112 replies to this topic

#1 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:40 AM

so basically this game is filled with 70% lrm spammers

played 10 matches today ... not even 1 win and saw 6 king crap lrmspamboats and 3 atlas lrmspamboats

whats the point of playing this game if u cant move without getting spammed by lrms .... its borring to play if u have to spend more than half the game hiding from lrms

i dont get it ... its not fun

and whats the point of playing big mechs... they are just asking to get rained upon by lrms

the only way to have fun in this game is to get the smalles and fastest mech there is

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 26 February 2015 - 05:41 AM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:45 AM

70% of the mechs in matches are LRM spammers, eh? That's a big arbitrary number to throw around. Care to back it up with screenshots, at least? ;)

King Crab can LRM quite effectively, I might add. Atlas-S less so, but capable enough.

Finally, most of my own games end within 8 minutes, even where there are LRMs in it.

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 26 February 2015 - 05:40 AM, said:

whats the point of playing this game if u cant move without getting spammed by lrms .... its borring to play if u have to spend more than half the game hiding from lrms

Actually LRMs are most effective against a team that does not move. If your team is not moving cause the enemy team has LRM boats, you are doing it wrong.

and whats the point of playing big mechs... they are just asking to get rained upon by lrms

the only way to have fun in this game is to get the smalles and fastest mech there is

I have over 400 matches in my Direwolf, and I rarely died to LRMs. Just gain more experience and memorize all the effective covers.

Edited by El Bandito, 26 February 2015 - 05:52 AM.

#3 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:47 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 February 2015 - 05:45 AM, said:

70% of the mechs in matches are LRM spammers, eh? That's a big arbitrary number to throw around. Care to back it up with screenshots, at least? ;)

if u screen shot every second ... that doesnt mean i do ...

but if u dont belive me ... when ur ingame just look at the sky and ull see how many easymode mechs there is

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 26 February 2015 - 05:48 AM.

#4 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:48 AM

Please do not tell other people which mech and which weapon they have to use. It is a game and people want to enjoy it.

#5 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:52 AM

The anecdotal data is strong with this one.

Heres a fix. Get better ELO brackets.

#6 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:53 AM

played 10 matches today ... not even 1 win and saw 6 king crap lrmspamboats and 3 atlas lrmspamboats

Posted Image

#7 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:55 AM

Move along, don't stop nothing to see here.

#8 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:56 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 26 February 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

if u screen shot every second ... that doesnt mean i do ...

but if u dont belive me ... when ur ingame just look at the sky and ull see how many easymode mechs there is

Yes, I do screenshot many of my games, and they prove to me that most games have around 2-3 dedicated LRM boats per team. Not 70% like you claim. Just play more, and you will know how to handle it.

View PostOtto Cannon, on 26 February 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah, the OP only joined the forums less than 10 days ago, so it is understandable that LRMs might feel scary as ****. He will learn how to deal with it, if he sticks long enough.

Edited by El Bandito, 26 February 2015 - 05:58 AM.

#9 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:58 AM

View PostVandul, on 26 February 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

The anecdotal data is strong with this one.

Heres a fix. Get better ELO brackets.

https://imgflip.com/i/i58q5

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 26 February 2015 - 05:59 AM.

#10 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:59 AM

Oh no... not another one, who has become the victim of the one weapon in MWO, that has the most countermeassures available against it.

Here are some hints for you:
- Radar depraviation
- Get below 180 meters. LRM boats usually don't have much secondary weaponry to defend themself.
- Look for ECM cover
- Equip AMS and advise others who complain about LRM to do the same
- Know the maps! If you know the maps well, you can move on them unafraid of dying to LRM. Yes, even on Alpine! There is plenty of cover on all of them and it is even in reach for slow moving Assaults.
- Don't try to hide! If you hide, the LRM player will simply look for a better firing position and keep shooting you.
- Kill the one who is spotting for the LRMs.

