#1 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:05 PM

I propose that when a MechWarrior blows hir Mech up due to an overheat, kill allocation, together with all the kill bonuses/penalties afforded to hir with the exception of 'Killing Shot' be awarded to the pilot who dealt the most damage to hir from the opposing team, regardless of whether ze is alive.

As a matter of doing the best for your team, it is most optimal, especially for pilots in Energy-based configurations, to get in one final shot before they die to enemy fire, as this does one last burst of damage to an enemy target on behalf of hir team. However, under the present system where kill allocation is not awarded, doing so may be seen as griefing the pilot attempting to destroy the heavily damaged Mech.

Doing this would make such forms of griefing impossible by definition, as the rewards are still given. A similar system can be applied to deaths due to running out of bounds - which may rarely be due to a last-ditch attempt to fight near the boundaries when in a heavily outnumbered situation.

At the moment it is difficult to get in the final shot without risking what appears to be griefing - and is possible only if the other team destroys the critically overheated Mech before it blows itself up.

Optional: In the event a player has taken no damage whatsoever from any other source, a pilot dying to overheat can be considered to have performed a team kill on hirself, and can be awarded the 'Team Kill' penalty.

Edited by Hayashi, 17 March 2015 - 11:12 PM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:42 AM

I like it.

Simply awarding kill credit to the person who'd get the Most Damage Dealt in cases where an enemy player didn't actually land the killing blow works just fine for me.

#3 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:15 AM

I don't think it should be counted as a TKer as no damage would have been dealt to the team however the enemy should gain 20,000 Cbills for an undamaged enemy going overheat boom.

I however do agree with the enemy getting credit for doing damage before the mech goes up do to overheat,

I will admit I overheat but that is because I am trying to hit an enemy that I cannot target even though they are right in front of me and I figured non-stop weapon attack would hit them or one of their teammates but never would I do it just to deprive them of a kill which is why I like most of your idea..

almost forgot I also do it when I cannot see someone attacking me and I cannot see them so I just attack every location I think of that it might be coming from.

I guess one could say I go 'berserk' to try and hit something ;)

pgi should also offer an eject/self destruct button for all modes in the game which should allow the enemy to gain c-bills regardless if they managed to destroy the mech.

Edited by VinJade, 18 March 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#4 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

TK C-Bill penalty for all of those, who kill themselves with overheating, no matter what were their intentions.
C-Bill award for every player in the team per each died enemy due overheating.
So, shortly, overheat more - penalty your team more, award enemy team even more so.
Solved.

Edited by DuoAngel, 18 March 2015 - 04:41 AM.

#5 Helaton

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationStar Captain, Star Wolves

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:25 AM

You can add this, but I will say that death by overheating should critical your reactor core and do AoE damage to anyone stuck nearby. The bigger the mech, the bigger the effect. It's been in other MW games. If the engine is heated to a certain level when you die, it goes critical.

#6 FerrolupisXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 502 posts
  • LocationCatapult Cockpit

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:48 AM

Engine explosions, aside from some optional experimental rules in table top, aren't canon. so i'd rather not see them

i do agree with Overheat kills going to whoever did most damage. right now there's a good chunk of people that do it as a big middle finger to the enemy, and it shouldn't be acceptable behavior. im tired of seeing a light run away from the enemy and fire their lasers into a wall enough to explode just do deny a kill to the enemy.

#7 Helaton

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationStar Captain, Star Wolves

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:19 AM

Didn't know that MWO was Canon. :rolleyes:

#8 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:42 AM

@Duo
I don't think there should be anything taken away.
to me I see it as nothing more than a different form of self destruction seeing as CW has SD in it and no one gets a penitently for it.

though when the engine is damaged and you lose a few heat sinks it tends to happen anyways.
so why should someone be penalized for that just because the refuse to shut down and become sitting ducks for however long it takes to restart?

though as I said before I never do it to deprive anyone a kill, just trying to attack whom I cannot see where the attack is coming from or for some reason my targeting system does not see the enemy as a threat even if it is right in front of me.

