#101 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostPhobic Wraith, on 03 March 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Wow. that's quite a small chassis. I didn't realize the battletech and MWO scales were so different. I figured apart from little differences everything was roughly similar.

Indeed.
Of course, the scales of mechs vary a lot more in BT. As mentioned there, the short story A Dagger's Death refers to the 75 ton Marauder as having maybe a quarter of a meter height over an Atlas, with that in mind its thin, lanky and long legs and arms make a strange bit more sense. Its overall armor is typically 184 which x2 is 368 in MWO's standards. So it's big, tall, and thinly armored for its size, but that's why it is so thin!

Catapults are so ungodly fat, because they're hardly 10 meters tall. (Again note MWO's Commando is 9.7 meters tall).

Now, the Rifleman kinda towers over the Shadowhawk, but the Shadowhawk is a 55 ton scout and recon mech with some decent support firepower. The Rifleman's a nasty little bugger. (Warhammer is dwarfed by the Atlas and Awesome in BT; I couldn't believe it, this is why the SRM launcher is depicted as so big on it; the viewscreen on the Warhammer is literally a head-space without much wiggle room; this is why the Warhammer's chest is so bulged out; most of that chest is the cockpit!).

Orion is fairly short. Of interest -- there's mention that the AC/10 is belt-fed internally. The viewscreen you see on original art is large enough for a head and shoulders, and has a fair bit of wiggle room in there.

A Locust and Jenner tower over the Shadowhawk. O.o; Commando and Hunchback are the same height. Locusts are creepy tall.

The largest 'Mech, BattleMech or OmniMech to exist in from the Mackie to 3055 is the Executioner. Even the Behemoth isn't really that big; it's shorter than an Atlas. But damn is that thing long and wide.

#102 Korak18

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in "Reaver Space"

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:12 PM

Just wondering when the hitreg/boxes are gonna be fixed on the Panthers.
I thought the FS's were bad but the Panthers are brutal.
They should have never made it to actual use with that bad of a config.

#103 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

View PostKrazedOmega, on 03 March 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

Please tell me there's finally a fix for the horrible fps drop from smoke and steam that was introduced when CW was released.

I'm really getting tired of my fps dropping to the high 20's from the normal 70-80 when my mech starts to overheat and "steam".

Was curious too and tested it and guess what, looks like they disabled that effect completly!

EDIT: looks like disabled in Testing Grounds but in game I see it, but not sure if they toned it down a bit? I will wait for a good fight to see if they have done something about it.

Edited by Rhialto, 03 March 2015 - 04:23 PM.

#104 delushin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 159 posts
  • LocationIn-ter-web

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:20 PM

What!

Still no Oceanic servers, man I was really hoping this would be the patch to end all patches! Well as the guy mentioned above, guess the only option is the Panther at the moment.

Edited by delushin, 03 March 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#105 KrazedOmega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

View PostRhialto, on 03 March 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

Was curious too and tested it and guess what, looks like they disabled that effect completly!

EDIT: looks like disabled in Testing Grounds but in game I see it, but not sure if they toned it down a bit? I will wait for a good fight to see if they have done something about it.

Not sure it ever worked in the testing grounds. I while ago I was going to take some screen shots to get a better look at the problem but I saw that nothing happens to your mech once it starts to overheat in the testing grounds.

#106 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostKrazedOmega, on 03 March 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

Please tell me there's finally a fix for the horrible fps drop from smoke and steam that was introduced when CW was released.

I'm really getting tired of my fps dropping to the high 20's from the normal 70-80 when my mech starts to overheat and "steam".

Strange thing is that that massive fps drop does not happen in testing grounds by smoke/dust... it only happens in online sessions.

(Also steam is not rendered in testing grounds)

#107 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:08 PM

Thx guys, rock on!

#108 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

View PostStravak, on 03 March 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

After what you changed on the IS Lasers ghost heat in the last patch, increasing the IS drop ship capacity to 250T is the next best thing!

btw, to make things even more balanced you guys could adopt a rule like "when IS fights Clans, Clan mechs start the match legged"
or something stupid like that!

Want to sell more wave 3 packs? You are going the wrong way!!!

First the may change back depending how it gos and they did nerf our only really competitive mech as it should have been

Secondly the drop ship capacity is essactly the way to go to balance IS vs clans or would you prefer clans to have all the customizable options of the IS and the IS to have clan tech?

It seems that the values haven't been implemented properly as the differences seem to not change regardless of opponent but I believe the min was also supposed to go up reducing light rushes, the only real way to deal with an organized clan force, as demonstrated by the clans sudden resergens since VOIP, that and I have never seen IS push an attacking clan force back to there deployment, only clans get away with being that cocky.

Edit: drop tonnage seem to be working tho there is no min change they should probably look at implementing a change for attacking and defending as well tho they would probably need configured drop lode outs before doing that as it can get hectic changing to and from attack/defend loud outs before the game launches.

Edited by Frost Lord, 03 March 2015 - 06:30 PM.

#109 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:13 PM

View Postdelushin, on 03 March 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

What!

Still no Oceanic servers, man I was really hoping this would be the patch to end all patches! Well as the guy mentioned above, guess the only option is the Panther at the moment.

don't expect oceanic servers until the steam release and even then there would need to be a major influx of people and it will still take time to implement.

