Urbiequest

15 replies to this topic

#1 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

*** BOILERPLATE ***
Click the link and view it externally on youtube's site in HQ on full screen... otherwise you're not gonna get as much out of it (there's a lot of detail, so).

http://youtu.be/4EKy38qFuK8

Things to note... uhh... the idea is basically paroding BrodyQuest aesthetically, but storywise it's sort of a-Ha's "Take On Me" video, turned inside-out. If that sentence doesn't make sense then smoke a couple joints... might help.

I used Plague of Gripes' famous "Why BattleTech Sucks" animation from his youtube channel. It's clearly the part near the end. Obviously, also used Neil Cicierega's "BrodyQuest" song as well. And 2 images from "Take On Me". And... you get the point.

I didn't use an instrumental version of BrodyQuest, cuz, well, I thought it'd be a better homage and something to balance out the end, since Russ dominates the intro... it was either like this, or instrumental with the end part featuring a montage of Urbie killshots from in-game... but that'd mean I'd put this out after the mech released, so...

I couldn't find a better image of Russ, even though I could've pasted a HQ image of his head on a stock body... meh. Deal with it.

I don't have photoshop. I made this with MS Paint and Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13, which I bought last Friday for $50 on Amazon. So yeah, it's obvious I have very little skill at videos, the animation sucks and the images aren't cropped perfect... meh.

If you pause and look really closely, you'll spot some easter eggs hidden in some of the various background images, like say, scoreboard @ 0:21 ;)

Yes that is koreanese at the end. I miss him. He was really the best there was or will be. :(

Thank you for watching... any comments, criticism, or questions are welcome... and lets all look forward to seeing Urbies very soon! :)

PS - A similar description as above is available on the video's page itself (links to featured stuff etc.).

#2 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

Well, I liked it :)

#3 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:15 PM

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really enjoyed seeing some of my art in there, NICE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

#4 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:23 PM

View Postmaxoconnor, on 04 March 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really enjoyed seeing some of my art in there, NICE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Posted Image

Thank you sir, for your vital contribution, and for your words... I spent a couple hours looking for some images of Urbie and whatnot, this was best I could do... I think I put 30 hours or so into this project, but a lot of that was 'teaching' myself things like animation, hunting for the right images, etc...

#5 Candyman

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

Well.. that's 4 minutes of my life that could of had better days....

BUT URBIES!

#6 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:30 PM

Dammit... I forgot to put a hit marker on Urbie when Russ shoots him with the Nerf gun..!

Oh well, I'll use copious amounts of those anyways when I do a "MLG montage parody" type of video sooner or later. :P

#7 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:31 PM

Well, in contrast that was the best 4 minutes of my day! So I guess it balances out in the end.

So entertaining! Nice work, Soy!

#8 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

Once you watch the original Brodyquest, you realize just how hilarious this video is. I love how Russ is walking through arctic wastelands to the PGI office because they live in Canada, that was one of the best parts!

Good job! It's pretty hilarious and the amateur editing is appropriate given how Brodyquest looks, so don't worry about the final product, it's really good.

Edited by Pezzer, 04 March 2015 - 02:35 PM.

#9 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for your contribution. It was entertaining.

#10 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFrom Safety To Where?

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:48 PM

what.

what did i.
what.

wha

#11 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

Your Urbie love will not be forgoten sir. Thank you very munch for making this video, each time I'm reminded of Urbie - life get just a little better. :)

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:12 PM

View PostSoy, on 04 March 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Yes that is koreanese at the end. I miss him. He was really the best there was or will be. :(

Thank you for watching... any comments, criticism, or questions are welcome... and lets all look forward to seeing Urbies very soon! :)

Nice. Really like the shout out to Koreanese. Not only the best guy I fought against and beside, but at least I never found him to need to act the DBag unlike certain others folks that shall remain unnamed. Even during tournaments he never had to resort to cheap tactics.

Learned a lot about how to Hunchback from him, and it was always a (rare) highlight to a match if I could get a kill on him. I do miss seeing that guy around.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 04 March 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#13 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

He was easily most dominant player that I've ever seen, whose humility equaled his skill. In any game. Ever.

I hope one day he returns to play. If not, judging by his disposition and attitude, I'm sure he's owning life or whatever the hell it is he's doing.

#14 IronChance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:27 PM

Nice job, Soy. Really came together well.

I still don't plan on touching an urbie with a hundred foot Victor arm with actuating grip, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

#15 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:55 PM

Thanks mate, especially for lettin me run the idea past you early on when I wasn't sure how to even do it...

...now it's time to get back to snappin necks and cashin checks in game. I've barely played past couple weeks even though I built a new PC just to own this game again! xD

Edited by Soy, 04 March 2015 - 06:56 PM.

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostSoy, on 04 March 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

He was easily most dominant player that I've ever seen, whose humility equaled his skill. In any game. Ever.

I hope one day he returns to play. If not, judging by his disposition and attitude, I'm sure he's owning life or whatever the hell it is he's doing.

Lives hard and plays hard. I know he's a tech diver, which is a field that leaves little room for error. Probably why he never needed to primp and preen in game.... speaking as a fellow diver, IRL he has bigger ones than 99% of the comp players could ever hope for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users