• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:01 PM

View PostWinterburn, on 15 March 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

Bottom line is animation quality went down. Saying that it's a designer choice is a lot like saying ME3 endings are an artistic choice. Ridiculous white-knighting.

At that point in history that was probably the most vomit inducing excuse I had ever heard out of a developer.

#162 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:45 PM

LOL glad I haven't given PGI money for robots since the overlord pack I regret buying... SPOT ON PERFECT!

Fact is the best mechs put in the game as far as scale and model quality (and looks wise till they went and changed that around and made it worse) were the four founders mechs, Been downhill ever since.

#163 DivideByZer0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

I am really concerned that the "PGI rennesance" is going to revert to their "rabbit hole interactive"/"jarhead games" days.

Edited by DivideByZer0, 15 March 2015 - 10:58 PM.

#164 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:08 PM

Its because of these things that i have completely lost any interest to put money into this game.

ive spend enough money already and i am glad that after wave 1 i have not wasted anymore money.

if PGI keeps up this track record i am sure more of their paying customers will stop the cash inflow.. maybe then they will start listening and get their heads around things

#165 DivideByZer0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 15 March 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

Its because of these things that i have completely lost any interest to put money into this game.

ive spend enough money already and i am glad that after wave 1 i have not wasted anymore money.

if PGI keeps up this track record i am sure more of their paying customers will stop the cash inflow.. maybe then they will start listening and get their heads around things

I have a really strong sense of deja-vu with this post....

#166 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:11 PM

View PostDivideByZer0, on 15 March 2015 - 11:09 PM, said:

I have a really strong sense of deja-vu with this post....

i did not get it... what do you mean?

#167 DivideByZer0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:29 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 15 March 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:

i did not get it... what do you mean?

I have just seen too many posts like this, nothing against you. Long story short, PGI probably won't change. They might say they will change and make the game better, but I really have yet to see anything other than new mechs over the last 3 years.

#168 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:39 PM

View PostDivideByZer0, on 15 March 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

I have just seen too many posts like this, nothing against you. Long story short, PGI probably won't change. They might say they will change and make the game better, but I really have yet to see anything other than new mechs over the last 3 years.

yup..thats why i stopped putting the money in to the game..cause i dont want mechs only in this game..for me the selling point is Maps...bigger, more diverse maps .

PGI not changing means the game will die a slow death...atleast i dont want a Mech based game like this one to die out :(

#169 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:45 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 14 March 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

I really think PGI NEEDS to go over EVERY single mech and resize them to a scale that would make sense, from Locusts to Atli (or Atlases, or whatever the plural of Atlas is)

But i know they won't do that.

What's funny is that might even give some chassis a new lease on life. Reducing the bloat would make them at least marginally more survivable in many cases.

#170 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:49 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 15 March 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

The only thing that would convince ME to throw money at the game, would be a Quad 'mech pack :lol:
Mechs like The Scorpion, Goliath, Tarantula!

Even if they end up being the bottom of the barrel cannon fodder.
Other than that. Not a chance. <_<

#171 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:54 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 15 March 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

The only thing that would convince ME to throw money at the game, would be a Quad 'mech pack :lol:

maps to small for it i would say..

#172 jayg20769

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:58 PM

One more thing that I don't think anybody mentioned was something I dearly missed from MW:3 and I think was sort of implemented in MW:4

Cockpit sway/lean (especially lean)

When I pilot any mech, especially the newer ones, the jittery motion of the cockpit feels like 2 bit gif cycling over and over, with no gravity to it. MW:4 was slightly guilty of this too, but that's probably attributed to the lack of detailed cockpits/ low fov.

MW:3 however, had extremely fluid swaying that felt very in time with the stomping of the feet. Not to mention that most people ITT agree that it also had most of everything that people are demanding to be improved.'

But the lack of lean is probably the most detaching feeling I get, especially when piloting small fast mechs. I remember slapping the biggest engine in a firefly in MW:3 and when I turned at full speed, the whole mech leaned into the corner, but only as much as I turned in. It wasn't an on/off kind of deal, but it gradually increased the lean angle, which was also dependant on the speed of the mech. At low speed, you would just see the ankles rotate.

However in MW:O, it feels like I'm on a roller coaster taking a flat curve.

#173 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:04 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 15 March 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

Of course, they've already said they have no capacity to animate a quad properly, hence none will show up.

Heck, they have enough trouble with bipedal models and clipping/poor animation now.

#174 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:13 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 March 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

But in MWO...

Posted Image

yeah well...but:

here the banshee is FAT!!!! compared to the old TT pics....where it´s only a bit taller than the hopper but also very slim

#175 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:19 AM

View PostEns, on 16 March 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

yeah well...but:

here the banshee is FAT!!!! compared to the old TT pics....where it´s only a bit taller than the hopper but also very slim

Yes, therefore we got this scaling. Although I hate to blame Alex, I think this could be his "fault" for drawing the Banshee that fat. But maybe they (Alex and PGI crew) are ok with that and think that they must not strictly follow the source material.

Edited by Hit the Deck, 16 March 2015 - 01:20 AM.

#176 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:22 AM

Remember everyone.

Minimally viable product.

#177 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:23 AM

yeah well...but:

So you want PGI to compound its folly by following the wrong scale for all the future mechs? Cause that would be quite idiotic.

Edited by El Bandito, 16 March 2015 - 01:23 AM.

#178 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:26 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 16 March 2015 - 01:23 AM, said:

So you want PGI to compound its folly by following the wrong scale for all the future mechs? Cause that would be quite idiotic.

No, I just wanted to point out that, initially, this could be caused by our beloved Alex' fault.

#179 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:28 AM

yeah well...but:

It is Bulkier not fat. The Banshee El posted looks like a rough customer to me. Your definition of fat is my definition of stocky.

#180 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:55 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 16 March 2015 - 01:23 AM, said:

No...and i really see your point

But who determines what IS the right scale? comparing this picture, the Hopper has slimmer legs, arms, everything....so the weight difference seems justified to me...even if it´s the same height.

If the Hopper will be fast and agile, with a decent torso twist speed, it will be a good mech nontheless.

I´m no TT pro...are there known numbers for height, width and stuff for any mechs in the scourcebooks?
If not, the creators of the old pictures just follwed their own imagination...just like alex did with his concept arts.

I´m not saying that there shouldn´t be some "rescaling" to some mechs, but i just don´t think the scaling is as bad as some people believe it is.
To me there´s no problem if a heavy is as big as an assault, if they have a notable difference in "volume" or "mass" or whatever you wanna call it :)

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users