#62 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:16 AM

View PostDivine Decoy, on 16 March 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Also, can my reach into the bag earn us a picture of Tina Benoit? Rumor is she's the awesome lady that has been upgrading these events, and she may or may not be a hot cute :wub: redhead..... or a leprechaun :P not sure which yet

Definitely redhead.
Posted Image
:wub:

Edited by Odanan, 17 March 2015 - 05:19 AM.

#63 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:29 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 17 March 2015 - 12:18 AM, said:

Too bad those events damage CW population even more. :(

True. However, this time the problem will be diluted across a full week. Not perfect adaptation in order for the event to be CW friendly, but it's a start.

#64 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:34 AM

This will make leveling up the new Resistance mechs much more fun. :D

#65 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

View PostCorbenik, on 16 March 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for the Debbie Downer's about getting free stuff or its too easy or too hard :P

allow me <ahem>

why do these things have to be on days that end in "Y"?

last time i got a single heat sink once and i was like "wtf d00d?"

do i actually have to drop into a match to win something? cause that's not right.

what if i got 26 points in a match and made 4 forum posts about it? can i still get a pick cause 26+4 = 30.

why can;t my 90 point match score get me three free items instead of one? that's like wasting 60 points and stuff! next time i'll quit as soon as i get to 30 so i don;t waste the other 60 i didn;t know i'd get but got.

do points combine so if i got 50 points and 10 points i could get 2 picks? why not!? it's still 60??!?!?!?

i have clan mechs- why do i get IS junk items?

some greedy bastage once shot me as i ran in front of them to try and get a kill so i could get my 30 points and he killed me so i didn;t. who can i report them for griefing to?

#66 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:14 AM

View PostTanar, on 17 March 2015 - 05:36 AM, said:

allow me <ahem>

why do these things have to be on days that end in "Y"?

last time i got a single heat sink once and i was like "wtf d00d?"

do i actually have to drop into a match to win something? cause that's not right.

what if i got 26 points in a match and made 4 forum posts about it? can i still get a pick cause 26+4 = 30.

why can;t my 90 point match score get me three free items instead of one? that's like wasting 60 points and stuff! next time i'll quit as soon as i get to 30 so i don;t waste the other 60 i didn;t know i'd get but got.

do points combine so if i got 50 points and 10 points i could get 2 picks? why not!? it's still 60??!?!?!?

i have clan mechs- why do i get IS junk items?

some greedy bastage once shot me as i ran in front of them to try and get a kill so i could get my 30 points and he killed me so i didn;t. who can i report them for griefing to?

LOL!

#67 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:24 AM

View PostBoaz Roshak, on 17 March 2015 - 05:07 AM, said:

Can we please, please, please change the MC consumables to CB ones, Let me explain why. If you equip one and tell it to auto replenish after a match it buys a new one... not use one of them that you have in inventory already. Since there is no way of getting rid of them aside from using them in a match and to sadly do that with out getting charged MC for new ones you must manually load them. Considering theses are the premium consumables you would think they would be easer to use but are not :( and I have no interest in spending my MC on more of them.

I got bit on this as well. But, PGI supposedly fixed this on one of the recent patches. Listed under "Bug Fixes"
  • Players will no longer be charged CB/MC when using 'auto refill' on consumables they already own

#68 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:52 AM

whoop whoop. Yep, PGI's rolling out the red carpet today... or should I say the green carpet :D ?

#69 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:52 AM

Nice to see something the weekday folks can work with. :)

#70 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:52 AM

Yay for the week long event! This will be a lot of fun. I like the random prizes, I don't feel the need to get the max so I'll be able to relax a little more during games!

Thank you!

#71 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

So - Defense- CW doesn't coun't?

Doesn't that effectively eliminate 1/3 of CW from scoring? Also unless pugs are going to be hopping in, I would imagine every team will just default to attack and mostly end up with useless ghost drops half the time.

#72 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

Great event -> again !!

Thanks PGI. Hopefully I'll get some Mechbays this time. Dont need the other stuff.

#73 Papapeshu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGosport, Hampshire. UK

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:35 AM

View Postsycocys, on 17 March 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

So - Defense- CW doesn't coun't?

Doesn't that effectively eliminate 1/3 of CW from scoring? Also unless pugs are going to be hopping in, I would imagine every team will just default to attack and mostly end up with useless ghost drops half the time.

All you have to do is earn a Match Score of 80 or above in the Invasion or Counter Attack game modes, or 30 or above for non-CW game modes, to unlock a chance to reach into the Lucky Charm loot-bag for a random prize!

