Russ On Clan St Lose - Additional Effecting Probably Coming

437 replies to this topic

#421 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 20 March 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

I tend to drive either Lights or Assaults, so XLs are either a must have or must NOT touch thing. Assaults, too often I don't die to the guys shooting at my face, it's the little bastiches who snuck up behind me that get me, and an XL in an Assault means I don't even have a chance to turn around after the first shot into my ass. Without an XL, well, I'm one of those people who just doesn't get the entire lagshield thing, I don't have problems putting AC/gauss rounds into Lights, I just have to get the chance to SHOOT at them first, no XL gives me that chance ;)

My Lights, well, I'm the bastiche sneaking up behind Assaults firing into their ST rear armor to check for XLs :)

With the quirks being added, there are some Mechs that could actually get away with an XL, but I just can't make myself build to the quirks yet. For one, I think they are WAY overboard for the IS which means they'll get nerfed at some point, so why make a build that I KNOW is only useful until the next patch? Look at all the screaming about real money, cbills and time spent getting TBolt 9S's all Mastered out before they requirked it, no thanks, I'll avoid that bs totally and just build my Mechs the way I always have. I like certain weapons, regardless of what the meta may be today or tomorrow, they work for me, so I use them. Certain Mechs appeal to me for whatever reason, so those are what I use and that's what I have fun in.

Meta right now in MWO is a funny thing, it's not about what really works, it's about what's the most OP currently, and it changes constantly, so I avoid it at all costs.

These 2 points are totally valid, and it is the entire reason you see more and more comp teams running more and more IS mechs in dropdecks.

#422 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 20 March 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Blanket nerfs....which affect all Clam robots.

That includes the Terribad ones.

Like I said, give me an isXL with a mechlab if this happens. The Mist Lynx would be greatly improved as an IS Gundam.

How?

#423 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:23 PM

View PostGyrok, on 20 March 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

These 2 points are totally valid, and it is the entire reason you see more and more comp teams running more and more IS mechs in dropdecks.

The only teams running IS Mechs are IS teams, so...what? Did -MS- jump back to IS suddenly after they left the IS when the Tbolt 9S was requirked? Did some of the other big teams jump to IS? I'm asking because I don't keep up on the CW teams and haven't dropped in CW in the last week or so.

Personally, I think if you aren't Clan, you shouldn't be able to get a CONTRACT with the Clans, they don't hire Mercs. That would definitely stop some of border hopping we see between Clan and IS right now. Yes, I know it leaves some people pissing and moaning because they PAID for Clan Mechs and can't use them in CW, but so what, they CAN use them outside of CW all they want. Want to play with Clan toys in CW, you pick that Loyalist contract, there shouldn't be any other options, and if you break that contract, I'd say at least a week before you can sign up for another Clan, 2 weeks for an IS Faction.

But I'm a hardass that way, just ask my kids, grandkids or employees.

#424 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostBurktross, on 20 March 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

How?

Moving 150+Kph.

A 250XL would let it have 10 TrueDubs and move 178 (which is right around that HSR limit) with 4 tons of pod space and 5JJs.

4 ERMLs would be hot, but similar to current loadouts with the extra 0.207 dissipation the TrueDubs would give it, which is 1 and a half PoorDubs. 4 SPLs would be cool, short ranged but decent enough.
A 225 would move 166, with 5 tons without the AP, but all 6 JJs.

It would be a good IS Gundam. Well, as good as a 25 tonner could be. JJs and E hardpoints.

#425 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 20 March 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

Moving 150+Kph.

A 250XL would let it have 10 TrueDubs and move 178 (which is right around that HSR limit) with 4 tons of pod space and 5JJs.

4 ERMLs would be hot, but similar to current loadouts with the extra 0.207 dissipation the TrueDubs would give it, which is 1 and a half PoorDubs. 4 SPLs would be cool, short ranged but decent enough.
A 225 would move 166, with 5 tons without the AP, but all 6 JJs.

It would be a good IS Gundam. Well, as good as a 25 tonner could be. JJs and E hardpoints.

Oh-- I didn't know you meant engine swapping. The way you worded it sounded like you were talking about ST death...

#426 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:44 PM

View PostBurktross, on 20 March 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Oh-- I didn't know you meant engine swapping. The way you worded it sounded like you were talking about ST death...

That's what the Mechlab part was.

If you want to blanket nerf Clams, you'll need to unlock parts of that for some robots. Ferro instead of Endo; Bad.

Lack of Endo; Bad.
Ridiculous TT engines; Terribad (400 Mr Gargles)

#427 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 20 March 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

Love the cartoons man, please keep them coming!

