• 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:50 AM

best answer to say to them?

K.

every time.

works for me usually when someone tries to pipe up about it. Doesn't happen much to me anymore though.

#22 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:51 AM

To the OP, ignore the dbags. And I say that as someone who gets frustrated and yells at the team from time to time. It happens. Just let it slide, whoever said it was probably just stuck in one of those bad match ruts that MMO games will sometimes place a player in and it likely had little to really do with you or your mech.

Second, TDK is a great mech! Commandos are my favorite light mech and I have a blast playing them. I would recommend giving the standard build for the TDK a try (4xML, max armor, biggest engine) as I've experimented with quite a few builds myself and found that build to just be reliable. At any rate, if you're having fun you're doing right by yourself, so have at it!

(Here's a TDK that's a compromise between your build and the standard build, could be fun B) )

#23 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

Yeah I hate people that complain when they are the first to die, say "wheres my backup" or ***** we didnt follow the plan they never typed. and throughout the match constantly ***** or talk smack disconnect and in the end we end up winning anyways lol those are the best.

#24 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:19 AM

Have fun playing and ignore the dbags.

Just mastered my "fun-pack", the TDK with 4ML and max enginge. Fully armored 171kph with 4 ML. Had some great games with it.

My other loves are the spider 5V, or the Fs9-S with it's MPL.

Greetings

el piro

#25 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:29 AM

Long as you recognize that it doesn't do anything that another Light can't do better. Otherwise, go ahead and run it if you want.

Edited by Krivvan, 19 April 2015 - 02:20 AM.

#26 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:36 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 19 April 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:

Long as you recognize that it doesn't do anything that another Light can't do better. Otherwise, go ahead and run it if you want.

Better?
Depends on what you want and how you want it.
I love zipping by at 170, dealing damage with 4 ML's (quirked and moduled) plus BAP and Sensor Range Module for scouting. Had some nice games with several kills and 700+ damge.

#27 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:10 AM

Play the mechs YOU like.

Ignore the raging neck beards.

Have fun.

#28 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 17 March 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

honestly.. how is killing someone mean your build is bad? I know i have taken down the so called best builds many times.. Maybe i am not a 12v12 guy, but a PUG? why on earth would you talk crap? But honestly, a 150 KPH 4 MPL commando? How in anyone's world is this bad?

I've killed "the best builds" in an AC20 Urbanmech. Doesn't mean my build is good, just means the enemy is trash.

Reasons the 4MPL TDK isn't great:
1) Can do that build (or better) on a Firestarter
2) Too hot because you can't get very many heatsinks (and max of 9 true dubs in a Commando)
3) TDK has some (though minor) medium laser quirkage
4) Small knife fighters need agility/survivability - TDK gets no agility quirks and has 25 tonner armor

View PostRushin Roulette, on 18 March 2015 - 02:02 AM, said:

Umm.... Just threw this together in Smurphies (Took all of 30 seconds)

DEATH'S KNELL

How is this slower than the norm at 145 (160 with Speed tweak) or (to predict the next criticism) less armoured?

Doesn't have max armor.... Also that build is unbelievably hot for a short-range setup. You're going to get about 4 or 5 shots off (not enough to kill anything that has a brain) and then have to cool down because you have 9 truedubs.

#29 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

With the kind of crazy quirks that Locusts have, they seem to make Commandos largely irrelevant if you ask me. I would rather pilot something like this with all the crazy laser quirks it has than something like this which does have shorter laser duration with those MPLs but gives up a bunch of other stuff for that compared to the 6x ML LCT-1E.

#30 FindersWeepers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the CIA

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 19 April 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:

Ah yes, but it can only get better yes?

#31 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 18 March 2015 - 12:54 AM, said:

You will always encounter imbeciles. Incapable of recognizing their own flaws they are unable to improve, and in the ensueing frustration lash out at where they think the fault lies, namely anybody but themselves.

2 days ago I had an Assault game on Alpine. We promptly took the mountain. The red team wasn't going to play along though, they deployed behind the lower ridges in front of their base and were using long range firepower for some sniping. Doing so they actually managed to kill one of our mechs, so they were ow ahead of the game and forcing our hand. There are A LOT of trash people. Ignore him. U need to know that the game put a tip in every pre battle that said: "pro players need to be nice with new players,because all was new in any time"
One of our players who had been rather abbrasive already (ordering a team ECM to come cover him, deride the flank scouting ECM Spider who was hoping to get some Lrm locks etc.) now typed in General chat how the enemy team was a bunch of #$%#$ cowards that refused to fight, they were a noob team etc.

So I couldn't help put type in team chat "Very clever team actually, most just charge in like lemmings." That person was rather quiet afterwards. I can only hope that was because my comment managed to give him some insight....but i'm not holding my breath. ;)

Think I might have been on the other team that match. On Alpine when dropping with base in that local I always try to get my team to hold up between those ridges and snipe until the enemy gets impatient and comes down. Usually a winning strategy and always good for me, I prefer long range weapons.

I remember a guy on the red side calling us a noob team for doing this, we won, he was quite wrong.