LRMs have a low damage to tonnage rating. They spread their damage all over the target. They are absolutly inefficient. Only if they are used in masses, do they have some sort of killing power. But any other weapon, boated in the same amount, would kill you even faster.

So stop crying and learn to play!

Edited by Egomane, 26 February 2015 - 06:01 AM.

#11 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:01 AM

False

bad players will be bad

Do you us AMS? Do you understand how cover works?Do you have Radar Derp?

This isnt COD where everyone uses the same weapons

So you want to use exploits...

Edited by mogs01gt, 26 February 2015 - 06:02 AM.

#12 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:03 AM

View PostEgomane, on 26 February 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

Oh no... not another one, who has become the victim of the one weapon in MWO, that has the most countermeassures available against it.

Here are some hints for you:
- Radar depraviation
- Get below 180 meters. LRM boats usually don't have much secondary weaponry to defend themself.
- Look for ECM cover
- Equip AMS and advise others who complain about LRM to do the same
- Know the maps! If you know the maps well, you can move on them unafraid of dying to LRM. Yes, even on Alpine! There is plenty of cover on all of them and it is even in reach for slow moving Assaults.
- Don't try to hide! If you hide, the LRM player will simply look for a better firing position and keep shooting you.
- Kill the one who is spotting for the LRMs.

LRMs have a low damage to tonnage rating. They spread their damage all over the target. They are absolutly inefficient. Only if they are used in masses, do they have some sort of killing power. But any other weapon, boated in the same amount, would kill you even faster.

So stop crying and learn to play!

so thats the reason why i can make 780 dmg on average with a lrm30 maddog ... low damage... yee

#13 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:04 AM

Yup. LRM's are only a problem until you learn to,deal with them, then,precious few LRM pilots are any kind of threat.

Nobody likes to hear it, but dealing with is entirely a L2P issue.

After newbie level play, using LRM's effectively if anything requires more skill AND a lot of luck. There's a reason you see few LRM's in higher level play. Too many counters that are out of your control.

#14 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:07 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 26 February 2015 - 06:01 AM, said:

False

bad players will be bad

Do you us AMS? Do you understand how cover works?Do you have Radar Derp?

This isnt COD where everyone uses the same weapons

So you want to use exploits...

i dont think im a bad player
http://i.imgur.com/QhxHE9l.png

and its not en exploit if the game gives me that option

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 February 2015 - 05:56 AM, said:

Yes, I do screenshot many of my games, and they prove to me that most games have around 2-3 dedicated LRM boats per team. Not 70% like you claim. Just play more, and you will know how to handle it.

Yeah, the OP only joined the forums less than 10 days ago, so it is understandable that LRMs might feel scary as ****. He will learn how to deal with it, if he sticks long enough.

or maybe this is a new account ... becouse u know... there is no way u can make money in this broken ass game

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 26 February 2015 - 06:08 AM.

#15 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:09 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 26 February 2015 - 06:03 AM, said:

so thats the reason why i can make 780 dmg on average with a lrm30 maddog ... low damage... yee
In newbie Elo maybe.

And damage is a poor indicator of performance. The vast majority of LRM damage is wasted, and your only "averaging" 780 damage with LRM's against pathetically bad players.

#16 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:09 AM

Then your option is very clear and simple: don't play the game.

#17 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:10 AM

So LRM's are okay when you use them, right? But not when other people do?

#18 generalazure

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

Depending on what the rest of your team does, either charge them or make your peeking game fast enough to avoid usable locks. And whatever you do, get rid of their spotters asap.

#19 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 26 February 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

i dont think im a bad player
http://i.imgur.com/QhxHE9l.png
or maybe this is a new account ... becouse u know... there is no way u can make money in this broken ass game

Ok, if your WLR and KDR is really as good as you claim, then you should not be even writing this thread. Are you here to troll? :huh:

#20 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:12 AM

And how much ammo do you need for that? How long do you need to keep firing to get that amount? You realize that, you can do a third of that damage and still be more effective then LRM, if you know how to aim at least adequatly?

That number is completly meaningless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users