Searching..loading.. Disconnected From Game Server

59 replies to this topic

#41 Duilliath

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:06 PM

I just patched today, then got into exactly one match no problem. Directly after that I started having this same problem. I checked my firewalls and found that the windows firewall was on for some reason, so I turned it off(as I have a firewall with my AV suite), and have gotten into a couple matches in a row no problem.

Update: Worked ok for a couple days, but now it's acting up again. Windows firewall is still off, so the issue must be elsewhere.

Edited by Duilliath, 26 April 2015 - 06:23 AM.

#42 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:10 AM

Still no word back from them and I've tried reinstalling 3 more times now, even made sure my Firewall was off, nada. As far as I can tell PGI has no intention on bothering to look into this as its now been almost 2 months with only one response and that was for them to ask "Are you still having the problem?" Hmm... No.. It fixed itself... I just like sitting in the mech lab. Of course its not fixed you dolts, if you don't fix it it doesn't work.. simple!

#43 SpectreHD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:14 AM

I too have problems connecting to the game server. Can log into the mechbay fine.

But when I press join game, it searches fine but when it tries to connect, it just says connecting forever and just returns back to the mechbay with a disconnected from game server error message.

This happened on May 6th after the patch. I do not know if it worked on May 5th itself because I did not had the chance.

Was working fine before.

Using Windows 7 64bit which worked fine before.

Would be helpful if I can get the IP address of the game server so I can run a ping test.

Not happy as I have activated 30 days of premium time a week ago and now I cannot play. Don't make me play World of Tanks again...

Edited by SpectreHD, 07 May 2015 - 03:27 AM.

#44 SpectreHD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

Okay, fresh reinstall and still nothing. Can someone help?

#45 RED Smith

• Pip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:13 PM

I have also had this issue. I am also running Win 7 64bit. What I did to resolve it was to stop using the 64 bit client and use the 32bit client again. I have not had a problem since doing this. Not the best solution, but one that plays.

Try using the 32bit client.

#46 SpectreHD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:39 PM

View PostRED Smith, on 07 May 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

I have also had this issue. I am also running Win 7 64bit. What I did to resolve it was to stop using the 64 bit client and use the 32bit client again. I have not had a problem since doing this. Not the best solution, but one that plays.

Try using the 32bit client.

Hey, thanks for helping.

Unfortunately, I do not think it has anything to do with the client or the servers themselves but somewhere in between. I am losing packets like mad. It really saddens me because everything worked fine last week and it gone to crap this whole week. Now I cannot participate in the Founders weekend event.

Quite depressed about this.
Posted Image

#47 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:19 AM

Remember "net neutrality" is kicking in, which allows isp to monitor packets. they maybe blocking or reprioritizing your packets now. It is a total scam to protect against a problem that doesnt exists...and fight streaming.

Edited by MechregSurn, 08 May 2015 - 06:19 AM.

#48 SpectreHD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:59 AM

I thought net neutrality is the opposite of that. To ensure ISPs treat all users and such equally.

In any case, I am sad I cannot join in the Founders event this weekend, and annoyed that my premium time is going to waste.

Edited by SpectreHD, 08 May 2015 - 08:03 AM.

#49 Uller Phrost

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:44 PM

Well no founder events for me also

Disconnected from game server

mech In game

#50 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:01 PM

same here,, and Im running xp 32 bit,, it began just after the tukead event , right after the patch. Reinstalled fresh twice,, rebuild my net framework, cleaned my pc entirely. All other games work great, including Rift (another cry engine game). This is NOT related to OS, its networking I think, because I recall having to rebuild my net framework recently, but before that great big patch they issued a couple months back. That time rebuilding .NET Framework worked for the week of tukead, but the very next patch killed the game for good, have not got into a single drop since.

I fear PGI has no idea what they are doing with the cry engine, as my other cry engine games never crash, never need re-installing, and dont need a repair tool that just constantly downloads and installs the same bugged content time and again. I fear they will make as much money as they can then cut and run. I recomend people stop giving them money, this cannot end well for big spenders. PGI cannot even make a working automated crash report, and expect us to do the work for them. Bummer, I had high hopes.