Every "challenge" this gets asked.
Don't folk read?

#74 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostC J Sparrow, on 17 March 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

All you have to do is earn a Match Score of 80 or above in the Invasion or Counter Attack game modes, or 30 or above for non-CW game modes, to unlock a chance to reach into the Lucky Charm loot-bag for a random prize!

Every "challenge" this gets asked.
Don't folk read?

Basically your pasted event info is exactly the problem, it doesn't list Defending as one of the options which is the question at hand.

In the game there is a distinction between -Defense- and -Counter attack-. Being that it stipulates the latter would lead me to believe if you drop into the Defense version you wouldn't get credit.

Maybe you only attack and don't realize that there is two different defending modes though, eliminating one of them from the contest seems in poor taste but PGI often doesn't think things through so that's why I asked.

#75 Papapeshu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGosport, Hampshire. UK

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

View Postsycocys, on 17 March 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

Basically your pasted event info is exactly the problem, it doesn't list Defending as one of the options which is the question at hand.

In the game there is a distinction between -Defense- and -Counter attack-. Being that it stipulates the latter would lead me to believe if you drop into the Defense version you wouldn't get credit.

Maybe you only attack and don't realize that there is two different defending modes though, eliminating one of them from the contest seems in poor taste but PGI often doesn't think things through so that's why I asked.

Granted there are times when info is lacking, but given the type of giveaway this is, (sorry, "challenge" just isn't the right word), all CW modes would qualify.
Perhaps PGI would do better to word future events as, "all modes, CW and Non-CW"

#76 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

View Postsycocys, on 17 March 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

Basically your pasted event info is exactly the problem, it doesn't list Defending as one of the options which is the question at hand. In the game there is a distinction between -Defense- and -Counter attack-. Being that it stipulates the latter would lead me to believe if you drop into the Defense version you wouldn't get credit. Maybe you only attack and don't realize that there is two different defending modes though, eliminating one of them from the contest seems in poor taste but PGI often doesn't think things through so that's why I asked.

As far as I know there are only two CW game modes - Invasion and Counterattack. You can attack or defend in both.

Attackers ready first results in Invasion: Attackers attack (red), defenders defend (blue).
Defenders ready first results in Counterattack: Attackers defend (red), defenders attack (blue).

Attackers attacking with no defenders results in Invasion ghost drop. Because Invasion has turrets that help the defenders, it's generally easier to hold a planet than to take it. What people do instead if they can't do this is to get a lot of people to queue Attack at once and ghost-drop Invasion Attack until the planet goes abve 53%, one hour before the ceasefire.

In this event, regardless of attacking or defending, the game mode is chosen by which team readies first, not by whether you click attack or defend - so there's no incentivising or disincentivising. The only thing is that there is a disincentive to ghost-drop spam because doing so gets you a match score of only about 11-14, and a disincentive to do light rushes as Invasion attack because doing so gets only a score of about 30. A 12 man can guarantee an Invasion game mode by attacking a target planet with no defense queue, or it can guarantee a Counterattack game mode by defending a friendly planet with a sub-12 attack queue. PuGs cannot guarantee either, so the chance that enough people join for a PuG/PuG-premade hybrid game to start the game in either mode is approximately 50%.

If defense-invasion or defense-counterattack does not lead to credit with a score above 80, it's likely a bug that needs reporting.

View PostDesintegrator, on 17 March 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

Great event -> again !!

Thanks PGI. Hopefully I'll get some Mechbays this time. Dont need the other stuff.

What about the MC bag? If the values are high enough each award could be worth more than a single mechbay even if you only use it for more mechbays.

Edited by Hayashi, 17 March 2015 - 12:25 PM.

#77 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

Played some qualifying games. Still didn't get any bags (looking here http://mwomercs.com/tournaments). Anyone get some? Or maybe i did wrong timezone converting?

Edited by Behemothk, 17 March 2015 - 12:40 PM.

#78 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

They are busy with the new stuff. I think it has a delay.

#79 Bigshep

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

Just cashed in 4 qualifying games to see what was what (managed 4/7 games to qualify with 30pts). I got 200GXP, 82K credits, a priority airstrike and an "unlucky bag" IS flamer. All fine by me considering it costs me nothing to take part and I get swag for just playing. All played in PUG que by a new player with a month under my belt. Thanks PGI.

#80 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

2 flammers, 60 mc, 500 gxp. I am cool, nice games, thanks.

edit: for the results, waiting time is around 30 min..

Edited by ExoForce, 17 March 2015 - 02:50 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users