on max.

#73 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

My KTO-20 now works. Life...Is...Good.

#74 Artax33

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts
  • LocationIowa, US

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 03 March 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

Not hearing any direct confirmation of the Hellbringer. Kinda thought the Clan ECM heavy now being available to everyone would be a bigger deal.

I have the Hellbringer and everyone wants to blow that LT off. Unless you are running missiles, you lose most of your firepower and the ecm with that side. Most games I get targeted by the whole team as soon as they see me. Many a game I am cherry red on they side very early. I think, just as with lore, the Ebon Jag. will most likely replace the HBR as the 65 ton to use.

#75 ShadowStealer

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 14 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostThor 33, on 03 March 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

Great patch!

NOT. Client wont even run now. Get to the login screen and login to go to a black screen and then back to my desktop. Wonderful.

I am having the same issue. I ran the repair tool, but still no ability to get past connecting screen after the login screen.

#76 Thor 33

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:02 PM

I ran the repair tool as well, made sure I had the newest drivers...only change was this patch.

#77 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

What version of Windows are you guys running?
How much RAM?
What kind of Video cards?
How much free drive space?
etc.

They could probably use this info to help determine the issue. :)

#78 Tainen

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

sorry, no MLX quirk changes, my bad. I saw the quirks and thought they were new. :)

#79 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

Trial DireWolf! My god! We have placed such power in the hands of infants!

#80 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

Great new bug. Big one. Pressing R will give you false or 180 degrees wrong direction of the target. Urbie power!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users