An Extremely Simple Suggestion For An Additional Cw Mode.

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like a new CW game mode? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want CW skirmish?

1. Yes. It's simple to implement. (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

2. No. It is not needed. (3 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. All our CW game modes needs objectives other than simple mayhem. (3 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Please get all the simple game modes for CW. Assault, Conquest and skirmish. (5 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

I suggest a normal skirmish mode is added to CW where the Clans are on one team and IS on the other.
Or IS vs IS and clan vs clan whenever that happens.
(Note that i'm not suggesting the current orbital defence cannon game mode to be scrapped.)

Simple and quick to implement. Why would i want that implemented?
Because i want to confront the clans on my own terms. I don't want to be distracted by objectives.
And i do a lot more damage in skirmish because i got a larger area to roam in (more about that below)
....yeah...i had a selfish reason afterall. XP

Not all the conflicts between IS and Clans can be about orbital defence cannons right?

Furthermore i feel so free to use my own tactics in skirmish mode.
But i feel like a monkey in a small cage with inward spikes whenever i play invasion.
No matter how many extra bananas you offer me to play invasion mode i still feel caged and suppressed.

Onwards.
Sometimes i do just as much damage with my single mech in skirmish as all 4 mechs in invasion.
Granted one of those invasion mechs is a heavy because of drop weight limits and i despise using those slow snails.

Why is there such a huge difference in damage potential per mech between the different game modes?

-Because the maps are big in invasion, but the area of conflict is restricted to a smaller area because of the gates.
Furthermore roughly half the map is occupied by territory outside the gates.

Defenders don't go outside the gates because of these obvious reasons.
- Outside the gates you can bite the attacking enemy in the buttocks yes, but the reinforcements could put you between the figurative hammer and anvil.
- Once outside the gates it's often hard to get back inside.

This makes the place we fight in even smaller. I estimate that we use only 20-40% of the area on each invasion map because of this.
Attacker get's through a gate. Area around gate becomes the area of conflict and it barelly moves at all.
Sure there are those who roam outside the main area of conflict such as snipers and LRM boats.

Smaller areas to fight in is death to lights since they have a harder time going anywhere without running in front of an enemy mech.
Thus all lights no matter which side they are on dies much much quicker than in other game modes.

As a matter of fact almost all players die more quickly because the conflict area is so tiny.
The quicker we die the less damage we do. That's my big problem in invasion mode.

Lot of players say clans are OP and that's why IS gets curbstomped in invasion mode, but that is not what we will be discussing here.
Whether that is true or not doesn't matter. Any mention of clan being OP is off topic. Period.
For the record i'm an IS light mech player who just can't find the clan light mechs....to my specifications.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 09 March 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#2 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:57 PM

I'm going to vote for adding all because currently CW is just assault on a few not very well planned maps. At least until they develop a sizeable chunk of maps and worthwhile objectives they should use the rest to the games advantage and at least make 1 of the planets anyone can attack/defend be the standard drop maps.

Even if its pick which mode seems or works out to be the best suited for whichever map or all conquest mode - not that I really care for the mode, its just the best suited current mode for what CW should be.

#3 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:26 PM

i dont understand people who focus on capp for conquest or assauts ... you play it like you shall play skirmish and you win or lose same ways..

Same for CW. Also this mode is needed only if people can't think be themself.

NB : Funny i vote one time each choice in your poll don't know it was possible...

Edited by Idealsuspect, 09 March 2015 - 05:28 PM.

#4 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

I just played CW counter attack and it's confirmed. I saw how tiny the conflict area is both in offense and defence.
Because it's such a small area the amount of time you survive in a CW match with 1 mech is probably less than half for an average player.

An average match in skirmish lasts 8-10 minutes. Most CW matches are over in 15-20 minutes?

Am i saying CW is unplayable or without it's share of fun? No.

Snipers are severely limited because of the gates and the rockwalls that are all over the place.
Snipers have a hard time relocating after firing because the tiny conflict area.

There are so many limitations with the current CW i can't put my finger on them all. Help me list them all please.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users