-Hellbringer

Kitfox too.

#42 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

As an IS player, I don't find it fun at all.

#43 Necromantion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 04 March 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

As an IS player, I don't find it fun at all.

Do you play with a group?

Do you use any of the following mechs? STK-4N, Misery, QKD-4K, Wolvering 3K, Firestarters, Spider with ECM, Thunderbolts with 7mpl, 4ERLlas, 2ppc+3mlas, or 3LPL, Battlemaster 1S with ERLlas, Raven 3L?

#44 GutterBoy5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts
  • LocationAdelaide,south australia

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

Clans are beatable, the prob is to many IS LRMS , your not gonna get target lock with there ECM blanket so effectively 2-3 or more of IS team are totally useless . The clanners drop deck perfectly fits 3 x scrows &1 Twolf both strongest mech atm. IS drop deck can fit 2-3 good mechs 1piece of crap. 250t does make it better now.

Clanners come in organized in 12 mans a lot , IS doesn't & very few use VoIP .

But when IS does get organized into 12 mans we do win & even did a solo match other day , where ppl did use VoIP & good mechs & we beat a twelve man. Game was fantastic .

But yes clan is EASY mode. Just cause they win doesn't meen there good players any nub can win in clan tech .if a team really wanted to prove how great they are , they should've gone IS & concurred clans then nobody could doubt there greatness . Going clan proves NOTHING .
There are great teams out there don't get me wrong & would do well in IS . But there many hiding under the clan title .i don't go clan cause I like the challenge .
Cheers

#45 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 04 March 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

You play in Clan mechs, you allready have an advantage.

Yes, my big bad clan mechs are the reason I have those scores.

If I had IS mechs, they'd be higher.

#46 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostNecromantion, on 04 March 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Do you play with a group?

Do you use any of the following mechs? STK-4N, Misery, QKD-4K, Wolvering 3K, Firestarters, Spider with ECM, Thunderbolts with 7mpl, 4ERLlas, 2ppc+3mlas, or 3LPL, Battlemaster 1S with ERLlas, Raven 3L?

^ this is a huge part of the problem I have with current CW once you get past the lack of mission/mode variety. The maps and forced style of play essentially eliminate a greater portion of the mechs and builds from being at all useful in organized matches.

#47 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

View Postsycocys, on 04 March 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

^ this is a huge part of the problem I have with current CW once you get past the lack of mission/mode variety. The maps and forced style of play essentially eliminate a greater portion of the mechs and builds from being at all useful in organized matches.

Oh please whine more. Try having 3 chassis out of all of your mech chassis viable for CW as Clans... You really are so skewed in your ridiculous bias in every one of your "woe is IS" posts.

#48 DivideByZer0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

View PostNecromantion, on 04 March 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

Kitfox too.

Forgot that one. Edited.

#49 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostNecromantion, on 04 March 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

Oh please whine more. Try having 3 chassis out of all of your mech chassis viable for CW as Clans... You really are so skewed in your ridiculous bias in every one of your "woe is IS" posts.

No its a problem for the entire game, its absolutely ridiculous that they'd design the mode so lopsidedly towards specific mechs and builds. I don't care which side of the battle you are on, every mech and role should have a viable place.

IS/Clan isn't my problem at all, and you'd know that if you even took a second to read any of my posts. To sum it up in the simplest way possible for you my problem is they delivered CW very, very incomplete and as nothing more than a role limited version of what the game already was - if it wasn't for having 4 drops in one match CW wouldn't even have any marketable difference from the game we've been playing since beta.

Yes, I absolutely expected way more from them with CW split companies or not, and frankly feel like they in many ways failed remarkably to deliver any real sense of IS vs Clan much less deliver something that resembled large scale warfare over planets. For something pushed back as far as it was it should be far more than it is even if they want to call it "beta".

I'm glad some people like it, especially the rest of my group - personally I don't find it to be at all engaging because I feel like they left out all the things that would make planetary invasion an interesting mode to play. And I understand why they felt they had to push it out so incomplete being so far behind their original launch date for it, I just don't particularly agree with the fact they spent such a ridiculous amount of extra time on it and still delivered us this mode in such a poorly developed state.

