168 replies to this topic

#141 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:42 AM

Those antelope antennae on the Zeus are going to reveal it behind a hill well before the pilot pokes his cockpit over to see what's going on. I sure hope they are not part of the CT, or any part of the mech for that matter, or there will be a lot of QQ on the forums. Can you imagine getting cored without ever peaking over a hill?

#142 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

Quad PPC HopTarts incoming.

#143 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:24 AM

If the Zeus has a nicely sized torso, and pgi has been slowly redoing and editing some of the older chassis to match newer ones, I expect to see the Awesome lose some weight by the end of the summer!

Edited by Skyrider1746, 07 March 2015 - 11:24 AM.

#144 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:31 AM

I'm curious as to why the Grasshopper 5N doesn't have PPC velocity. Also wondering why none of the Grasshoppers have energy range quirks. Other than that though, I'm liking the quirks so far. Them armour buffs. They also both look really freaking sexy. Nice job with the mech designs PGI o7

View PostMadLibrarian, on 07 March 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

Quad PPC HopTarts incoming.

Why quad PPCs? It won't be an issue because people would've done it on the Cataphract 3D already. Just do an XL325 with 2 PPCs and 6 Medium Lasers with like... 19 DHS and 2 JJs near max armour

Edited by JujuShinobi, 08 March 2015 - 01:53 AM.

#145 Tarzilman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:20 AM

View PostSkyrider1746, on 07 March 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

If the Zeus has a nicely sized torso, and pgi has been slowly redoing and editing some of the older chassis to match newer ones, I expect to see the Awesome lose some weight by the end of the summer!

Please don't raise false hopes.
That would be so marvelous!
Posted Image

But concerning a statement Russ said in the last THM that there would be some changes to several chassis (the tough ones at the end), your assumption could be right.

Edited by Tarzilman, 08 March 2015 - 02:36 AM.

#146 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:26 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 05 March 2015 - 06:45 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

March 17th is nearly here, and so are the final two 'Mechs from the Resistance Pack!

We have sneak peek screenshots of the Grasshopper and Zeus for you! You can also check out the Quirks at the bottom of this post!

Here's the Grasshopper GHR-5J{R}, showing off its unique Resistance Pattern and Geometry!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Here's the Zeus ZEU-6S {R}, also showing off its unique Resistance Pattern and Geometry!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Quirks!

Zeus ZEU-6S{R} and ZEU-6S
Spoiler

Zeus ZEU-6T
Spoiler

Zeus ZEU-9S
Spoiler

Grasshopper GHR-5J{R} and GHR-5J
Spoiler

Grasshopper GHR-5H
Spoiler

Grasshopper GHR-5N
Spoiler

Order your Resistance Collection now to get your unique Resistance Variant!

Now compare the two designs, the final version on my lack of armor in shoulders on the concept art version has more shields and this gives a greater volume to the shoulders and not forget that the mech is designed to be fast? If you can see if I'm right it was good for him to be a front line mech against the clan :P Also liked that tiveses with the camo concept art. Google translator

http://odanan.devian...plate-492459324

http://mwomercs.com/...224-zeus-plated

#147 HarlekinEO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts
  • Location36th Dieron Regulars

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:03 AM

The Zeus looked prettier in the teaser Pics. Im somewhat disappointed, doh!

#148 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:12 AM

One thing that would be interesting to know:

• Additional Armor (CT) +15
  • Additional Armor (LT) +17
  • Additional Armor (RT) +17
  • Additional Armor (LL) +17
  • Additional Armor (RL) +17

How are the additional armor values split between front- and backarmor?
Or are the Armor-Quirks just more points to be distributed by the player himself?

#149 Ashrahm

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

im sorry, but i know the increase to armor is proportionate. but golly. thats a ton of armor for a new mech right out the get go.

actually more like +3 tons of free armor.

#150 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:27 AM

I sure hope Awesomes will get that level of armor buff as well; they were meant to be better armored than the Zeus.

#151 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostMatthew Ace, on 09 March 2015 - 06:27 AM, said:

I sure hope Awesomes will get that level of armor buff as well; they were meant to be better armored than the Zeus.

The difference between the armor "Awesome vs Zeus" and your year of production and for what purpose it was designed but the PGI must study the two mech to do a good design and a good quirks. Do not you think? A note and the Awesomes older than Zeus. ;)

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Awesome

vs

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zeus

#152 Pissybird

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

I am pretty underwhelmed by the quirks for these mechs.
The GHR-5H are essentially bigger, slower, less maneuverable, more easily targeted hitbox versions of the Firestarters with quirks that are similar but weaker. No medium/medium pulse laser range bonuses anywhere.
Since the Grasshoppers are essentially energy mechs can we not waste quirks on the sole single slot head LRM-5, those things are more liability than anything else with no real upgrade path and the ammo is more of a liability than anything else.
What I would like to see is see the GHR-5J be more of an energy generalist. Give it a 12.5 percent cooldown bonus, a 10 percent energy range bonus, and a 15 percent energy heat generation bonus. No specifc weapon bonus.
Make the 5H more of a brawler with better bonuses to medium and medium pulse laser range and cooldown with better manneuverability.
Make the 5N an energy sniper range bonuses for ER PPC/ER LL/PPC, Velocity bonuses for the PPC/ER PPC, and like a 12.5 heat generation debuff for those 3 weapons.

