How Is Cw Fun For Is Only Players?

181 replies to this topic

#121 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

My hellbringer w/ 4erll is terrified of light mechs. and laughs at missiles and range fights. Go figure...

#122 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:40 AM

It's not.

In fact, it was so anti-fun, I stopped playing for about two months, and only came back when PGI added voice chat. I still won't play CW. The entire design is flawed beyond belief, and needs to be remade from scratch.

Obviously, they're not gonna do that, and the current incarnation is what you're all gonna be saddled with.

#123 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:57 AM

View PostHARDKOR, on 05 March 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

... but putting a daishi on top of a raven 3L would :D

Damn it, Hardkor! Schtop giving away our next game takteex! Das it, you're cut off frum da cirkle!!!

;)

View PostWingbreaker, on 05 March 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

DIRTY CLAN GRAVITY IS OVERPOWERED, PGI PLEASE NERF IT.

hey, Hey, HEY! You leave gravity out of this lest we feed you to a black hole!

(hehe)

#124 Side Step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:27 AM

Regardless of ecm, IS vs Clan is far from balanced. Having pugged for both, winning with Clan is a breeze compared to the uphill battle that is fighting for IS. It's really painful from the get go, and even worse when you have to endure getting farmed at spaw, feeding the clanners lots of c-bills with zero rewards in our end.

When it's done it's done. If they refuse to go for the objective, it should be possible to 'gg' out of the game without the remainder of our mechs being gifted for them to destroy after it's already over.

Even better of course, would be some balance.

#125 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:48 AM

View PostSolCrusher, on 03 March 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

So really how is this fun? All I seem to do is lose lose lose. Not too much fun and never mind every other mech seems to have ECM for the Clanners.

Having been Clan side since they came out, and only last week did I make the choice to go IS, in my first CW (pug) as IS vs. Clan (PUG), we butchered the clans.... 48 to 17, and we (IS) were on the offensive.... That means that the clans could use their range advantage, it was also the cold map, so they had that helping them. But you know what we did to slaughter them? Used the terrain to our advantage, get on top of them and force them to brawl DoT weapons vs. FLD/short DoT's... The lower heat IS weapons were part of what carried the day for us, the other thing, was using the map.

I ran:
CN9-A
CN9-D
CN9-LYW
KGC-000(L)

#126 Iskareot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 433 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNW,IN

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:06 AM

So really how is this fun? All I seem to do is lose lose lose. Not too much fun and never mind every other mech seems to have ECM for the Clanners.

Exactly soon there will not be content for them and then they will cry we stopped dropping because it was so imbalanced and lame.

I loved it to see the maps but Im done with it until they figure out ways to get some balance into it. (FYI Cannon is not gonna happen in a video game)... just can't. Until some people figure this out this will be a constant loss.

#127 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:08 AM

View PostIskareot, on 09 March 2015 - 06:06 AM, said:

Exactly soon there will not be content for them and then they will cry we stopped dropping because it was so imbalanced and lame.

I loved it to see the maps but Im done with it until they figure out ways to get some balance into it. (FYI Cannon is not gonna happen in a video game)... just can't. Until some people figure this out this will be a constant loss.

You are totally ignorant if you think there is some imbalance, read the post above you.

#128 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

I enjoy CW immensely actually. It's my favourite game mode-as an IS pilot. I tend to loselose/winwin on the main.

oh and Metus Regem- THIS man gets it. +1 sir.

Edited by kamiko kross, 09 March 2015 - 07:45 AM.

#129 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:56 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 09 March 2015 - 04:48 AM, said:

Having been Clan side since they came out, and only last week did I make the choice to go IS, in my first CW (pug) as IS vs. Clan (PUG), we butchered the clans.... 48 to 17, and we (IS) were on the offensive.... That means that the clans could use their range advantage, it was also the cold map, so they had that helping them. But you know what we did to slaughter them? Used the terrain to our advantage, get on top of them and force them to brawl DoT weapons vs. FLD/short DoT's... The lower heat IS weapons were part of what carried the day for us, the other thing, was using the map.

I ran:
CN9-A
CN9-D
CN9-LYW
KGC-000(L)

I found the AH followed by the AL better than the D but it depends on loadout.

