Why Is My Match Score Always Lower When I Do More Damage

8 replies to this topic

#1 MysticLink

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

I do more damage, get more kills and assists in my Ilya then other mechs, like an Atlas or a hunchback, and they both get higher match scores then me. Why do other people get higher scores then me?

Why does that happen?

This is not once, this is the norm. I get most damage but I don't get the highest score, it's like 10 below theirs.

Edited by MysticLink, 14 March 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#2 PurpleNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

Karma.

#3 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

...Paulconomy...™?

#4 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

maybe you dont spam R and or use uavs and arti or tag alot of mechs with a weapon hit

#5 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

can't say not in the matches your in but if your out of lance formation, at the back not getting spotting scores, you'll get alot less than if your supporting your lance mates correctly

#6 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostCathy, on 14 March 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

can't say not in the matches your in but if your out of lance formation, at the back not getting spotting scores, you'll get alot less than if your supporting your lance mates correctly

Also not saying this is the OP's issue as I can't recall ever seeing him/her in game, but Cathy's post above is spot on.

#7 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:49 PM

Damage isn't everything for match score (although it is a large part). Try doing some of the things listed in this post: patch notes 1.3.345 (Rewards 2.0).

Edited by stjobe, 14 March 2015 - 12:50 PM.

#8 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:09 PM

If you're a Light mech, the use of the UAV helps to inflate the match score a bit.

Also, damage that isn't contributing to a "component loss" or even a "savior kill" probably doesn't help that score out too much.

Raw damage that doesn't actually destroy things has a tendency to not collect other bonuses.

#9 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:19 PM

If you're hiding behind your teammates, or behind hills lobbing LURMS at the enemy, you're not doing anything other than collecting damage. You need to be active and involved in order to collect they myriad of other possible points that are available.

You can collect ~10 points from a single well-placed UAV, for example, but you have to be in the right place at the right time to launch it. Spotting assists are pretty easy to collect, too, but again you have to be in the right place to do it. Neither of those can be collected very often if you're in the main blob.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users