181 replies to this topic

#161 Shoot someone else

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:23 AM

Zeusus,
That is a good pont. I actually do not have a one sided bias. I made a second account to try clan CW. It was easy mode. Clan mechs (for the most part) hold much more pure firepower than equivenlent tonnage IS mechs. On the defensive this really makes a difference. I think I only played three matches as a clanner. Mostly with trial mechs. Even with said sometimes 'crappy build' trial mechs it was a runaway each game. Perhaps I was just facing a poor IS group all three times. I don't know.

I beleive you missed the point on your second line there. If you are attacking (I do not remember what game mode it was) it says your objective is to take the base and get the most kills. From the anguished cries of my team mates there is apparently no way to take the actual base now. I was shooting Omega up and was being mostly ignored. My team mates told me to stop wasting my time, that it was number of kills that solely counted for victory. If this is the case, advantage defender. When it is Clan mechs defending, even more so.

If Omega means nothing, why is it there and targetable?

#162 Zeusus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:48 AM

You missed my point in my second point... The exact issue you raise is true for both factions. And the IS can play just as well on defence with all their quirks.

If IS players want to exclusively pug in CW and not bring their A game and top level gear then that is their problem. Because the clans are happy to engage in politics and playing to win.

I can't remember the last time I saw an IS 12 man. So I promise you that you faced poor IS groups as they very rarely are organized. Teamwork OP. I don't care how good they are as individuals, this isnt Solaris.

And 3 matches is throw away data. Ask any statician. It literally means nothing. Especially when it comes to being biased...

#163 LordSkyKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 194 posts
  • LocationPLACES!!!

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostBladeXXL, on 04 March 2015 - 03:41 AM, said:

Basicly the Mechs are balanced well (IS vs Clan)

They actually are, except for the Timber Wolf and the Stormcrow. Those two are better than anything the IS can field.

#164 Shoot someone else

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

Zeusus
And 3 matches is throw away data. Ask any statician. It literally means nothing. Especially when it comes to being biased...

I hate to say this but you are making it sound like you have a real bias here. :)

#165 Zeusus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

View Postjoeymjr29732, on 26 March 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

I hate to say this but you are making it sound like you have a real bias here. :)

We all do. Whomever claims otherwise is a liar. However you can't reasonably deny that 3 samples is too low to state anything with authority.

Does the timber and storm need a slight Nerf? Yes. Are clans as a whole OP no.

My bias is balance is decent and the IS needs to stop pugging.

#166 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

Ahhhh, this thread is a wonderful example of why the CW queue times are so long.

So tasty!

#167 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

The Urbanmech will save CW for the Inner Sphere - forget Zerg rushing, it forever will be Urbie Rushing!

#168 Shoot someone else

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

View PostSlater01, on 26 March 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

The Urbanmech will save CW for the Inner Sphere - forget Zerg rushing, it forever will be Urbie Rushing!

Ha! Considering the sped of theUrbie I'd say 'rush' might not be the best word to describe the experience. :)

#169 Zeusus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:31 PM

All hail the Urbie army!

#170 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

I am ready for this B33f video when it happens. That is all.

#171 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

Clan and IS mechs are close to balance, but the HS and Ghost heat is still greatly in favor of the IS mechs, so how about a little love for us poor over heating clanners, remove GH, or give us real 2.0 double HS please.

#172 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:52 AM

Repasy (How does that gore have any relevance here?)

Because CW is just a glorified version of seal clubbing for the 12 mans that they had in the solo MM queues 12 mans ,8 mans were split from the solo mm queues for one reason they were driving away new players by the hundreds back at closed beta.

PGI and the Devs are not very smart people really and they never understood Battletech/TT/or even MechWarrior socially that's why MWO fails to attract new players and retain a high player base to make CW a viable game mode in MWO along with other aspects of CW that make it truly the same same drops over and over again until brain damage occurs.

Edited by PappySmurf, 27 March 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#173 Zeusus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:00 AM

CW is meant for 12v12, but allows us PuGs to join if we wish. If you don't want to play in a team or against teams don't play CW. Some of us PuGs like the increased coordination vs. Regular queue.

#174 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:40 AM

View Postjoeymjr29732, on 26 March 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

If Omega means nothing, why is it there and targetable?

I decided to revisit this one.

Okay, in that game-mode, Omega is targetable, and it DOES mean something (as an attacker, you can't win unless Omega is dead), BUT...

YOU HAVE TO KILL MORE OF THE ENEMY.

As the attacker, you have to do both of the following: 1) Kill more of the enemy, 2) Kill Omega.

As the defender, losing Omega doesn't matter if you kill more of the enemy. So if an enemy kills Omega, and the final kill count is 47-46 (with the defenders having more kills), the defenders win.

So the better strategy is try to kill as many of the enemy as possible to the point where they can't mount an effective defense. Once that's accomplished, you can kill Omega at your leisure.

As time gets short, and if the kill-count is close, it's probably time to send a small, light team to go kill Omega. Then you can focus on trying to go up in the count and win in the final seconds.

That last happened to me last night and it was a blast. The final score as the clock ran out was something like 43-44 with Omega dead, and a TWolf trying to run down a mostly-cored Thud. Great game.

#175 3CLIPZ3

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

I must be playing another game because every time I face IS in an even match, for the long range battles, we lose. We have to get up and brawl to have a better chance of winning. If you are IS, you should be taking 6LL Stalkers and some Thunderbolts either 3PPC or 7MPL. And take advantage of your high mount weapons for poking.

But regardless of that, team work(pushing ability, focus firing)+pilot skill(aim,twisting,covering) is the most important thing in MWO and what wins games imo. Here is a vid of a hilarious game i had (not of CW though) to prove this point.

Edited by 3CLIPZ3, 27 March 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#176 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

Tried CW for third and final time today,if this is the "grand scale warfare" - thing,count me out.
Zero teamwork and every single game ends in a onesided stomp,really fun.

#177 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

Zero teamwork and every single game ends in a onesided stomp,really fun.

You can't cure stupid, and PUG play in CW is akin to putting a solo queue team up against a group queue team frequently, which means stompity stomp crush.

Player beware. If a queue has more than 4 people in the "1" slot, drop out or reap the PUGtastic fail results.

#178 Unit47

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:21 PM

The reason IS loses more matches in PUG CW is simple:

The majority of IS players is terrible at this game.

#179 Vocis

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostUnit47, on 27 March 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

It truly is amazing how much more skilled pilots become when they can pilot clan mechs.

#180 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostUnit47, on 27 March 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

Boom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users