#50 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:35 PM

I like the fact that Necro calls IS pilots whiners all the time. I have never seen him call CLAN pilots whiners when they get zerged however. COuld it be that clanners never ***** ? If so, how come the TDR 9s got nerfed...

MWO is not TDR and TW. It is mechwarrior. Meaning that a complementary loadout of mechs for different ops can be used to achieve success. All the suggestions of CLANS to IS pilots are: use more TDR and SPIDERS, when they're complaining about those very same mechs.........

As to teamwork. GREATLY OVERRATED. Yeah you read me right. I was in a team, I got fed up with a CO trying to force his really bad strategy, disregarding better pilots and tacticians suggestions, because his way was the only way ( which was wrong ) and you had to comply. Not only that, but unless you start the unit, you will never have a say in anything, from dropdeck mechxs to strategies.

I have been approached by a few units, while I was in one, before that and after. Would any of those reputable top tier units let me have strategic control of a lance, a company. NO ! So in PUG, I have better chances of having half a dozen pilots listening to me, than people like HARDKOR and NEKRO who think they rule because they have been in a team longer.

At the end of the day, my kick is implementing DIFFERENT TACTICS that the adversary has not seen, not practicing 12 hours a day to perfectly core a DDC with an alpha strike from a TW.

I can always hope that some other kindred souls got into MWO for those reasons, as opposed to the William Tells of the world. Better tactics will trump better marksmanship most of the time.

#51 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:46 PM

you have personal issues

#52 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:29 PM

X2

#53 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:02 AM

View Postknnniggett, on 03 March 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

The key to beating them is to get up in their face and out brawl them. Avoid drawn-out long range fights as that is their strength. Naturally, build your mechs accordingly.

This. Just look at all the nasty "Meta Clan Builds" (that we are forced to drive, since most things except for lasers suck on clan mechs :P ) - They alpha once or twice, then run off hiding to cool off. Then they hop out again to alpha. On medium-long range that will get any IS-Mech killed without much resistance, but forcing them into a brawl means forcing them to either overheat or fire everything in chainfire (and suddenly they become horrible).

To get into brawl range in one piece you need some competent buddies, so a good group is a prerequesite for that :)

#54 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:37 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 04 March 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

Simple,
First: Sell all of your LRM boat mechs and purchase 3 thunderbolt 9ss. Equip 2 with 4 ER-Large lasers (and range modules for all) and 1 with a boat-load of Medium Pulse lasers (range & rate of fire modules too). Then get a cicada 3M (ecm) with 2 ER Large Lasers.
Second: Stand 1000 M away from any energy-based canner and fire at their CT. They will fire back...but...you will do nearly full damage and they will do much, much less or, using the MPL Thunderbolt, close in to the clanner and eat their alphas on your empty arm then repeatedly alpha them in the chest as they overheat. Or, you can use your medium mechs superior speed and ECM to move around and just shoot at their legs leaving them to hobble around the battlefield.
Third: go to the forums and read the QQ posts about how ERLL range on IS mechs is over-powered and how quirks are bad for the game..
Fourth: laugh at the easy-mode players who cry whenever they encounter anything that doesn't hold to the "IS mechs are SUPPOSED to be crap compared to ours" mantra and have a drink of your favorite beverage.

Let me correct this for you: and purchase 3 thunderbolt 5ss.

Although everything you say is correct, keep in mind that Boreal is the only map out of three where u really nead a range advantage. Sulfur is basically a brawler map. You can beat clans on this map due to their heat issues in a close quarter brawl. The new one isquite similar. Don't try a range trade. There is anyhow not much range on this map - its more of a canyon combat.

#55 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:59 AM

View PostSolCrusher, on 03 March 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

So really how is this fun? All I seem to do is lose lose lose. Not too much fun and never mind every other mech seems to have ECM for the Clanners.

Win or lose if I have a good run in game I have a good run.

#56 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:33 AM

At least IS v. IS is balanced the same way Clam v. Clam is balanced.

I have yet to experience victory in any CW match versus the clams of the few I bothered to try. None.. I repeat NONE of the matches were ever close. Not even when it was team v. Pug.

So I have no sympathy for the whines of clammers on quirks or the zerg rush.