The ZEU-6S with is quirk towards forcing AC/5 builds since its only other bonus is to missile range for the sole missile launcher hardpoint while ignoring the 4 energy hardpoints. Since those ballistics are both in the same arm why not drop the focus on the AC/5 and just make the ballistic better overall? You can't fit 2 AC/10s or AC/20 in the same arm and then players have more options.
The ZEU-9S with 7 energy slot encourages extended range large lasers with cooldown and long range bonuses but has nothing for heat efficiency while by default mounting 4 medium pulse lasers. Can we swap out that missile bonus for a 10 percent medium pulse laser heat bonus so this thing can brawl?

The ZEU-6T is a cross missile PPC platform with range bonuses and cooldowns with still nothinig for heat dissipation and encourages long range sniping. These quirked ranges still don't put these weapons on par with Clan weapons and doing long range sniping with them is still a losing proposition. How about dropping the PPC bonus all together and give me something neat like a 33 percent bonus to LRM flight speed?

#153 Robomomo2000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 138 posts
  • LocationInvader class warship

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:39 PM

The Zues looks great! I expected the Grasshopper to be a little thinner, but it still looks good.

Although, -_- the Zues'es foot is in the ground on the second picture... oh, why can't our mechs conform to the terrain!?

#154 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 520 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:54 PM

Not impressed by these quirks. I shall reserve judgement until I see them on the battlefield. If I saw these quirks beforehand, I probably would not have bought them.

#155 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:51 PM

I reserve judgement until the mechs are in the field, grasshopper will be versatile anyway, but the zeus may not really have a place on the field, not when the victor can take similar loadouts and jump. Id love to run a zeus, so maybe there are builds that will crop up out there, but its clear they wont be using the quirks.

#156 Johnny Two Legs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:52 PM

I think that players forget that Quirks are there to improve a mech, to make it more 'competitive' or comparable to other similar mechs.
I wonder if PGI forgets this too.
I can only hope, that the Grasshopper doesn't get all the excellent range and duration quirks as it doesn't need them.
Looks like they also went with durability quirks instead - do provide a differentiation to other mechs. If there are many similar mechs with similar energy quirks then what's the point of quirks providing a balance or differentiation..?

I'm feeling positive about this mech - it's going to be very durable, it looks like it's going to be a STD engine 70t laser mech with great survive-ability and mobility - just like it is on in the fluff and on TT.

J2L

Edited by Johnny Two Legs, 09 March 2015 - 10:52 PM.

#157 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:17 AM

View PostK19, on 09 March 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

The difference between the armor "Awesome vs Zeus" and your year of production and for what purpose it was designed but the PGI must study the two mech to do a good design and a good quirks. Do not you think? A note and the Awesomes older than Zeus. ;)

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Awesome

vs

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zeus

Say what? I'm having trouble understanding your phrasing. Genuine question.

My understanding is that firstly, you are saying there are Zeus variants better armored than Awesomes. My counterpoint is that at the very least, there are no variants of Zeus at this point in the timeline.

The alternative? The Zeus overall design allows them to better understand what else the Awesome needs.

Another thing I am understanding is that the quirks on the Zeus is that way because it is more recent in terms of being introduced to MWO. PGI learning from their previous mech design (hitbox sizes included), quirk attempts and all. I am not saying the Zeus doesn't deserve the armor quirks, and am in fact looking forward to seeing it in play. Hopefully pass 2 changes something for the Awesome in a similar vein to Zeus armor quirks.

Edited by Matthew Ace, 10 March 2015 - 02:20 AM.

#158 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:22 AM

View PostEns, on 09 March 2015 - 06:12 AM, said:

One thing that would be interesting to know:

How are the additional armor values split between front- and backarmor?
Or are the Armor-Quirks just more points to be distributed by the player himself?

Likely front loaded unless specified to be Rears.

#159 Iothil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMan-at-Arms' couch...

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostMatthew Ace, on 10 March 2015 - 02:22 AM, said:

Likely front loaded unless specified to be Rears.

I guess they will just be added in form of distributable armor slots, otherwise the perk would rather state (LTF +x/ LTR +y) instead of (LT+x). But yeah, clarification on that matter would be awesome.

#160 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostMatthew Ace, on 10 March 2015 - 02:17 AM, said:

Say what? I'm having trouble understanding your phrasing. Genuine question.

My understanding is that firstly, you are saying there are Zeus variants better armored than Awesomes. My counterpoint is that at the very least, there are no variants of Zeus at this point in the timeline.

The alternative? The Zeus overall design allows them to better understand what else the Awesome needs.

Another thing I am understanding is that the quirks on the Zeus is that way because it is more recent in terms of being introduced to MWO. PGI learning from their previous mech design (hitbox sizes included), quirk attempts and all. I am not saying the Zeus doesn't deserve the armor quirks, and am in fact looking forward to seeing it in play. Hopefully pass 2 changes something for the Awesome in a similar vein to Zeus armor quirks.

I used the google translator and sometimes does not translate too well. The issue was the comparison between the two mechs Awesome and Zeus because in the history of Battletech they have their differences. As the PGI will do the Zeus to be a big mech and not for a few months from becoming obsolete as Victor Highlander. PGI and know our money and fly. <_<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users