#110 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:24 PM

View PostCorbenik, on 03 March 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

can someone post the Before after of the geometry again X: them new handle bars are the only new thing? didnt seem so different . had to squint

panthers shin guards are more square I think the enforcers change a bit to

#111 kazlaton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 170 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 03 March 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Increased the volume for Clan Warhorns and the ComStar Warhorn.
Increased the number of Warhorns that can play at the same time.

So when do we get a mute button for these things?

There is nothing in this game that makes me want to stop giving you my dollars as much as these silly horns.

#112 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 03 March 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

Finally...a fix for the Gauss Rifle explosion message.

Best.change.ever!!

View PostKiiyor, on 03 March 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

Trial DireWolf! My god! We have placed such power in the hands of infants!

Their tears shall flood the canyon network, the flames will melt alpine peaks and the howls of their death will echo through the forest colony. May Kerensky have pity for their souls.

#113 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

When can we expect a fix for gargoyle huge movement archetype?!

it does not even require a fix... it just needs correcting a typo.... a typo!... and the devs are acting like they dont know what a gargoyle is.!

#114 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:56 PM

Target Reticule remains on screen even if the targeted mech is not in the line of sight. Also noticed the enemey target triangles will also remain on screen after looked away indicating false targets.

I'll try to get some screen shots.

#115 Bubblewhip

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:57 PM

Is it just me, or is none of trial mechs any good?

At least with the last batch, the stalker was a decent LRM boat, and the Stormcrow and timberwolf were out of box great mechs. Almost all of the new trial mechs are effectively toaster ovens, or poorly thought out weapon loadouts.

Worst yet is the trial mechs have great perks and none of them are utilized.

Toaster ovens: Banshee (Who the hell needs 6 large wub guns?), Stormcrow, hellbringer, mad dog, dire wolf (Holy hell this thing is a sauna)

Edited by Bubblewhip, 03 March 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#116 Thor 33

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

As a workaround for my issue-if your client cant launch after this patch-I discovered that I now have to change my windows screen resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x1024 (the same res I play in the game) (hey, I have a gtx 260, ive got three kids. give me a break). Anyway, if you're having issues getting the game to launch now, give this a try.

#117 Nick86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:45 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 03 March 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

PATCH #42

Tuesday, March 3rd @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

Patch Number: 1.3.376

There are times in development where you’re standing atop a structure built of new features, excited by the addition of fresh content. There are other times where you must instead prepare the ground for new growth, clearing away those deep and branching paths previously established and rarely used. It is then that you can forge new paths, and reveal new vistas.

During the last two weeks the team have cut and cleaned their way through to new FPS optimizations, HUD information display fixes, various crash fixes, ‘Mech torso spin repair, VoIP functionality tweaks, and have (as far as current in-house testing can tell) vanquished the dreaded freeze-bug.

From the bug-jungle travails of the programming team, the route to the Mining Collective is once again available and players will find themselves arriving there with regularity.

Anyone noticed more problems with their HUD than before? Still seeing disconnects? I am.. (The weekend challenge was actually great for the lack of Discos..)

I think this announcement gets PGI the RAZZIE for online gaming..

GG..

(I say this in the best of taste.. the irony.. oh the irony..)

Can someone please remove the random red triangles and targets from my HUD? :( x

#118 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:58 AM

View PostNick86, on 04 March 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

Anyone noticed more problems with their HUD than before? Still seeing disconnects? I am.. (The weekend challenge was actually great for the lack of Discos..)

I think this announcement gets PGI the RAZZIE for online gaming..

GG..

(I say this in the best of taste.. the irony.. oh the irony..)

Can someone please remove the random red triangles and targets from my HUD? :( x

This issue is making the game very hard to play right now for me. I have to constantly re-target enemy mechs to avoid random red triangles all over my screen.

#119 Winddancer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:52 AM

Instead of an increase of the IS drop capacity against Clans in CW I would have prefered a lowered drop capacity for the Clans.

Aka 160 to 240 for IS and 150 to 230 for Clan. Might entice the clan players to use some of their fine smaller mechs as well.

#120 Meta 2013

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Eastern US

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:46 AM

Well as for bug fixes .... umm not sure if I'd go so far as to call them fixes, the crash at map loading has gone up considerably since the patch for me. Where as before it was only 2 or 3 times a day, now I am experiencing multiple crashes back to back at map loading. Of course we have the new and very annoying target box getting stuck to you cursor, and from my perspective I don't see much else that has gotten fixed.

For my personal game experience, the bugs are worse. Maybe they fixed it for some of you, still saw a lot of people crashing and reconnecting tonight.

As for the maps ... really wish you all would stop screwing with the frequency ratings ... HPG every other map is no more fun than the bog or terra every other map. Tonight I saw mostly HPG, Crimson.

Edit Update ---- 3/20/2015

Not sure what they did, but suddenly all my crashes have stopped for now. Been at least 3 days since I have seen a crash. Granted, I now see a lot of other new and exciting bugs/undocumented new "features" that have been introduced. At this point not sure what to call them, Hard to tell lately if they are bugs, attempts at fixes, or just new features with bad coding.

Edit update 21 Mar 2015 -

I just had to jinx it - 2 crashes back to back matches yesterday. Also I figured out why the crashing went down - it wasn't them ... I shut off VOIP, I didn't think about it, because it didn't fix I until I did a reboot, then the crashing went down significantly after I changed that setting.

You All are losing ground - for awhile it was fix one bug, induce one bug, with the occasional fix something and actually not break something else. Now its fix one, induce 5 brand new ones. Not Good guys.

Edited by Meta 2013, 21 March 2015 - 01:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users