You got your ez-cheezy mode. Enjoy the mismatch while it still lasts.

#57 Dr Gonzo316

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 104 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:56 AM

It is really not the problem of IS and Clanmechs, both sides have advantages and disadvantages. The problem is the current proportion of population and game mechanics. The clans have more manpower atm, so they are most of the time in the offense. When you attack a planet, you usually join your factions TS and form larger groups.

The group on the defending side is most of the times a bunch of mixed factions with no coordination at all. Additionally, you have about 6-10 unitless casual players on your side, half of them in trial mechs. To win a match with such a mismatch is quite hard, and even if you manage to hold, the attackers still have the option to simply rush and secure the victory.

But this is the same when IS attacks clanworlds, the problem is just that this happens not as often as clans attacking IS.

#58 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 05 March 2015 - 03:33 AM, said:

At least IS v. IS is balanced the same way Clam v. Clam is balanced.

I have yet to experience victory in any CW match versus the clams of the few I bothered to try. None.. I repeat NONE of the matches were ever close. Not even when it was team v. Pug.

So I have no sympathy for the whines of clammers on quirks or the zerg rush.

You got your ez-cheezy mode. Enjoy the mismatch while it still lasts.

If you brought LRM mechs...do not cry about "Clans are OP".

CW is not LRM online, and sorry if you feel a compulsion to bring a suboptimal weapon system to "hard mode", however, I have no sympathy for the IS players who bring terrible builds, run XL stalkers, stand still in the open and stare at you while trying to aim, and then complain because they lost and it was not close.

There are many IS units we have had some tight matches with...I cannot say that a traditionally Marik unit was among them, however, some of the HK guys, and some of the FRR units are decent.

Edited by Gyrok, 05 March 2015 - 06:34 AM.

#59 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

IS pugs usually have to carry a lot of new players, while Clan does not.
It is a BIG difference when you have 1-5 players on your team who have just been playing under 3 months.
These players built their mechs poorly, don't know map strategy and are weak at aiming and mech movement.
Games become decided in 10 mins, when a few of these players have lost all 4 mechs and the game becomes 9 v 12 or something like that.

How long has even the newest clan players been playing?
Usually at least 6 months to a year.
There is absolutely no comparison between a 6 month year old player and a 1 day - 3 month player.

There is no problem with having new players in CW.
However there is a BIG problem with having ALL the new players on ONE side.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 05 March 2015 - 06:52 AM.

#60 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:49 AM

View PostGyrok, on 05 March 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

If you brought LRM mechs...do not cry about "Clans are OP".

CW is not LRM online, and sorry if you feel a compulsion to bring a suboptimal weapon system to "hard mode", however, I have no sympathy for the IS players who bring terrible builds, run XL stalkers, stand still in the open and stare at you while trying to aim, and then complain because they lost and it was not close.

There are many IS units we have had some tight matches with...I cannot say that a traditionally Marik unit was among them, however, some of the HK guys, and some of the FRR units are decent.

You assume much.

I use all weapons at my disposal. Some LRM, some FLPPD, some Wub. My participation is average enough. I don't claim to be a great pilot, just better than those addicted to obvious game mechanic crutches bragging about their superiority.

I run what I enjoy playing. It is not what is meta, nor does it require me to have ECM or clan crutches. I'm tempted to get a clan mech just to see how sloppy I can play and still do well. I'm fairly certain I'll be disgusted with myself when I do learn. But perhaps I will learn that piloting a clan mech isn't all that easy (though my experience with the Raven 3L sure proved to me how lazy you can be with ECM and do well.) We shall see.

Therefore, go on and pound your chest, and brag on your might. I'm sure there will be another single mech with a quirk that will offer a challenge and the QQ will go up about it till PGI gives in and nerfs it away to dry the tears of so many cheese addicts.

Let's be honest with ourselves. This is not a game of skill. This is a game about exploiting the designers and flaws and rules in their game for personal advantage.

"We know the name of this game, and it sure isn't pugilism" Joe Gould (Cinderella Man)

One of the builds I use and have moderate success with. This was a solid match. The big fight starts about 6 minutes in.

Edited by Kjudoon, 05 March 2015 - 06:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users