Searching..loading.. Disconnected From Game Server

59 replies to this topic

#21 Lulz Kev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

View PostElizander, on 19 March 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

That's odd. I did not use a VPN to connect when I used my 32-bit OS and I was trying to use a VPN to see if it helped connecting with my 64-bit OS (didn't help). I'm just saying it might be the OS due to it working on my 32-bit. There might be a bug that messes it up with 64-bit from the last patch. I have also been playing on 64-bit but my troubles started around CW when it wouldn't let me join a CW match.

What location are you connecting to for your VPN?

Very weird. There doesn't seem to be much in common with all the people having this issue. Very weird indeed.

Currently setup for random location. However if I ever select a manual location its always Eastern US.

#22 Nailem

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:24 PM

Form what I have read all that are running win8.1 64 bit and one win7 64 bit are having this issue or will at some point. Elizander down graded to win7 32 bit and is now able to play. PGI I hope that helps you find out what the issue is it maybe something with 64 bit system and the game. the odd part is I (when I'm home) can play on my desk top which also runs Win 8.1 64 bit but my laptop (which I'm normally on and is also a win 8.1 64 bit) is what is having this issue... I will try a double install and see what happens. Thanks you for the information Elizander

Edited by Nailem, 19 March 2015 - 11:28 PM.

#23 Nailem

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:35 PM

I also want to say a BIG thank you to Alex. I'm sure just as we all have been wracking our brains trying to figure this out...so has he and his team. I am just like you guys upset that I cant enjoy this game like I want to but am keeping faith they can get it fixed and maybe get us some premium time resets. Thank you again Alex.

Edited by Nailem, 19 March 2015 - 11:36 PM.

#24 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

Well, Support finally got back to me with an apology. Apparently my original ticket was NEVER looked at and has been sitting in the que since Feb 28. They requested that I update them to see if the problem was still ongoing (It is) and E-mailed them back. "Hopefully" that means they'll start working on this as both I and the HHOD* want me to drop with them. First I couldn't play because my old PC sucked, and now this, I'm sure we all just want to play.

C'mon PGI, renew my faith in you guys and get this fixed.

*Head Hunters of Davion

#25 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

View PostNailem, on 19 March 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

I also want to say a BIG thank you to Alex. I'm sure just as we all have been wracking our brains trying to figure this out...so has he and his team. I am just like you guys upset that I cant enjoy this game like I want to but am keeping faith they can get it fixed and maybe get us some premium time resets. Thank you again Alex.

At least the Mech lab works and the Training so I can test builds. Mine "Seem" effective" but without getting into a actual match I can't tell. I thought they sucked initially, but that was on my old PC which didn't run MWO very well and was likely the cause. Really want to put my new PC through its Paces.

And if you're wondering, though I don't use it when faction dropping, I like using my Timberwolf for Pub drops, armed with 2 ER PPC's (Arms) and 4 Streak SRM 6's (set to Chain fire) and I think there a mandatory ER Small Laser on there somewhere, that never gets fired. :P. I did get into a match on the old PC with this build and considering how poorly the old PC ran I still managed a score of over 350 and I predict this can do much better.

My other favorite (And my #1 mech killer) is my Battlemaster, armed with 2 LRM 15's, 2 LRM 10's (w/8-12 tons of ammo and Artemis) and 4 Med Lasers. I typically also equip it with consoles for extended sensor range and faster lock ons. Even with the changes they've been making in MWO this mech still averages over 560-960 per match, and rarely kills fewer than 3 mechs.

And my most recent purchase which I haven't gotten to play with yet.. My GDL Locust... Yes, I even bought the locusts.. Yes, its an under used mech, but it was always a favorite in the tabletop game, my favorite being one i built that had 4 flamers and a Med laser and would run around the tabletop killing Atlases. I doub't I can make that build viable in MWO, but I'll think of something, as I really want to get good in the lil' guy.

#26 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:41 AM

I've had 0 problems with the game using my 32-bit Win 7 OS (using 32-bit client) and I've played quite a bit. I'm now trying to repatch a different client to 64-bit on my 64-bit 8.1 OS. I think I was previously using a 32-bit client on 64-bit so I'll see if it works, but it's currently making me download Applejack. :huh:

Posted Image

#27 Akazaki Masao

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:36 AM

I am having the same issue, I cannot connect to Pub matches OR Community Matches, and Rejoin fails to work, doing the same exact thing as normal matchmaking, bringing me to a "Connecting" screen for about two minutes promptly before returning me to the Mechlab and telling me I was disconnected from the game server. I was able to play it perfectly fine about six months ago, but now I cannot connect to the game however my mechs drop successfully into battle.

It is getting absolutely annoying now, and so far nothing has worked - I have tried the following fixes to no avail; added DNS ports 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4. I do have Hamachi on my computer, but am unsure if this is the issue. I also have Tunngle but I have that horrid atrocity disabled. I will attempt to uninstall both and will post my success or failure here.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit client.

NOTE: This was before AND after switching from a 32-bit client to a 64-bit client. The switch neither fixed, nor caused the problem to worsen.

UPDATE: Uninstalling both Tunngle and Hamachi did absolutely nothing to fix it. Will try reverting to a 32-bit client and will launch the repair client again.

UPDATE II: Reverting to the 32-bit client and using the repair tool to ensure files were in-order did not resolve the issue. I will try a clean reinstall before I give up completely.