In the interests of not further derailing the thread with my pictures, I'm going to flee here, away from the imminent resurgence of the shitstorm.

#428 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

Clan Teary Crocodile approves of this message.

Clan Dreadful Foreboding will count on the nerf being small enough so feelings of entitlement will not be hurt.

#429 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

This is a blind nerf that affects all Clan mechs, including the bad ones, and the Firestarter STILL has not been fixed; if it happens, I will vote with my wallet; it is the only thing PGI seems to understand. Side torso nerf to all Clan mechs = I cancel both packages I preordered.

If you are tired of crappy mechs being nerfed, I recommend you do the same.

Hell, I kind of hope they do, so I can convince myself to stop giving them money.

#430 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostGyrok, on 20 March 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

My guess is more of these teams are running Inner Sphere because the two techs are not so unbalanced any more and heading in the right direction.

View PostAethon, on 20 March 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

This is a blind nerf that affects all Clan mechs, including the bad ones, and the Firestarter STILL has not been fixed; if it happens, I will vote with my wallet; it is the only thing PGI seems to understand. Side torso nerf to all Clan mechs = I cancel both packages I preordered.

If you are tired of crappy mechs being nerfed, I recommend you do the same.

Hell, I kind of hope they do, so I can convince myself to stop giving them money.

2nd "Pay to Win" quote of the month. Find both "Pay to Win" quotes of the months in the next issue of "Man Babies" monthly.

#431 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:41 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 20 March 2015 - 02:44 PM, said:

That's what the Mechlab part was.

If you want to blanket nerf Clams, you'll need to unlock parts of that for some robots. Ferro instead of Endo; Bad.

Lack of Endo; Bad.
Ridiculous TT engines; Terribad (400 Mr Gargles)

Like I said in the other topic. Clans have locked engines and IS have locked hard points. Unlocking Clan engines wont balance the easy mode Omni XL. Unlock Clan engines means unlocking inner sphere hard points.

#432 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:45 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 20 March 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

Like I said in the other topic. Clans have locked engines and IS have locked hard points. Unlocking Clan engines wont balance the easy mode Omni XL. Unlock Clan engines means unlocking inner sphere hard points.

when i said that i ment Unlocking them for an Engine of the Same Rating,
so a 250C-XL could be replaced with a 250C-STD(not sure if they exist),

#433 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 20 March 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

Yep, isXL250 in the Myth Lynx please.

It would be GREATLY superior.

#434 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:08 PM

View PostTuefel Hunden, on 16 March 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

Perfect timing. They got most their money for Wave III, so I suppose it is time for a swing of the nerfbat.

Wave 3 was announced at the end of the last month and is going to be released in June/July. They are not even close to get the most out of it.

#435 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:17 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 20 March 2015 - 08:38 PM, said:

2nd "Pay to Win" quote of the month. Find both "Pay to Win" quotes of the months in the next issue of "Man Babies" monthly.

My post had nothing to do with 'pay to win'... :rolleyes:

#436 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:19 PM

View PostAethon, on 20 March 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

My post had nothing to do with 'pay to win'... :rolleyes:

Maybe but it was close enough to make a funny about. :) The whole "Man Baby" thing is just hilarious. :lol:

Edited by Johnny Z, 20 March 2015 - 09:20 PM.

#437 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:54 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 20 March 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

The only teams running IS Mechs are IS teams, so...what? Did -MS- jump back to IS suddenly after they left the IS when the Tbolt 9S was requirked? Did some of the other big teams jump to IS? I'm asking because I don't keep up on the CW teams and haven't dropped in CW in the last week or so.

Personally, I think if you aren't Clan, you shouldn't be able to get a CONTRACT with the Clans, they don't hire Mercs. That would definitely stop some of border hopping we see between Clan and IS right now. Yes, I know it leaves some people pissing and moaning because they PAID for Clan Mechs and can't use them in CW, but so what, they CAN use them outside of CW all they want. Want to play with Clan toys in CW, you pick that Loyalist contract, there shouldn't be any other options, and if you break that contract, I'd say at least a week before you can sign up for another Clan, 2 weeks for an IS Faction.

But I'm a hardass that way, just ask my kids, grandkids or employees.

MS changes weekly...

228th went back to IS and has stayed so far

#438 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostZoid, on 16 March 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

Dual Gauss Dire Wolves will be hurt by this. Focus a ST and kill the Gauss Rifle (which explodes very easily) and now they're moving ridiculously slow.

You can just put the gauss rifles in the arms... Considering dire wolves already move ridiculously slow this isn't much of a change. Many high level players prefer the gauss in the arms for that specific reason.

Edited by Skarlock, 24 March 2015 - 11:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users