• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:50 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 14 March 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

Still better than Victor, Highlander, Awesome, Atlas and Battlemaster.

Not better then the Victor, not better then the Atlas, not better then the battlemaster....Awesome, yes. Awesome are the exact opposite of their namesake.

Edited by DarthRevis, 17 March 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#62 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:00 AM

Pretty sure now Garg becomes OP.....thanks to those awesome acc/decel quirks aaaaaand reverse speed!!!!
a la cicada!!!
and dakka quirks too!

PGI is trolling us for sure :D

#63 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:00 AM

I don't have any issues playing Gargoyle's

All 3 have 2.50 kill to death ratio.

Must be pilot error.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...72b3a9fc515f854

Perfect example of a working Gargoyle got 2 er ppc tight on one arm for a devastating 20 point pinpoint hit with 5 points of splash damage.

#64 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:21 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 14 March 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

Still better than Victor, Highlander, Awesome, Atlas and Battlemaster.

LOL what are you smoking I want some, if not smoking then have you stopping taking your pills because you really have no idear. I have all the above and let me tell you the IS mechs you mentioned are light years better then the Gargoyle and belive it or not I as a VERY bad player have a positive kill death ratio in the Gargoyle never mind the IS mechs so just keep on playing and you might get better, on the other hand if your the typical WoT player then alas there is no hope for you.

#65 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

I too am warming up to the Gargoyle. I have a 2.5 KDR (70/28) in my Prime and rising, and a 5.5 KDR in my D after mastering it.

I am actually excited to try some of these quirks. +10% accel / decel is handier than it sounds, and the structure and turn buffs will fix many of my beefs with the chassis.

The only reason people don't like it is because the Timber is an OP god mech, and everything pales in comparison to it.

#66 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

View PostGreenjulius, on 17 March 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

The only reason people don't like it is because the Timber is an OP god mech, and everything pales in comparison to it.

It's not the low mounted arms, or the incredibly large engine, or the mediocre hitboxes, nor the meagre amount of pod space.

It couldn't possibly the the lacklustre agility, despite the XL400 engine, the largest engine in the game.

It's especially not the use of Ferro instead of Endo, nor the blanket nerfs.

Edited by Mcgral18, 17 March 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#67 DasaDevil

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 17 March 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

It's not the low mounted arms, or the incredibly large engine, >or the mediocre hitboxes<, nor the meagre amount of pod space.

Alright, I'm gonna say false to this one. I've had absolutely no problem what so ever utilizing the Gargoyle effectively in CW. It tanks like a beast if you roll that damage properly. It's an excellent brawler mech when used effectively, and it is definitely hard to kill, but it's not so effective in the solo queue unless you really, REALLY rush with it. Proton has been using his Gargoyle like a maniac lately and he's shown that is very capable with the right build. It's just those "right builds" are very limited, or behind a paywall.

Edited by DasaDevil, 17 March 2015 - 11:55 AM.

#68 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostDasaDevil, on 17 March 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

Alright, I'm gonna say false to this one. I've had absolutely no problem what so ever utilizing the Gargoyle effectively in CW. It tanks like a beast if you roll that damage properly. It's an excellent brawler mech when used effectively, and it is definitely hard to kill, but it's not so effective in the solo queue unless you really, REALLY rush with it. Proton has been using his Gargoyle like a maniac lately and he's shown that is very capable with the right build. It's just those "right builds" are very limited, or behind a paywall.

Large CT, smaller STs. Mitigates the advantage of Clam XLs.

7 E hardpoints doesn't leave much room for options.

#69 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

quirks are a joke, the D's accel deccel is somewhat ok'ish?

#70 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:23 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 17 March 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

I too am warming up to the Gargoyle. I have a 2.5 KDR (70/28) in my Prime and rising, and a 5.5 KDR in my D after mastering it.

I am actually excited to try some of these quirks. +10% accel / decel is handier than it sounds, and the structure and turn buffs will fix many of my beefs with the chassis.

Hyberbole around here flies fast.

Its problem is that 5 tons north and 5 tons south of it are the #2 and #3 clan 'mechs in terms of available pod space while it sits in the middling area that while not as bad as the Stormcrow like many people like to proclaim (6 more locked DHS means it is 17t vs 20t, not 23 vs 20 like many try to say) is basically on Summoner/Hellbringer level despite weighing it at 80t. Add to that the silhouette of an Atlas with the armor values barely better than the Timberwolf's and well, there you have it. Not "useless" or "unplayable" by a long shot as I enjoy jumping into the regular queue boating 12 CSPLAS, 12 CERSLAS, 7-8 CERMLAS, etc and melting faces but when a team mate tries to bring one to CW I will tell them to change it to a Warhawk or Timberwolf every single time.

Edited by Kain Thul, 17 March 2015 - 12:24 PM.

#71 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

It's another one of those mechs that people have great matches in when they're the second person to every shootout, and who then vacate the area when the first person goes down in flames. Playing this way you can rack up big scores in the solo queue in almost any mech that has the hardpoints to mount enough weapons to make a couple of big alphas before you have to run away to cool off while they finish off your aggressive teammate.

#72 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostUrsh, on 17 March 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

It's another one of those mechs that people have great matches in when they're the second person to every shootout, and who then vacate the area when the first person goes down in flames. Playing this way you can rack up big scores in the solo queue in almost any mech that has the hardpoints to mount enough weapons to make a couple of big alphas before you have to run away to cool off while they finish off your aggressive teammate.

Ummm, no. Everytime I do 900-1200 in my Gargoyle it is because I am in a prolonged brawl but essentially never stop moving. It usually happens on colder maps like Frozen City and HPG for obvious reasons as well.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users