31 replies to this topic

#1 BravoRomeO

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNW Ohio

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:19 AM

I thought I heard something about the spread being reduced but I cant seem to find the info. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

It would be nice if they did that, because right now it's basically poop beyond about 200 meters. And even within that distance it's not very impressive.

My ® Enforcer actually performs quite a bit better with 3 ERLL instead of 2 ERLL + LB 10-X, despite having a whole bunch of LB 10-X quirks...

For faction differentiation, though, I think I'd prefer a pellet damage increase for the IS and spread reduction for Clans. The Clan version would be better at distance while the IS version would win brawls.

Edited by FupDup, 13 March 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#3 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:28 AM

I haven't heard anything. It is pretty sad though, I would like to see it improved.

CN9-D was one of my first mechs because I thought, "a mech with a shield and a shotgun? Whoa that's cool." Hehehehe back then the spread was RIDICULOUS.

#4 Redwo1f

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMaple Ridge, B.C. , Canada

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:30 AM

yes, the spread has been made tighter than what it use to be...that was done several months ago (can't find the info though :/ )...

...and I REALLY want to like the Lb-10x (and it still is okay if utilized as a secondary support weapon, but NOT as a primary)...the straw that broke the camel's back for me was hitting a retreating TimberWolf 4-5 times at 200 range in the backside and it still fully functioning just fine (not a single component blown off) - yet it if was 4-5 ac10 hits in the backside, would have been an entirely different story.

#5 Darlith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:19 AM

What I'd love to see for the LBX series is to have the spread somewhat dependant on the distance you are firing it at the time (you know the number under your retical), like the weapons has a computer set variable choke on it.

Not saying I want it to go to pinpoint for example if you have the infinity under your retical, but at least pull in the spread enough that 8 out of 10 pellets don't miss a heavy mech at the 600 meter "effective" range of the LB10-X. While at the same time making it spread a bunch when at 60m so it doesn't magically become a pinpoint weapon in close.

#6 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:42 AM

This thread inspires me to run this..
JM6-Crit Mech Crunch Cereal

But I'd have to drive it in a less than helpful manner, waiting for a bowl of Late Match Crit Mech Crunch Cereal.

#7 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostCygnusX7, on 13 March 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

This thread inspires me to run this..
JM6-Crit Mech Crunch Cereal

But I'd have to drive it in a less than helpful manner, waiting for a bowl of Late Match Crit Mech Crunch Cereal.

Lol, nice! I'll probably do the same thing in the Shadow Cat when it finally comes out :)

#8 Voq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

I've always had a soft spot for the LBX for some reason... but it's hard to have to admit that it's massively ineffective compared to the AC10...

I'd love to see it fixed somehow.

#9 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostVoq, on 13 March 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

I've always had a soft spot for the LBX for some reason... but it's hard to have to admit that it's massively ineffective compared to the AC10...

I'd love to see it fixed somehow.

It would be better if the critical hit system wasn't complete ass in this game.

#10 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostFupDup, on 13 March 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

It would be nice if they did that, because right now it's basically poop beyond about 200 meters

It's a friggin Shotgun round, for Christ's sake. What Shotgun do you know of, despite its peak range, is effective the farther it shoots out? (slug rounds don't count, remember we're keeping things within the realm of LB rounds).

What PGI needs to do if finally commit to changing the LB to change between slug and spread rounds as they said they would about 2 yrs ago.

#11 Piney II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

I must be nuts, but I've always liked the I.S LB10X. I have a Jager with two of them, four MGs and 2 MLs. It's deadly in a close-in brawl, especially when working with other heavies and assaults.

It's major fun and one of my favorite mechs. :D

#12 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostNovawrecker, on 13 March 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

It's a friggin Shotgun round, for Christ's sake. What Shotgun do you know of, despite its peak range, is effective the farther it shoots out? (slug rounds don't count, remember we're keeping things within the realm of LB rounds).

A shotgun that weighs 11,000 kilograms (24250.8 American pounds) designed for fighting targets like mechs and aerospace...

And it just hampers the weapon's viability in general by making it poopy. Infantry-carried boomsticks aren't really relevant here when we're driving giant stompy robots powered by the distilled essence of Space Magic™ itself.

View PostNovawrecker, on 13 March 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

What PGI needs to do if finally commit to changing the LB to change between slug and spread rounds as they said they would about 2 yrs ago.

