#41 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:19 AM

Why not come back and try?

It doesn't cost you anything. Download the client while at work or out to eat. Install, play a few matches, see how you feel.

#42 A Large Infant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:11 AM

You should come back while this game is still in operation, because it is going to be your last chance to play MechWarrior in any fashion in a long time.

PGI has set MWO on a one-way trip to the ground so I recommend you get your first-person BattleTech fix while you still have something besides bots to shoot at.

#43 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:20 AM

View PostYosharian, on 06 March 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

The only thing I'm currently unhappy with is performance. Game still runs like ****. I have a good rig and I barely scrape 45 FPS in fights.

Strange I switch from a i5 Intel with a nvidia 2gb card to a AMD FX processor and low end ATI 1gb card and my performance increased at least 45%.
The ATI card I use now is played on high setting.
Couldn't do that with my old i5 rig.

#44 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:55 AM

I've also noticed none of the old computer problems I had "back in the day". The game was on the high end, graphically then. It chugged, but now it's much faster.

Still looks good, some of the textures are a bit muddy up close (my pilots clothes, my dragons CT hood), just minor stuff imo, nit-picky. I'd love a "second pass" but-- Content >> Graphics. Just ask Notch next time you're by his $80million Malibu home.

Edited by RoboPatton, 10 March 2015 - 08:18 AM.

#45 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:44 AM

Cannot find anything more engaging than playing MWO with my Unit.

#46 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostMeeso Thorny, on 10 March 2015 - 04:11 AM, said:

You should come back while this game is still in operation, because it is going to be your last chance to play MechWarrior in any fashion in a long time.

PGI has set MWO on a one-way trip to the ground so I recommend you get your first-person BattleTech fix while you still have something besides bots to shoot at.

Heh. People have been forecasting the shutdown of PGI's servers for what, two years now?

This game probably has at least two remaining years of prerelease packs' worth of popular mechs before it needs to find other sources of revenue. By then, they'll be into single-player DLC and tapping into a market they haven't even touched yet.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 10 March 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#47 and zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 461 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

Im also considering returning. Can someone tell me if they added any new gamemodes? I know CW is here. But last I played it was just assault, conquest, and TDM...which all basically played like TDM because pgi did a bad job designing the modes. Every match played out exactly like the last, and on top of the other issues the game had then, it was just terribly boring. So, are there new/improved game modes that actually give some variance to the play on each map?

Thank you.

#48 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:13 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 07 March 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

the game isn't a finished product yet but development is coming along fine.

Posted Image

People say the pace is glacial because they aren't familiar with game development, a normal development period before release is 3-6 years, MWO is still well inside of that timeframe.

Posted Image

So if you want to enjoy the latter half of developing the game you should come back now, if want to wait for a product comparable to a full AAA title you should wait for a couple years.

Posted Image

Edited by Lindonius, 10 March 2015 - 08:14 PM.

#49 A Large Infant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:17 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 10 March 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Heh. People have been forecasting the shutdown of PGI's servers for what, two years now?

This game probably has at least two remaining years of prerelease packs' worth of popular mechs before it needs to find other sources of revenue. By then, they'll be into single-player DLC and tapping into a market they haven't even touched yet.

Someone has to buy those packs. They have to perceive a use for them, which they will not, because they will have moved on, because since closed beta PGI has removed more features than they have introduced and the "Every mode is deathmatch" glorified arena deathball game we are playing gets boring sooner or later

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users