So I Just Found Out How To Play A Laser Boat

12 replies to this topic

#1 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

...by setting a group of lasers to chain fire and just click as many as I like for the them to fire.

All this time I always took a note of how hot a given lazor group when fired is and was always monitoring my heat meter/scale in battle. No wonder my Timby lazor boat sux. It kicks ass now.

EDIT: just to make myself clear, let me make an example: I have a Timby with 2x C-LPL and 4x C-ERML. I set my weapon groups as follows:

1. Group: 4x C-ERML, left mouse button, set to chain fire
2. Group: 2x C-LPL, right mouse button, set to group fire

When I see an enemy, toggle arm lock and I right click to fire the C-LPLs and left click as fast as possible and as many as I want for the C-ERML to fire.

Edited by Hit the Deck, 16 March 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#2 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:07 AM

*smh*

#3 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:09 AM

In other news, sometimes people cry when they're happy. More relevant news at 11.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 16 March 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#4 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

Don't mind them Hit, They wanted that info to remain a secret so New player have to figure it out themselves. :P

#5 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:30 AM

I wasn't accustomed to this when I was still exclusively playing IS mechs because their lasers aren't as hot as the Clan's. I did chain fire before but in a literal way, which is chain fired one after the other and usually in the brink of shutdown.

#6 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 16 March 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

...by setting a group of lasers to chain fire and just click as many as I like for the them to fire.

All this time I always took a note of how hot a given lazor group when fired is and was always monitoring my heat meter/scale in battle. No wonder my Timby lazor boat sux. It kicks ass now.

I usually have my main groups, and an extra group set on chain fire for when things get toasty. That way, you can get flow of damage going instantly when you want, or mete it out over time if the situation calls for it.

#7 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 16 March 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

I go with two trigger set ups when doing that. One is the alpha, the other is on chain fire. I dislike moving my hand across the keyboard to disable/enable chain fire, or letting go of the mouse to hit chain fire button. I alpha for a while until the heat gets up, then chain fire till I cool down, then alpha a few times... rinse and repeat.

#8 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

I tend to have a separate group for a low heat salvo.

#9 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

You'd want that as a secondary group and not your primary.

It needlessly spreads damage when you're running cool.

#10 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

Remember OP, SPL boats dont chainfire unless you're juggling ie some sort of Trollmando **** goin on. ;D

Edited by Soy, 16 March 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#11 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostAethon, on 16 March 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

I usually have my main groups, and an extra group set on chain fire for when things get toasty. That way, you can get flow of damage going instantly when you want, or mete it out over time if the situation calls for it.

View PostApnu, on 16 March 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

I go with two trigger set ups when doing that. One is the alpha, the other is on chain fire.

Yes, that's how I setup my "weapon groups" for my HBK-4P.

View PostMcgral18, on 16 March 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

You'd want that as a secondary group and not your primary.

It needlessly spreads damage when you're running cool.

Sometimes I already have 3 weapon groups so adding more is not an option because pressing that 4th key on the mouse disturbs my aim.

Clicking multiple times did feel rather awkward for the first time but I'm quickly adapted to it. I'm talking about clicking very fast here so the enemy probably can't tell if it's chain fired. The main benefit is I can choose if I want to fire 1, 2, 3, or 4 lasers on the fly.

My laser boat Timby is now much better at firing her laser. I can constantly hose the enemy with lasers without guesstimating if I would shutdown or not when firing this or that group.

View PostSoy, on 16 March 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

Remember OP, SPL boats dont chainfire unless you're juggling ie some sort of Trollmando **** goin on. ;D

For sure, bro. So far I still don't have a build that needs to chain fire (C)-SPL.

#12 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:18 AM

Button 1 - Alpha
Button 2 - Fire all left side weapons
Button 3 - Fire all right side weapons
Button 4 - Chain fire all weapons

In actual gameplay... buttons 2 & 3 get used most, button 1 almost as much and button 4, pretty much never.

#13 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

View PostMott, on 16 March 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

Button 1 - Alpha
Button 2 - Fire all left side weapons
Button 3 - Fire all right side weapons
Button 4 - Chain fire all weapons

In actual gameplay... buttons 2 & 3 get used most, button 1 almost as much and button 4, pretty much never.

I used to configure my groups like your Button 1-3 but then I just remove the Button 1 in your example because I can just press Button 2 & 3 for an alpha strike. It does take getting used to in order not to move the crosshair a few pixels to the side.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users