Tdk, Rocks@

41 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

I dont get it... got some dude saying how bad my build was the other day... Dude laughed at me, when i died.. but hey sorry, i did now have even basics done.... TDK, with 4 MPLs.. so fun..... i really wish i could get this guy back in another mission.. but i guess not.

I really get sick of the people saying.. NOOBS.. lame team, you suck.. blah blah blah.... I just don't get it.. any thoughts on this?

Edited by JC Daxion, 18 March 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#2 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 229 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:09 PM

What he said was possibly legit, at the time.

#3 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:12 PM

View PostBows3r, on 17 March 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

What he said was possibly legit, at the time.

honestly.. how is killing someone mean your build is bad? I know i have taken down the so called best builds many times.. Maybe i am not a 12v12 guy, but a PUG? why on earth would you talk crap? But honestly, a 150 KPH 4 MPL commando? How in anyone's world is this bad?

#4 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:13 PM

People are dbags.

Ignore those who blame you or the team for losing the match, listen to those who offer pointers, suggestions, or constructive criticism.

#5 Acierocolotl

• PipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 17 March 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

How in anyone's world is this bad?

Hey. Are you having fun in your mech? Then it's a good mech.

That is the ONLY standard that matters.

#6 Zen Warrior

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

There are A LOT of trash people. Ignore him. U need to know that the game put a tip in every pre battle that said: "pro players need to be nice with new players,because all was new in any time"

#7 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:54 AM

You will always encounter imbeciles. Incapable of recognizing their own flaws they are unable to improve, and in the ensueing frustration lash out at where they think the fault lies, namely anybody but themselves.

2 days ago I had an Assault game on Alpine. We promptly took the mountain. The red team wasn't going to play along though, they deployed behind the lower ridges in front of their base and were using long range firepower for some sniping. Doing so they actually managed to kill one of our mechs, so they were ow ahead of the game and forcing our hand. There are A LOT of trash people. Ignore him. U need to know that the game put a tip in every pre battle that said: "pro players need to be nice with new players,because all was new in any time"
One of our players who had been rather abbrasive already (ordering a team ECM to come cover him, deride the flank scouting ECM Spider who was hoping to get some Lrm locks etc.) now typed in General chat how the enemy team was a bunch of #$%#$ cowards that refused to fight, they were a noob team etc.

So I couldn't help put type in team chat "Very clever team actually, most just charge in like lemmings." That person was rather quiet afterwards. I can only hope that was because my comment managed to give him some insight....but i'm not holding my breath. ;)

#8 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:06 AM

Firstly, a TDK with 4 MPLs is a good build, provided you've got enough engine to move reasonably quickly. It's the only Commando I've found I liked (which is why mine still isn't elited :()

Secondly, I second the calls to ignore comments like the one(s) you received. I find the more successful I am at ignoring the whingers (whether they're whinging about the team, your mech, the opposition, the map, LRMs, arty strikes, snipers, light mechs... the list is almost endless) the more fun I have in the match.

#9 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 229 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:15 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 17 March 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

honestly.. how is killing someone mean your build is bad? I know i have taken down the so called best builds many times.. Maybe i am not a 12v12 guy, but a PUG? why on earth would you talk crap? But honestly, a 150 KPH 4 MPL commando? How in anyone's world is this bad?

First off, you said 4 MPL in the OP, and now your saying 4 ML?
Also, I said "possibly", and, "at the time", which I hope I don't have to spell out what that means. Talking crap? Hardly!

A bit of reading comprehension could help. Jumping to accusations doesn't help your cause.

Edited by Bows3r, 18 March 2015 - 02:59 AM.

#10 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:02 AM

View PostBows3r, on 18 March 2015 - 01:15 AM, said:

First off, you said 4 MPL in the OP, which implies that it was a fair bit slower then the norm,

Umm.... Just threw this together in Smurphies (Took all of 30 seconds)

DEATH'S KNELL

How is this slower than the norm at 145 (160 with Speed tweak) or (to predict the next criticism) less armoured?

#11 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:35 AM

"get sick of the people saying.. NOOBS.. lame team, you suck.. blah blah blah.... I just don't get it.. any thoughts on this?"