Give them slug rounds and everybody will just use slugs and completely abandon clusters...not to mention making the regular AC/10 pointless unless they buffed it in some way at the same time (which is unlikely :(). Clusters need to be actually useful.

Edited by FupDup, 13 March 2015 - 12:11 PM.

#13 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

cluster rounds handy for snap shots, deflection shots, spiders and firestarters

#14 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostFupDup, on 13 March 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

A shotgun that weighs 11,000 kilograms (24250.8 American pounds) designed for fighting targets like mechs and aerospace...

And it just hampers the weapon's viability in general by making it poopy. Infantry-carried boomsticks aren't really relevant here when we're driving giant stompy robots powered by the distilled essence of Space Magic™ itself.

Wait, you're trying to bring logic into Mechwarrior? Get back to me when you realize we're talking about tech created in the 80's (you know, the era that LOVED to break almost ever law of physics, displayed mass shifting, and pulled magic chetoes out of people's @$$es).

View PostFupDup, on 13 March 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

Give them slug rounds and everybody will just use slugs and completely abandon clusters...not to mention making the regular AC/10 pointless unless they buffed it in some way at the same time (which is unlikely :(). Clusters need to be actually useful.

They were made to make the AC10 outdated. It's the reason other ammo types were made for the standard ACs. There is no reason why MWO cannot introduce several ammo types for the standard AC when they implement slug rounds for the LB.

Also, did they remove the crit bonus % LB rounds do in MWO? That's the reason to carry both rounds. Slugs to hurt, Clusters to crit internals as well as the following:

View PostCathy, on 13 March 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

cluster rounds handy for snap shots, deflection shots, spiders and firestarters

Edited by Novawrecker, 13 March 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#15 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

View PostNovawrecker, on 13 March 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

Wait, you're trying to bring logic into Mechwarrior? Get back to me when you realize we're talking about tech created in the 80's (you know, the era that LOVED to break almost ever law of physics, displayed mass shifting, and pulled magic chetoes out of people's @$$es).

I said Space Magic™ up above. :P

They were made to make the AC10 outdated.

Let's not go down the power creep road, because otherwise you'll have to remember things such as TT making all Clan tech directly superior to IS tech in all aspects...

It's the reason other ammo types were made for the standard ACs. There is no reason why MWO cannot introduce several ammo types for the standard AC when they implement slug rounds for the LB.

More ammo types didn't even succeed at that mission. Like half of them were gimmicks anyways. Plus, MWO can't even handle ammo switching, even if you did find a way to make those ammo types actually good in some way.

Just let the AC/10 itself have a bit faster of a cooldown or something.

Also, did they remove the crit bonus % LB rounds do in MWO? That's the reason to carry both rounds. Slugs to hurt, Clusters to crit internals as well as the following:

The spread out damage makes them actually sucky against internals. A pinpoint slug will currently destroy a body part faster than a sandblaster. A normal AC10 for example actually beats an LB 10-X cluster at taking down exposed internals right now.

#16 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

If the cluster rounds are still faster, they'll still be a better bet for long-range shots against moving targets.

I really don't see the whole 'AC10 is better than LBX' in practice. I mean, we have two enforcers that are almost identical excep that the AC10 one gets more energy hardpoints to go with it, and the LBX one still blows it out of the water. I elited the LBX enfrcer days ago, but the AC10 one is still crawling along... struggling to accomplish anything.

I eventually gave up last night and replaced it with a Gauss rifle. At least now it doesn't constantly overheat.

#17 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:05 PM

Please tighten the spread.

Its kinda silly that it gets wide enough to hit 3-4 components at once.

#18 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:32 PM

Just for kicks built a 4 lbx-10 dire. Its sick stupid. Crits like hell close in outside 200 not so much. Lights really hate it though and that's fun.

#19 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:45 PM

Wasn't it said that LBX cluster quirks are coming?

#20 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:28 AM

View PostFupDup, on 13 March 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

The spread out damage makes them actually sucky against internals. A pinpoint slug will currently destroy a body part faster than a sandblaster. A normal AC10 for example actually beats an LB 10-X cluster at taking down exposed internals right now.

Well, when you consider the higher critical chance and the critical damage bonus on the LB-10 X, that does tend to mean more damage to the structure than AC10 deals; you can do as much as 19 structure damage in 1 shot (on top of completely shredding everything inside that component) if you're really lucky.

That doesn't really make up for its downsides much though.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users