#130 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:59 AM

Yesterday, in a CW match, I had a king crab with dual gauss and dual er PPC ..both with range mods. I got into a sniping match with a Timberwolf. It was about as close to a 1v1 slugfest as is possible. The Timberwolf won.

I generally enjoy fighting the OP clan mechs. It is a challenge, but that was insane. We should make a MWO commercial slogan, "how many gauss rounds does it take to get to the center of a Timberwolf."

The counter attack on hellborn has also become a meta worse than a light zerg rush. The clan mechs just sit at their spawn. It is super lame.

#131 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 09 March 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

I found the AH followed by the AL better than the D but it depends on loadout.

I've been debating getting an AL, but the Centurions that I have, I have due to buying the mastery pack... so yea.... Still I am finding that IS tech, sure feels like easy mode* after playing Clans for so long...

Note*

I am not looking to start a fight, or say one side is easyer or harder than the other, this is just based off of my experiances playing much hotter, more space restricted mechs for so long, that IS mechs, feel easier to use, have more options it feels like, even if the tech is larger and heavier than clan versions.

edit:

CN9-A(C)
CN9-D
YEN-LO-WANG
KGC-000

That was how I ran them for that match, since then, the Wang and KGC have been upgradded to DHS.

Edited by Metus regem, 09 March 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#132 Vocis

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

CW isn't designed to be fun for IS.

It is designed to sell clan mechs.

Pay2Win baby, that is where the money is.

#133 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

View PostVocis, on 09 March 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

I wouldn't go that far, although there is definitely an edge with clan mechs.

#134 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

Maybe if you actually played clan mechs you would understand how ignorant your statement is...

#135 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:18 PM

Steiner cries always
Green Bird glistens in tears now
Spring rains in CW

Edited by Wingbreaker, 09 March 2015 - 02:19 PM.

#136 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 09 March 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

I enjoy CW immensely actually. It's my favourite game mode-as an IS pilot. I tend to loselose/winwin on the main.

oh and Metus Regem- THIS man gets it. +1 sir.

Well thank you for the complement, I do appreciate it. But I hardly am deserving of any praise on this, it really should be common sense.... make the enemy fight on your terms, not theirs....

I mean you have to be really foolish to try and match an enemy that has a range advantage in a range fight... Guess a lot of people don't understand that and think IS mechs should be able to meet Clan mechs head on in staring contests at long range... hence all the QQ about Clans being OP...

#137 Vocis

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:50 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 09 March 2015 - 02:18 PM, said:

Steiner cries always
Green Bird glistens in tears now
Spring rains in CW

Green Bird Pays
Green Bird Wins
Green Bird thinks self good
Green Bird Posts Haiku
Green Bird thinks self Clever
Person on 7 day rotation
To see clearly
Sees Dunning-Kruger Proven

Edited by Vocis, 09 March 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#138 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:19 PM

View PostMechregSurn, on 09 March 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

Yesterday, in a CW match, I had a king crab with dual gauss and dual er PPC ..both with range mods. I got into a sniping match with a Timberwolf. It was about as close to a 1v1 slugfest as is possible. The Timberwolf won.

I generally enjoy fighting the OP clan mechs. It is a challenge, but that was insane. We should make a MWO commercial slogan, "how many gauss rounds does it take to get to the center of a Timberwolf."

The counter attack on hellborn has also become a meta worse than a light zerg rush. The clan mechs just sit at their spawn. It is super lame.

Then you missed a lot, and/failed to roll damage, no way should a Timber at range eat through a crab

#139 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:22 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 03 March 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

Are you bringing primarily LRM mechs? Ecm doesn't affect much otherwise.
Try(using their quirks)
Wolverine 6k
Thunderbolt 9s and 5ss
Dragon 1N
Firestarter S or A

Other non quirk optimized
Battlemaster 1S with 4 ER LL or a Thunderbolt 5ss with ERLL - both mechs get 25% range boost
King crab with 4 ultra ac 5
Stalker 4N with erll&LLs It can do crazy damage per second

I'm sure there's many more I'm forgetting

Eg thunderbolt with 3LPLs

Yeah, just tell him how to hump the meta. This will make mediocre PUG drops *so* much better. Except for it will not.

#140 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:29 PM

Wasn't fun for me as Kuritan (mostly because I couldn't use the mechs I had actually paid cold hard cash for) so I swapped to falcons. Then Wingbreaker liked his own haiku, I shoulda been a wolf.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users