Yes. Extend them pity. Most are still living with their Mom and they have TPS (tiny penis syndrome)

Picking on new players in a video game is the best thing they will ever have in life. You should feel bad for them.

Also consider this: if they are so good, why is matchmaker still placing them with Novice Pilots? :)

#12 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:51 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 18 March 2015 - 02:02 AM, said:

DEATH'S KNELL

How is this slower than the norm at 145 (160 with Speed tweak) or (to predict the next criticism) less armoured?

I am going to have to try that, it looks great

#13 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:16 AM

Clearly an obnoxious person, don't get worked up over that.

That said, vs. the "standard" XL240/4ML build you give up lots of cooling (and thus DPS) and some speed and pick up some precision and a bit more per-alpha damage. If your skill and settings allow you to use MLs effectively, your build is, in fact, inferior. (But I admit looks like fun). :)

#14 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:21 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 18 March 2015 - 02:02 AM, said:

DEATH'S KNELL

The "standard" build goes 171.1 and has full armor (less two If you don't buy FF for 2 pts, no one will judge you). It also has more DHS.

#15 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 18 March 2015 - 06:21 AM, said:

The "standard" build goes 171.1 and has full armor (less two If you don't buy FF for 2 pts, no one will judge you). It also has more DHS.

I never said it was a good build, nor did I check if it is playable or what the TDK has for quirks. I just threw the build together in Smurfys Quickly especially for the reply ( I dont even own any Commandos). However, 160 KPH is still faster than the standard IS light mech which is around 150 KPH. You can therefore easily go down a few notches with the engine to the 150KPH mark to add Heatsinks and fill the armour.

Just because someone doesnt use a "Standard" build, doesnt make it bad. It all depends on what that user preffers to run and what he can effectively use. Some players perform better with their personal costom builds than with a standard build which does not suit their play style.

#16 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:29 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 18 March 2015 - 07:09 AM, said:

I never said it was a good build, nor did I check if it is playable or what the TDK has for quirks. I just threw the build together in Smurfys Quickly especially for the reply ( I dont even own any Commandos). However, 160 KPH is still faster than the standard IS light mech which is around 150 KPH. You can therefore easily go down a few notches with the engine to the 150KPH mark to add Heatsinks and fill the armour.

Just because someone doesnt use a "Standard" build, doesnt make it bad. It all depends on what that user preffers to run and what he can effectively use. Some players perform better with their personal costom builds than with a standard build which does not suit their play style.

And I didn't say "bad." I said "inferior." And it is. I also said "it looks like fun." And it does.

It would be very foolish to go below a 225, though. It's going to be hot regardless, can't give up true doubles.

Edited by Terciel1976, 18 March 2015 - 07:29 AM.

#17 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 17 March 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

I dont get it... got some dude saying how bad my build was the other day... Dude laughed at me, when i died.. but hey sorry, i did now have even basics done.... TDK, with 4 MPLs.. so fun..... i really wish i could get this guy back in another mission.. but i guess not.

I really get sick of the people saying.. NOOBS.. lame team, you suck.. blah blah blah.... I just don't get it.. any thoughts on this?

This used to really bother me, but now I pretty much just ignore it. Some people play this game (or any game) for fun, as a distraction. For other people, this is their life and their only way of socializing, and they're really, really bad at it.

Also remember puberty is a traumatic time for some, and that the people typing these things are going through a lot of changes. Likely, these are being stunted by too much Mountain Dew and Hot Pockets.

#18 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

You learn to ignore it. Quite a few 'mental giants' play the game.

#19 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

tdk with 4 mpl @ 150 kph?
meh, i'd roll in a firestarter S instead, same speed, 4-5 mpl, better hitboxes, more armor, jumpjets, more heatsinks, mpl quirks.

that's probably what the guy meant with "bad".

that said, if it works out for you and you're having fun with that build, roll with whatever loadout you're comfortable with.

#20 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 17 March 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

I've got a question:

Did he die first?

'Cause if he did, then he's got no reason to tell you that you suck....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users