So I do my best to deal as much damage as I can.

adding the Self destruct/eject button and problem solved.

though those that dealt damage to the mech before it went up should get XP & C-bills..

Edited by VinJade, 18 March 2015 - 08:46 AM.

#9 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:31 AM

You are either a sitting duck or punished by C-Bills for cooking your mech off. The choice is yours. Overheating feature was clerly for balance purpose in this game, which is now totally removed with perma-override.

#10 FerrolupisXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 502 posts
  • LocationCatapult Cockpit

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostHelaton, on 18 March 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

Didn't know that MWO was Canon. :rolleyes:

sure, lots of stuff is slightly weird. but for the most part they haven't done anything too crazy. i just find engine overheats to be silly, i did in MW-3 and LL. they were added in MW-3 and LL copied them, seeing as LL is a fan made game. it just doesn't make sense. particularly when they're said to be unusual in much of the games fluff.

really, heat in this game should do three things: chance to cook ammo, chance to kill/knock out pilot, or chance to shutdown. obviously we have right now we have shutdowns, but they're largely avoidable unlike in tabletop where shutdowns were possible fairly low down the scale. none of the piloting skills exist, nor does ammo cooking. instead its a weird system of whoops my insides are melting. *shrug*

#11 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

@Duo
so you are sanying "want a few more hits against the enemy and refuse to shut down and become easily destroyed just so someone can get a kill, well screw you and lose C-bills as punishment for getting a few more hits in"

that's all I am seeing you saying.

you would rather allow teammates to target a enemy who cannot fight back and punish those that want to fight back instead of shutting down.

the only time anyone should get punished for losing some c-bills are those who lost no armor.

#12 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

I could go for this, especially since I've seen a lot of pilots running off and committing suicide away from the enemy by intentionally overheating to deprive the enemy of the kill.

#13 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:14 PM

I'd like to see this for out of bounds suicides as well

#14 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:19 AM

View PostVinJade, on 18 March 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

@Duo
so you are sanying "want a few more hits against the enemy and refuse to shut down and become easily destroyed just so someone can get a kill, well screw you and lose C-bills as punishment for getting a few more hits in"

The only thing I see here is "I want to shoot enemy all day long, that s**tty heat system doesn't allow it, screw it, remove it totally from the game". -_-
As I said - you are either a sitting duck with the chance to startup your mech once again your heat is low and a high chance to be killed by the enemy OR enjoy your punishment the other way. "Hell yeah! I'm gonna die in front of 12 enemy mechs anyway, why bother, rite?"

IF you lack in skill to control your heat - it's not a game issue, it's your own problem

Edited by DuoAngel, 19 March 2015 - 12:22 AM.

#15 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:14 AM

Look Duo I know how the Heat scale works and it is needed, hell even in the TT game you roll to avoid the shut down to try and get a few more hits in.

hell we seven see it in the books where the pilot keeps slapping the override for the auto shut down so they can keep fighting and some even lost their mechs(ones with Ammo).

as far as I am concerned Duo you are just hating those that want to fight on as long as they can before their mech goes up which is why I agree those that did enough damage should get money and exp for it.

in the end the real problem are the ECMs that prevent target even being 'see' by the TC even though they are right in front of the player and well within the range of LRMs, ER Large Laers, ER PPCs, ect and the only way to score a hit is to fire as fast as you can before they move behind something.

now I am against someone just going up as a middle finger to the attacker but that is not always the case.

Punishment should be dealt to those that haven't been damaged by any other unit.

as to running OB some do it because they have no weapons left due to out of ammo or just plain destroyed and people expect them to die by enemy fire but instead hide until time runs out making the match last longer than it should.

some of this can be solved by bailing out of their mechs after seting it to go boom, which would still give the enemy a chance to blow it up before it goes off on its own.

that would solve all problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users