#32 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:29 AM

View Postel piromaniaco, on 19 April 2015 - 02:36 AM, said:

Better?
Depends on what you want and how you want it.
I love zipping by at 170, dealing damage with 4 ML's (quirked and moduled) plus BAP and Sensor Range Module for scouting. Had some nice games with several kills and 700+ damge.

And a Locust does that thing better. And that thing isn't worth it enough to make it better than what a Firestarter can do. Having somewhat above average games in a mech isn't proof that another mech can't do it better. There are 1200 damage urbanmech games out there, but that isn't proof that the urbanmech is now the best Light mech.

Edited by Krivvan, 19 April 2015 - 11:30 AM.

#33 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:57 AM

Sometimes when I am playing I spectate people and I just shake my head at their build. Then I remember I am in the public queue and if I want to play with guys who are all running optimized mechs I'm in the wrong place.

#34 Purger of Man

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

They laughed at my 4 tag laser Death's Knell, that was before the lerms came :lol:

I jest, though I do find TDK's arm movement amazing and is still one of my favorite mechs B)

Edited by Purger of Man, 19 April 2015 - 01:11 PM.

#35 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 17 March 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

honestly.. how is killing someone mean your build is bad? I know i have taken down the so called best builds many times.. Maybe i am not a 12v12 guy, but a PUG? why on earth would you talk crap? But honestly, a 150 KPH 4 MPL commando? How in anyone's world is this bad?

The quirks on that mech are not bad for MPLs, however, the TDK really shines with 4 MLs and 171 KPH with max armor.

#36 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:19 PM

View PostPurger of Man, on 19 April 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

They laughed at my 4 tag laser Death's Knell, that was before the lerms came :lol:

I jest, though I do find TDK's arm movement amazing and is still one of my favorite mechs B)

View PostGyrok, on 19 April 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

The quirks on that mech are not bad for MPLs, however, the TDK really shines with 4 MLs and 171 KPH with max armor.

Great speed and arm movement. :)
No JJ's though, but there's my low flying spider, or the firestarter if it's more jumpy and dropping instead of flying.
One for every mood.

Greetings
el piro

#37 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostPjwned, on 19 April 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

With the kind of crazy quirks that Locusts have, they seem to make Commandos largely irrelevant if you ask me. I would rather pilot something like this with all the crazy laser quirks it has than something like this which does have shorter laser duration with those MPLs but gives up a bunch of other stuff for that compared to the 6x ML LCT-1E.

Comparing Apples and Oranges.

I talk about 171 kph medium laser tdk.

And I didn't say "that's the B3st L1ghtM3ch Evarrr!", I just wrote that I like it.
It all depends on the map, the kind of game, your personal style and your team.

#38 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:05 PM

View Postel piromaniaco, on 20 April 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

Comparing Apples and Oranges.

I talk about 171 kph medium laser tdk.

Well, for one thing I was mostly responding to the OP with his 4x MPL build, but either way it's more like comparing red apples to green apples because any of those 3 builds are rather similar. Also, compared to the 4x ML max speed TDK build I still like the Locust better because of its gnarly quirks.

COM-TDK advantages:
-Slightly more armor overall, such as on the torsos
-2 more (external) heatsinks
-Very slight speed advantage
-Lower arm actuators, which are an arguable advantage because they do take up crit slots

LCT-1E advantages:
-Better hitboxes because the mech is even smaller
-Acceleration & deceleration quirks to make it even easier to move around the map
-Better armor quirks for both arms and legs
-Better laser duration quirk
-Better heat generation quirk
-Better range quirk
-Weapon quirks are not restricted to specific weapons
-More hardpoints so you can mount 6 medium lasers instead of only 4
-Not having useless hand actuators taking up valuable crit slots

That said, I imagine the COM-TDK tends to run a bit cooler due to having more heatsinks and less lasers and the LCT-1E definitely can have heat issues, but not so much that it's a big problem and I've had a blast zipping around shooting stuff with the amazing laser quirks on the LCT-1E. Additionally, the LCT-1E could run less hot (compared to 6x ML) by using 2x ML + 2x MPL instead and still taking full advantage of all its quirks, meanwhile the COM-TDK would have a hard time doing that without downsizing the engine or using less heatsinks and MPLs do not take full advantage of the quirks on the COM-TDK.

And I didn't say "that's the B3st L1ghtM3ch Evarrr!", I just wrote that I like it.
It all depends on the map, the kind of game, your personal style and your team.

I'm not really disagreeing much, but I am saying I think the Locust is better and I think I have a pretty good reason for that.

#39 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

View PostAcierocolotl, on 17 March 2015 - 10:49 PM, said:

Hey. Are you having fun in your mech? Then it's a good mech.
That is the ONLY standard that matters.

no,,,no,,,no

The only thing that matters is winning.

#40 TwentyOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationI pay more to use less water. Cali.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:18 PM

I LOVE THAT BUILD. TDK DOES INDEED ROCK. 4 MPL TDK HAS A VERY SCARY BITE, AND PEOPLE IGNORE YOU.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users