Why Are We Missing So Many Cool Mechs In Mwo?

124 replies to this topic

#1 KahnWongFuChung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:54 PM

I think its dam crazy to put in crap mechs like a locust,[Redacted]useless trashcan and many other crap mechs into MWO and not put in the iconic MechWarrior2-MechWarrior4 mechs in MWO???????.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by GM Patience, 13 March 2015 - 02:12 PM.
insult

#2 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:57 PM

Well, first off, the Marauder is off-limits for legal reasons; no Battletech product can legally use it any more, barring some unforseen change in the courtroom.

Next you have the Mauler, which has some issues with the amount of variants potentially; but it's been mentioned before that concept art for it exists, so it's probably going to get into the game eventually.

Finally, there's no accounting for taste, and there are actually people who quite like the Locust; the mechs that are your favourites are not the same mechs that are everyone's favourites. There are literally thousands of mechs in Battletech, which is kind of a lot to choose from. Be patient.

EDIT: I see you edited the Warhammer into your post. The Warhammer is off-limits for the same reason as the Marauder, the same company owns the copyright to the designs of both mechs, and due to licensing troubles, neither is allowed in any BT or MW products.

Edited by aniviron, 13 March 2015 - 02:37 AM.

#3 KahnWongFuChung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:07 PM

Come on Aniviron only time anyone used a locust was to pack it full of high explosives and go blowup on some poor bastardd.

And the trashcan was only good for jump jetting up and long-tom someone? which was a joke.

But ok I guess there are some nerds out there that might get off on all the weird mechs in MWO.

#4 ChapeL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:10 PM

I didn't know the Mauler was a Mech Warrior Icon. Regardless, what Aniviron says is true and well, I think it's nice to see different "less well known" mechs making their way into a Mech warrior computer game ( like the Banshee, Kintaro and Cataphract for instance ) which have never been in a MW title...not even MW2: Mercenaries which had a metric ton of them.

#5 DustySkunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 257 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:12 PM

PGI have stated that the Phoenix mechs are likely the only unseen/reseen mechs we'll see. Your second and third pics fall under the category of unseen/reseen (Marauder and Warhammer respectively). Read more about it here

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Unseen

The first pic is the Mauler, and we are likely to see this design sooner rather than later. Aniviron has it right though... Hundreds of mech designs out there. Be patient

Edited by DustySkunk, 12 March 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#6 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:12 PM

Yeah... lesser known mechs...like the Banshee or Cataphract. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Edited by KraftySOT, 12 March 2015 - 10:12 PM.

#7 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:13 PM

View PostKahnWongFuChung, on 12 March 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

I think its dam crazy to put in crap mechs like a locust,POS useless trashcan--

*reaches for needler rifle*

#8 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostKraftySOT, on 12 March 2015 - 10:12 PM, said:

Yeah... lesser known mechs...like the Banshee or Cataphract. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Don't be a noodle.. you and I know them... but most people picking this game know of the Timber Wolf and perhaps the Atlas.

#9 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:21 PM

Not really, the mech was a prototype in 3049. Still I see your point, it is after all on the box of MW2:Mercs. ( You know, if it makes it in game people are just going to ***** that the missile racks get them killed too fast, not XL friendly, etc... :) )

Edited by ChapeL, 12 March 2015 - 10:21 PM.

#10 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

View PostChapeL, on 12 March 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

Don't be a noodle.. you and I know them... but most people picking this game know of the Timber Wolf and perhaps the Atlas.

Most people picking this game know what a Stinger is.

The cool bros know what a Demolisher is.

#11 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:26 PM

You seem damn sure of that. I'd like to think you are right but I have my doubts. *shrug*

#12 Silra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCold North

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:27 PM

Because game doesn't need more mechs.

Art guys do different stuff from the rest, that's true, and we are getting new stuff all the time anyway... But just because your 'top pick' isn't there yet doesn't mean it won't eventually come (unless, you know, legal stuff).

What the game so badly needs is fixing, not new mechs, unfortunately so.

#13 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:27 PM

And to be fair, the Mauler was obscure, PGI has done a reasonable job of putting in the iconic and the most prolific mechs of their generation.

Shadowhawks, Vindicators, Stalkers, Locusts, Commandos, Wolverines, Hunchbacks, these are staples.

#14 WazOfOz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 177 posts
  • Locationnot the arse hole of the world, but I can see it from here

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:32 PM

PGI says they are/were/is sticking to the time line. in a nut shell.
I would prefer more maps atm.

Edited by WazOfOz, 12 March 2015 - 10:36 PM.

#15 KahnWongFuChung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:32 PM

What the game so badly needs is fixing, not new mechs, unfortunately so. <-----------yes I agree

Not to go off topic but this game is just not very fun compared to old PC MechWarrior when I play in-game leagues MechWarrior2-4 and on MSN game zone.The true fun in MechWarrior was always the mechs-mechlab-zonelobby and ingame leagues.

Plus this game sooooooo antisocial no big chat rooms to BS with team mates and friends no system to launch and train with family and friends MWO is more anti-MechWarrior than it is a good MechWarrior/BattleTech game.

Edited by KahnWongFuChung, 12 March 2015 - 10:33 PM.

#16 Vahnn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 357 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFargo

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:43 PM

The Locust is literally my favorite mech in MWO at the moment. I can outrun all other mechs at 170 kph and it's fun as hell. And 300-600 dmg from my 1E is nothing to sneer at.

#17 Vandomar

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:52 PM

I support the posting of the Mauler. It's the only mech I would pay real money for, and I don't even play assaults.

Posted Image

#18 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:14 AM

I already have more mechs than I use and still do not yet own all the mechs currently in the game !

Fairly sure I will add hunchies and banshees during this sale via the master bundles so I can score another 60 days preem time...

#19 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:29 AM

View PostKahnWongFuChung, on 12 March 2015 - 10:12 PM, said:

HAHAHA I play MechWarrior back MechWarrior2=1989 to now so you probably noob to me???? But I don't play MWO much it is not very fun like old PC MechWarrior was.

You played MW2 in 1989? That's amazing, what was time travel like?

#20 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:03 AM

View PostKahnWongFuChung, on 12 March 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

I think its dam crazy to put in crap mechs like a locust,POS useless trashcan and many other crap mechs into MWO and not put in the iconic MechWarrior2-MechWarrior4 mechs in MWO???????.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Locust is iconic, just not for you.

We all want to see the marauder, but they are unlikely due to reasons posted in the 3 billion other threads about the same thing.

I understand that the Mauler has been worked on for MWO fyi, so we should see it at some point.

Edited by NextGame, 13 March 2015 - 01:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users