UPDATE III: Tried a clean reinstall using the Powerful Uninstaller application to ensure nothing remained of MWO, as well as shredding any files that remained to absolutely no avail.

So I've officially given up. Thank you very much PGI, I guess I will not be buying an UrbanMech pack any time in the near future.

Edited by ShosaKiro, 28 March 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#28 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:55 PM

View PostShosaKiro, on 28 March 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

I am having the same issue, I cannot connect to Pub matches OR Community Matches, and Rejoin fails to work, doing the same exact thing as normal matchmaking, bringing me to a "Connecting" screen for about two minutes promptly before returning me to the Mechlab and telling me I was disconnected from the game server. I was able to play it perfectly fine about six months ago, but now I cannot connect to the game however my mechs drop successfully into battle.

It is getting absolutely annoying now, and so far nothing has worked - I have tried the following fixes to no avail; added DNS ports 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4. I do have Hamachi on my computer, but am unsure if this is the issue. I also have Tunngle but I have that horrid atrocity disabled. I will attempt to uninstall both and will post my success or failure here.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit client.

NOTE: This was before AND after switching from a 32-bit client to a 64-bit client. The switch neither fixed, nor caused the problem to worsen.

UPDATE: Uninstalling both Tunngle and Hamachi did absolutely nothing to fix it. Will try reverting to a 32-bit client and will launch the repair client again.

UPDATE II: Reverting to the 32-bit client and using the repair tool to ensure files were in-order did not resolve the issue. I will try a clean reinstall before I give up completely.

UPDATE III: Tried a clean reinstall using the Powerful Uninstaller application to ensure nothing remained of MWO, as well as shredding any files that remained to absolutely no avail.

So I've officially given up. Thank you very much PGI, I guess I will not be buying an UrbanMech pack any time in the near future.

Another thing we noticed is that VPNs and Proxies prevent you from connecting to matches and you will be returned to the mechlab. That might be another thing you can look into. I also have not tried running it with compatibility settings. I guess you can try to run the 32-bit client with different compatibility settings.

#29 Lulz Kev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:20 PM

Not true. I can't play unless i use a VPN.

#30 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:35 PM

View PostElizander, on 28 March 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

Another thing we noticed is that VPNs and Proxies prevent you from connecting to matches and you will be returned to the mechlab. That might be another thing you can look into. I also have not tried running it with compatibility settings. I guess you can try to run the 32-bit client with different compatibility settings.

View PostDTF Kev, on 30 March 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

Not true. I can't play unless i use a VPN.

Might be due to some vpn/proxies are blocking/filter the UDP packets for the actual game.

#31 Lulz Kev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

Still waiting to hear back from Alex.

I'm really getting tired of 300ping.

#32 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

Still nothing back since the last posting, if they're working on fixing it, then I'm the President of the United States... which I'm not, who'd wan't that job? I'm starting to think PGI has no intention on fixing the issue at all, not one member from PGI has even posted on this saying "We're working on it" nor have they even bothered to send me any other e-mail responses.I'm assuming we're all still having this issue?

#33 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:48 PM

Edit: Sent Another email to support, this time with a full DX Diag report, doubt I'll hear back anytime soon, but I'll keep you infomed. Original post for this slot removed as I was getting annoyed.

Edited by Nyte Kitsune, 10 April 2015 - 08:01 PM.

#34 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:27 PM

Guys, I do not work for PGI, but I am a Microsoft Application Development Silver Partner, and have been running a computer consulting company since 2002.

Users, I want to ask if you have disabled firewalls and antivirus and then tried to connect? This sounds to me like a blocked port.
Sysinternals has a tool called tcpview that will tell you which ports each program is using.

PGI, which ports are required for this game? I show 57140,49935, 49937 on local and 45461, 80 on remote.

#35 FuzzyGrizzly

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

Same issue here. Quit playing for about 3 months, hoping the issue would be resolved, no luck so far

#36 FuzzyGrizzly

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

Disregard my last. I was trying to play the 32 Bit version on windows 64 bit. Loaded the 64 bit version of MWO, no problems since.

#37 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:04 PM

Waiting to hear back from PGI again, will keep everyone informed, if you're still having this issue, keep posting, let PGI know you're having this issue by sending an email to support and posting on this thread otherwise they likely won't bother to fix it.

#38 Dagda Morr

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

I'm having this - don't see any point in buying any premium time or mechs if I can't rely on being able to get a game. Seems like a better use of my time to go play other games for a while and see if it improves in a month or two,

#39 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWashington state

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

im having this as well constant Disconnected from game server I get in to CW every 5 or 6 trys kicks me back to sign in password it started when i did the recommended repair tool before next patch
I thought we had to many tablets,computers going. I shut down all my kids stuff to see if that was it and nope still getting it .
I all so tried Razor game booster it shut down everything so your game plays better still the same thing.
Im glade my 60 day prime time is banked in steed of waisting it .

Really could use a patch to fix this I got a lot of money invested in this game I want to play with out the frustration .

Posted Image

#40 Helcries

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:37 AM

This just started for me. I did a clean install and was working great (minus crappy internet, and weak video card), then the patch hit yesterday. And when I woke up and patched this morning (2 files a bit over 300 megs) and now I have gotten into 2 games out of about 30 tries. Was working just fine until they did their patch yesterday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users