Banshee M Quirks

29 replies to this topic

#1 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:27 AM

Why did they take away the Lpulse quirks? I have no problem when they lower the stats, but completely delete them and gave the identical buffs like the S model?

I payd for a camo and bought the needed modules now I can't play with that mess, because it is useless for me. Is that a future business model, buffing something till you sold enough?

And thats not the only model where they did the same.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

They didn't entirely delete them, they made them (and especially heat gen, which is the most important) more generic (and slightly reduced). The 3S does not even have that all-important heat gen quirk, so it's false to say the quirks are identical. And it's silly to call the 3M useless. It's still a very good assault mech. Base it on 3LPL or 4LL. Either works well.

Edited by Terciel1976, 09 March 2015 - 07:44 AM.

#3 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:48 AM

Yeah, exactly. It used to have 15% LPL range/heat, now it has 10% generic range/heat - still viable, though i wish i could have my 15% back.

View PostTerciel1976, on 09 March 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

They didn't entirely delete them, they made them (and especially heat gen, which is the most important) more generic (and slightly reduced). The 3S does not even have that all-important heat gen quirk, so it's false to say the quirks are identical. And it's silly to call the 3M useless. It's still a very good assault mech. Base it on 3LPL or 4LL. Either works well.

Also, if you are a bit of a nutter like me you can run it with 5xLPL (+2x SL of course, sod using those belly slots for good weapons >_>). Best not to alpha them though.

#4 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:49 AM

Mechbay shows me no Lpulse quirks at all. They added 20% ppc velocity instead.

I understand why they did that with the wolverine, just overpowered, but with the banshee you had to run it with a XL engine to hold it cool.

Edited by Mainhunter, 09 March 2015 - 07:51 AM.

#5 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:51 AM

View PostMainhunter, on 09 March 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

Look at the generic energy quirks. Those apply to your LPLs.

A lot of IS LPL quirks got reduced/genericized because the IS LPL is actually pretty darn amazing even unquirked. The mechs with big LPL quirks were just crazy good. (And I love me some wubz, but I do understand why this happened)

#6 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostMainhunter, on 09 March 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

it USED to have:
7.5% Energy Range
7.5% LPL range
7.5% Energy Heat
7.5% LPL heat
10% Laser Duration

NOW it has
10% Energy Range
10% Energy Heat
10% Laser Duration
20% PPC Velocity (ignore this quirk. Belly mounted PPCs can sod right off)

See how that works? it DID lose the LPL specfic quirks, but in reality it only lost 5% to the actual VALUES

#7 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 09 March 2015 - 07:48 AM, said:

Also, if you are a bit of a nutter like me you can run it with 5xLPL (+2x SL of course, sod using those belly slots for good weapons >_>). Best not to alpha them though.

The "nutter" part is the XL you must be running. ;)

As soon as they drop a BNC bundle, I'm going to grab it and start messing with stuff like this on my second BNC-3M, though. Please, PGI, don't screw that bundle up and put the 3S in it...

Edited by Terciel1976, 09 March 2015 - 07:55 AM.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,929 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:55 AM

guess they decided they didnt like lp boats and wanted ppc boats instead.

i use 4mpl, and 2lpl quite effectively, even after the nerf. if anything i seem to overheat more, but it really doesnt effect combat that much, i just have to pull back when theres a heat warning and cool off. but then again the mp lasers run a bit cooler, so ive just been favoring the green over the blue unless range demands blue.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 March 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#9 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:56 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 09 March 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

The "nutter" part is the XL you must be running. ;)

The Banshee runs an XL surprisingly well actually. Far better than the Battlemaster imo. And playing with my group running a mech that goes sub 70 kph isnt a good idea, so...

Also this: soooo much ECM out there you very rarely get target boxes these days, and everyone assumes every banshee is a 3E with a STD so... they dont aim for STs ;)

Oh and you CAN run a 3M with 5xLPL and a STD 325, so theres that, too.....

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 09 March 2015 - 08:00 AM.

#10 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 09 March 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

The Banshee runs an XL surprisingly well actually. Far better than the Battlemaster imo. And playing with my group running a mech that goes sub 70 kph isnt a good idea, so...

Like I said, I'm going to try it...I'm just allergic to XL assaults because I kill them so easily, and almost never die in my BNCs until I've made the opposition take at least one side off.

CK likes speed, too. Silly clan mechs. :)

Edited by Terciel1976, 09 March 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#11 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

I was confused when PGI put a large pulse laser champion Banshee 3M in the game and then took away it's large pulse quirks. Without those quirks that build is pretty much useless since it was relying on them.