Edited by DaangeroussDann, 23 May 2015 - 08:05 PM.

#51 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:24 PM

I am convinced that pgi has no one who can properly use , comprehend and write cry engine code. It always seems to come back to porting and networking for me. MWO actually conflicts with elements for Microsoft networking and firewalls from where I'm sitting. Unless they hire someone that can write clean code and create an automated error reporting system, it will only get worse.

#52 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:57 PM

Well, going on what? 3-4mo now, and still haven't heard anything more from PGI about fixing this, instead, they pump out more mechs... Nice.. glad to see the community matters to PGI.... NOT!

I am now regretting spending a dime on MWO due to the obvious inability to make the game accessible to those of us who have poured money into it and then completely ignore the issue. How hard is it to make a game that allows you to actually play it, If I just wanted to sit in the Mech Lab or in the Training Area then I'd simply make a game where thats all there was.

#53 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:49 PM

I got the game to work long enough to make rank 1 loyalty for clans today, kept getting kicked more and more often until it was hopeless. Constant "cry engine failure" errors popped up in groups during community warfare. now , after one night of dropping a few times in pugs and once or twice in cw,, I can't get back in CW.
Anyhow,, turning off ALL firewalls, on my pc and my router is what got it to work for a little while,, but its broken again, its just crappy coding I think. Because all fire walls are still off and now its yet another new error,, its just endless. The more PGI adds to the game, the less stable it becomes on my pc.
PS Rift and DDO are still working perfectly, so is movie streaming browsing. Its just MWO and PGI my computer has a problem with.

#54 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:55 PM

Same here, I can play any other game with no problems, WoW, SWToR, CO, STO all work fine, Its just MWO that won't run anymore, which sucks as I bought this new PC with MWO in mind and now can't even play it.

#55 jumpboots

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:03 AM

I am having this exact same issue after the most recent patch. I have not been able to get into a match for days now, disconnected and back to mechlab every time. Nothing on my end has changed, every other game works 100% etc.. Getting really tired of this, just dumped all my saved cbills on new mechs, bought mc to funnel all my piled up xp into them blah blah blah. Has anyone had any luck resolving this issue at all? I don't even get the occasional good connection, it's been zero matches since patch day, really frustrating!

#56 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:43 AM

Still not fixed, in fact I haven't heard back from PGI on this in quite some time. I constantly read their patch notes hoping they at least mention that they are aware of the issue and are working on it but all I see is mech related patches. Starting to think they either have no idea whats causing it, or are simply choosing not to do anything about it. Its now going on 6 months of not being able to play, Its sad that PGI hasn't even responded to this on the forums, yet they always say they are watching the forums.

If that's true, why hasn't one person from PGI even responded on this topic? They seem more than happy to post on the general forums, yet things go completely ignored here, makes me feel like I chose the wrong game/company to support.

#57 VATER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEYE OF TERROR

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:49 AM

Since the last patch I do have a similar problem. I am able to play Assault/Skirmish/Conquest just fine...as soon as I want to play CW it disconnects or crashes me to desktop.

...connecting...
...loading...

CRASH TO DESKTOP.

Trying to rejoin...CRASH TO DESKTOP.

It just happends with CW though....anyone else experienced this?

#58 DreadDjinn

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:38 PM

View PostVATER, on 22 June 2015 - 06:49 AM, said:

Since the last patch I do have a similar problem. I am able to play Assault/Skirmish/Conquest just fine...as soon as I want to play CW it disconnects or crashes me to desktop.

...connecting...
...loading...

CRASH TO DESKTOP.

Trying to rejoin...CRASH TO DESKTOP.

It just happends with CW though....anyone else experienced this?

Worse. I get this in all games, not just CW.

#59 GreasWonder

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:14 AM

With last patch I have same problem. "disconnected from game server" when mech in game. Reconnect, 2 min and again disconnect.

Anybody have any ideas?

#60 z MadButcher z

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 102 posts
  • LocationButchers Chop Shop

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:15 AM

I have it now as well. I have done everything possible on my end. Just waiting on my support ticket now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users