Allow Additional Armour With Ferro Fibrous

44 replies to this topic

Poll: Additional armour from FF? (106 member(s) have cast votes)

Like this plan?

1. yes (71 votes [66.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.98%

2. no sir I do not (35 votes [33.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 BerserX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 424 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

I voted yes, but I would like to suggest that ferro fibrous have a small multiplier instead (like maybe a 1.1 multiplier). Theoretically, If a 1.1 multiplier was implemented, a mech with 50 points of armor on a single component will take 55 points of damage before that portion of armor is eliminated. A multiplier similar to this should not break the game, in terms of existing metas or whatnot, but it will provide some sort of reason to actually use ferro fibrous (other than the fact that your light mech only needs 3-5 slots for weapons, so you might as well throw on ferro fibrous for the extra tonnage that you have no idea how to use without changing your build). This would also keep PGI from having to go against TT canon (aren't the armor values direct from the table top game?).

As a side note, you might consider adding an "other" option to your poll, and ask for feedback regarding this choice. While PGI may not want to implement your exact idea (due to canon restrictions or whatever), there may be others with ideas that can skirt around potential canonical or "game-breaking" issues. I've noticed that this helps to generate some really good ideas for balancing/implementing features, as it did in this poll of mine: http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

Just a suggestion.

#42 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

I am For this idea, it would add more variety and options to building mechs rather than the simply one upgrade being better than the other.

I am against the ideas of having ferrous fiber give a damage reduction or free additional hit points, cause then that is a straight buff to lights and mediums that can carry both endo and FF, and I don't think they need a buff.

The option to add additional armour points with the weight saved from FF balances itself out because if you want more armour you have to drop equipment to do so. That provided a very big difference between FF and endo, and would give more choice.

#43 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

I'm good with this for IS. For clan because it gets a greater weight savings combined with clan XL engine survivability I think not.

I'd also suggest giving an internal structure buff to mechs with STD structure and a CT structure buff for STD engines.

#44 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for making this forum vote/topic... I have thought about the same thing many times... there is no benefit to FF in this game. Only on lights... this game is so physics sloppy we shouldn't worry about "more bulkiness" discussions. ITS A VIRTUAL GAME. As players we should get some choices that are interesting/difficult... want more Armor? Go FF.. want more weapons? Go ES... these are the (simple/silly) choices that make this game fun for the players. PGI... its a simple change... lets go for it!

#45 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:04 AM

View PostAkoolPopTart, on 15 March 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

No. Play Armor Core Verdict Day and then come back and tell me how much you want armor buffs.

Armor is fine. The last thing I need is some dude in an Atlas that has so much damage resistance that taking him down needs to be a community event that takes more than 30 minutes to complete.

And im the opposite. Firepower is laughable, every heavy , even some medium, overpower atlassses. So give them at least 1000 armor. They should stay longer in fight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users