Solaris Mode

Gameplay

65 replies to this topic

#41 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostFupDup, on 06 March 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

There should be a betting system where spectators put their spacebucks and/or GXP and/or other currencies on the line when they predict who will win the fight.

I'd like this, but it would probably run into legal problems given that CBills can be bought for real cash.

#42 Senor Cataclysmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 06 March 2015 - 11:01 PM, said:

The best thing about Solaris is there wont be any easy mode Omni mechs. The Clan pilots have been saying they dont want them balanced because "they are supposed to be better" and want 10 v 12 instead. Fine no easy mode mechs on Solaris. Will be a welcome change.

Or maybe it will be Clan vrs Clan only on Solaris rather than easy mode omni mechs making more creds in the public queue and easy street on the star map. They can get in the cheese crows and pack some cstreak 6's run around at 110 kph in their bugged hit box omni mechs and play blindfolded since they dont have to aim. :)

Dude, "easy mode" omnimechs aren't all that. I'm pretty sure a lot of clanners would trade omni for the ability to swap engines & structure. The way omnimechs have been implemented means theyre actually *less* convenient & customisable than battlemechs... The only reason "clamsOP" is because of outliers like the Timberwolf & Crow.

I'll be playing solaris in my Hunchbacks, but on the subject of Clan v Clan I'd like to see game-modes based on different trials in the fullness of time. Grand Melee anyone?

Edited by Senor Cataclysmo, 07 March 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#43 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 06 March 2015 - 11:01 PM, said:

The best thing about Solaris is there wont be any easy mode Omni mechs. The Clan pilots have been saying they dont want them balanced because "they are supposed to be better" and want 10 v 12 instead. Fine no easy mode mechs on Solaris. Will be a welcome change.

Or maybe it will be Clan vrs Clan only on Solaris rather than easy mode omni mechs making more creds in the public queue and easy street on the star map. They can get in the cheese crows and pack some cstreak 6's run around at 110 kph in their bugged hit box omni mechs and play blindfolded since they dont have to aim. :)

If it's an "every man for himself" furball, why would it even matter? In a 24-way match, how long can an armed-to-the-teeth Direwolf really last?

#44 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 06 March 2015 - 11:09 PM, said:

I'm looking forward to Skill Only 1 on 1 matches. Totally identical 'mechs down to the last point of armor and its location. If both 'mechs are exactly the same, then only Skill will matter. Winning it would actually be something to brag about!

I'm of the opposite mind. I want a 24-player (or more) last-man-standing, no-holds-barred, winner-takes-all mode. I want the winner to be the nastiest, sneakiest, most underhanded backstabbing MFer. <maniacal :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:>

#45 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

I really hope the at least provide the option for gambling in certain matches. It really will generate interest in playing and spectating. Also let the house take a vig it would provide a perfectly acceptable c-bill sink for the game.

#46 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

So what you're saying is that PGI realized heavy gear is in development, and they want a piece of the gladiator pie?

#47 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostMystere, on 07 March 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

I'm of the opposite mind. I want a 24-player (or more) last-man-standing, no-holds-barred, winner-takes-all mode. I want the winner to be the nastiest, sneakiest, most underhanded backstabbing MFer. <maniacal :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:>

Why not both!? :D

#48 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 07 March 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

So what you're saying is that PGI realized heavy gear is in development, and they want a piece of the gladiator pie?

That depends which came first? Heavy Gear or Solaris? If it was Solaris then I would say Heavy Gear wants a piece of the Solaris Pie. Dont mess with Solaris Pie, its that good.

#49 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 07 March 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

Why not both!? :D

Because in the end ...

<You made that too easy. :D>

#50 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 06 March 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

Hopefully Solaris (unlimited customization) is the harbinger of Stock Mode. ;)

I'd like to see them do a 1v1 mode with leaderboards and prizes for the uber competitive ... And maybe tweak CW more towards stock, if the game will bear it.

Right. . Cos stock mode will really bring in the punters, and PGI aren't already pandering to the niche battletech guys enough with cw.

/slow clap.

Edited by F4T 4L, 07 March 2015 - 02:23 PM.

#51 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 07 March 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

That depends which came first? Heavy Gear or Solaris? If it was Solaris then I would say Heavy Gear wants a piece of the Solaris Pie. Dont mess with Solaris Pie, its that good.

MWO avoided the historical 1v1 and arena combat because it wasn't popular in 2012. Heavy gear assault is all about the arena combat, and is set to be the next big robot thing, so PGI will scramble to imitate it.

#52 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

They do need a free for all skirmish mode :X

#53 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 07 March 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

No thats what you're saying.

#54 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 07 March 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

MWO avoided the historical 1v1 and arena combat because it wasn't popular in 2012. Heavy gear assault is all about the arena combat, and is set to be the next big robot thing, so PGI will scramble to imitate it.

Thats so weak I dont even want to bother replying. But I will. :) Solaris has been in Mechwarrior for years if not decades.

#55 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

View PostCoolant, on 07 March 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

Solaris, yea! But, no stock only option. Some of us despise it...
And some of us don't.

Key workd option.
Meaning you don't have to do it, it's an optional game mode, like CW and Pug queue.

Having Pug, Solaris, CW and Stock options gives us 4 game modes, each with a variety of sub-modes, which would be quite nice.

#56 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:00 AM

View PostOvion, on 07 March 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

And some of us don't.

Key workd option.
Meaning you don't have to do it, it's an optional game mode, like CW and Pug queue.

Having Pug, Solaris, CW and Stock options gives us 4 game modes, each with a variety of sub-modes, which would be quite nice.
You are right. Nevertheless Solaris should be something for the masses, not a niche mode like CW for the diehards. Sooner or later diehards leave and with no new customers...well, you get the picture

#57 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:54 AM

Yeah.

CW and Stock mode for the die hards / lore nuts.
Solaris, Pug Queue for the regular / casual / everyone.

#58 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:28 AM

View PostOvion, on 07 March 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

And some of us don't.

Key workd option.

I agree, you emphasized option, but it was what I intended. I have no issue with having as many options as possible to cater to the most number of Mechwarriors. In fact, I have someone in my unit that sometimes plays stock and enjoys it despite it usually having an underwhelming loadout. He has fun which is the most important thing, and it would be great to see those that enjoy playing stock on equal footing. I just don't want PGI to get the idea that Solaris should be only stock mechs. I was just putting my opinion out there for PGI to see.

#59 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostReitrix, on 07 March 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

Only if we get Boo sounds when we miss or overheat XD

Finally a use for voip.

#60 Reitrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostMystere, on 07 March 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

So a shut down Firestarter in the corner of the map who sweeps out when everyone is cored and he can one shot the entire arena?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users