Lucky Charms Event

257 replies to this topic

#41 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:43 PM

View PostRamrod AI, on 16 March 2015 - 09:16 PM, said:

Yay. Meta-builds for a week! Way OP Ultra AC Dire whales galore! Point and shoot for the win! Though I myself have a few meta-builds...but they are all lights :P. I'm not whining. It's just what's going to happen. Brings out the idiot players and the meta-builds.

If someone needs a pure meta build to earn 30 points... :D

#42 Gylfie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 557 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:45 PM

is it invasion and counter-attack different game modes with 25 for each?

#43 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

Nice Event chain. 1. the cash for the mechs. 2. release of 6 mechs..3. Bonus while I Level them..I LOVE IT. Thx.

#44 Xione87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

Yay free stuff! Just like halloween, which was a nice event as well. I'm hoping to get a few mechbays out of this just like last time :)

Let's see how far I can get in 1 week before I have to dip into CW...

#45 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:34 PM

Wooo! Another cool event!

#46 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:18 AM

Too bad those events damage CW population even more. :(

#47 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:42 AM

Holy ****, I suggested a couple weeks ago that a challenge should be random gifts so that way people aren't just aiming for one thing and stopping. Nice.

#48 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:16 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 16 March 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

Mhm, can't wait to get 50 single heatsinks from the event.

Don't sell yourself short, you could get up to 100 SHS if you really try hard!! ;)

In addition, great event PGI, especially appreciate the week long duration, thanks for thinking about all the people with jobs and family that also play your game! (and while it would totally ruin the BattleTech atmosphere I can't help but find that Leprechaun hat on that mech so cool......) :ph34r:

#49 Winddancer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:34 AM

Thanks for these tournaments. It is greately appreciated!

#50 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:23 AM

Lets see if i can win a mechbay this time around.

haven't been lucky for the past 2 similar events.

#51 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:31 AM

First nice event not as nice at the Zeus but anyhow nice
Although can't understand "little" love for CW.
Given the chance to make GhostDrops and the "huge" Matchscore you get for this - the risk of participating in the event while playing CW does not trade off.
Shouldn't be 3-5 poins per CW match be more sufficient?

#52 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:07 AM

PGI, I hate you! Now I have to play MWO during the week and the weekend!

Just a joke. Thank you very much! Pot of gold was a nice event and this gift event is great, too.
I appreciate that the match score is used as measurement. IMHO much more better than the win/kill/assist thingy...

As some people mentioned before: As paytimes are much more longer in CW (with ghost drops preventing any prize), I would suggest to incresase the number of gifts to e.g. two for a succesful CW match.

#53 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:26 AM

The grab bag events are the best ones. It is just FUN to open a bag and go yippie for a day of free time or oh kaka when you get that single heat sink.

Not to mention shooting other mechs in the face with the daka crab :)

#54 Nemytis

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:51 AM

[color=#EEEEEE]

"Unlucky items"? C'mon Russ please stop with the IS victimhood. If they are so unlucky seems like the game needs some serious corrections. It's already bad enough that Clan mechs don't work the way they are supposed to because they don't have single shot AC's, ghost heat, etc. Now you are talking about hosing clan mechs when losing a side torso (loved the timing on that too right after people pre order Wave 3 that was a real "bait and switch/swindle") but I digress. When you say unlucky items that makes the IS mechs seems weak and uncompetitive even after all the quirks they have gotten. Just seems like to me this game is getting more broken than better and labeling IS gear as "unlucky items" makes it seem like we are playing the victim card a little too hard.

• and 'Unlucky' Items, such as IS weaponry and Single Heat Sinks
[/color]

#55 Hayashi

Snowflake

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:02 AM

The 30/80 point requirement is much better than 1 kill - 1 assist reqs that led to more squirrel chasing than there already was.

That said, the CW/Normal mode reward scaling doesn't make as much sense though. In the past event, an 8 minute normal match could earn 150k, while a 25 minute CW match (with or without a 10 minute wait) earns at max 100k, or possibly 50k. In this, equalising the rewards makes this somewhat less absurd, but we're still talking about 3-5 times as much time spent to earn something through CW.

It heavily incentivises players to not drop in CW until they already complete the normal drop rewards, which can be problematic for other players in CW to get games at certain times of day.

#56 Gedankenlaser

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:10 AM

Very nice. Thanks, team MWO.

#57 ThisMachineKillsFascists

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:36 AM

better now 7 days challenges. loosing population in mwo is a real thing due to no content and boring arena shooter matches

#58 Boaz Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 96 posts
  • LocationApperently , back on the island

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:07 AM

Can we please, please, please change the MC consumables to CB ones, Let me explain why. If you equip one and tell it to auto replenish after a match it buys a new one... not use one of them that you have in inventory already. Since there is no way of getting rid of them aside from using them in a match and to sadly do that with out getting charged MC for new ones you must manually load them. Considering theses are the premium consumables you would think they would be easer to use but are not :( and I have no interest in spending my MC on more of them.

#59 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:08 AM

Finally hats made it to MWO!

Oh wait...

#60 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:10 AM

View PostNemytis, on 17 March 2015 - 03:51 AM, said:

"Unlucky items"? C'mon Russ please stop with the IS victimhood. If they are so unlucky seems like the game needs some serious corrections. It's already bad enough that Clan mechs don't work the way they are supposed to because they don't have single shot AC's, ghost heat, etc. Now you are talking about hosing clan mechs when losing a side torso (loved the timing on that too right after people pre order Wave 3 that was a real "bait and switch/swindle") but I digress. When you say unlucky items that makes the IS mechs seems weak and uncompetitive even after all the quirks they have gotten. Just seems like to me this game is getting more broken than better and labeling IS gear as "unlucky items" makes it seem like we are playing the victim card a little too hard.
  • and 'Unlucky' Items, such as IS weaponry and Single Heat Sinks

Talk about victimhood...... <_< Have you played the previous 2 grab bag challenges? The IS equipment will simply consist of stuff like AMS ammo, machine guns, SHS (who uses those) and at the absolute top of the line there's the chance to win a whole Medium Laser. Which any IS player already has loads of, and which every Clan player just sells for a few C-bills. It's a fun event with goodies. If you really can't handle recieving such overpowered IS equipments then I suggest you skip the whole event.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users