Were Ppc Hit Boxes Shrunk?

3 replies to this topic

#1 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:37 AM

I'm not complaining, I'm just finding my long range shots seem to require extra precision to land. It used to be good enough that I had the center ring of pip on the target, now I have to have that for in the center of the that ring on target to land hits.

Once again, not a problem in my book, just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing my mind as PPC bolts are seemingly threading the needle between legs and under arm pits of distant mechs.

Edited by CocoaJin, 16 March 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#2 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

There have been lots of complaints lately of PPC bolts seemingly "phasing" through their targets. You're not the only one curious if they're just experiencing a selective bias, or if something is actually going wrong.

My personal experience has been that when it comes to hitting mechs, you can thread a needle with a PPC and miss through any tiny cap in the enemy model. When it comes to shooting past the edge of terrain, suddenly the bolt is the size of a house. :lol:

Here's the other thread: http://mwomercs.com/...ic/192245-ppcs/

Edited by reddevil, 16 March 2015 - 08:43 AM.

#3 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:43 AM

I thought my PPCs were phasing through at first...then I put that dead-center dot on target and the problem appeared to go away...I won't pretend to have digital memory recall while in the heat of battle.

#4 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:54 AM

Yeah, it's hard to be sure because it might be lag related, or there may be nothing going on at all. Another thing that can throw people off is if you fire two PPC's with a slight pause between them. It seems like both hit (the explosion effect appears on the enemy), but your PiP only turns red once. Sometimes this happens, and sometimes it turns red twice like normal. Is there something going on with the pip cooldown, did I fire the second PPC too soon so it doesn't register on the pip?

Once again, I can't tell if I'm just being biased, if the 2nd explosion clipped terrain right beside the mech (like a branch sticking out on the swamp map), or if there is really something messed up :huh:

One thing is for sure, there seems to be a feedback to the player issue.

Edited by reddevil, 16 March 2015 - 08:55 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users