Edited by Lexx, 09 March 2015 - 08:03 AM.

#12 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

View PostLexx, on 09 March 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

I was confused when PGI put a large pulse laser champion Banshee 3M in the game and then took away it's large pulse quirks. Without those quirks that build is pretty much useless since it was relying on them.

If PGI releases a champion that works even when it's released, that's novel enough. (And I'd argue that one really didn't)

#13 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 09 March 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

it USED to have:
7.5% Energy Range
7.5% LPL range
7.5% Energy Heat
7.5% LPL heat
10% Laser Duration

NOW it has
10% Energy Range
10% Energy Heat
10% Laser Duration
20% PPC Velocity (ignore this quirk. Belly mounted PPCs can sod right off)

See how that works? it DID lose the LPL specfic quirks, but in reality it only lost 5% to the actual VALUES

Ok, then i mixed it up with the wolverine quirks, thought the M had cool down buffs too.

#14 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:09 AM

The quirks for the Hero variant are pretty intriguing if you're looking for LPL buffs.

AC/10 Cooldown20%
Ballistic Weapon Cooldown10%
AC/10 Range20%
Ballistic Weapon Range10%
Large Pulse Laser Heat Generation-20%
Energy Weapon Heat Generation-10%
Large Pulse Laser Range20%
Energy Weapon Range10%
PPC Velocity +20%

EDIT: Fixed formatting and messed around in Smurfy. Perhaps a decent sale will convince me to put this in my mech bay.

Edited by Voivode, 09 March 2015 - 08:12 AM.

#15 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,929 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 09 March 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

Also this: soooo much ECM out there you very rarely get target boxes these days, and everyone assumes every banshee is a 3E with a STD so... they dont aim for STs ;)

Oh and you CAN run a 3M with 5xLPL and a STD 325, so theres that, too.....

yea i run a 400xl in my 3m. its nice to be able to do 75 in a mech that usually gets 800+ damage a run. you just have to know how to turn and use those big useless arms as blast shields.

#16 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:23 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 09 March 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

They didn't entirely delete them, they made them (and especially heat gen, which is the most important) more generic (and slightly reduced).

They did remove them.

When they reduced the amounts and made them generic they also removed the mechanical incentive to run 7 ton weapons.

You're better off going with standard LLAS/ERLLAS and MLAS now.

Sure you can still run LPLs and MPLs, but build wise you get more overall out of the superior range and stacking of standard lasers - especially if you run a STD engine build.

#17 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:32 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 09 March 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

They did remove them.

When they reduced the amounts and made them generic they also removed the mechanical incentive to run 7 ton weapons.

Sure you can still run LPLs and MPLs, but build wise you get more overall out of the superior range and stacking of standard lasers - especially if you run a STD engine build.

Do you ONLY play CW? Because, unless you don't actually play the game at all, thats the only way i can make any sense of how constantly you over value range. In every single situation outside of CW and Alpine peaks it is trivial to make full use of a weapon with a 400m+ range. You need that much, but once you have that the important stats for laser weapons are damage per heat and duration. IS LPL has the 400m range (assuming module/quirk) and has easily the best damage per heat of any laser in the game, along with crazy good IS pulse duration. The only reason to use LLs/ERLLs over LPLs is if your particular chassis is quirked specifically for those weapons (Stalker 4N) or cant get the tonnage.

#18 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:33 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 09 March 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

They did remove them.

Negative..

LPL give you a shorter exposed time and more concentrated damage, because the beam is shorter.
LL give you less heat, ERLL give you more range, for heat increase.

they took off the LPL quirks and gave it genertirc quirks, so its no longer a one trick pony..

some people will cry over everything..

Roll on steam community..not..

Edited by Cathy, 09 March 2015 - 09:34 AM.

#19 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostCathy, on 09 March 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

Negative..

LPL give you a shorter exposed time and more concentrated damage, because the beam is shorter.
LL give you less heat, ERLL give you more range, for heat increase.

they took off the LPL quirks and gave it genertirc quirks, so its no longer a one trick pony..

some people will cry over everything..

Roll on steam community..not..

LL isnt even less heat - you could think that since its 2T lighter since you could add 2 DHS but like every single one of my IS assault builds runs out of crit slots for DHS stuffing anyway

#20 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:43 AM

Stop this thread before I cry and flip my ****.

And I dont give a ****. I still have 3 LPL, 5 MPL and it still wrecks face better than laser vomit.

It just pisses me off that they took my range. That 35 meters mattered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users