No replies to this topic

#1 Fleischminister

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:53 PM

Hey people,

ive been playing this game since closed beta, taking breaks from time to time and after the last (quite long) break im finally back again.
first thing i realized when logging in is the faction war feature, on which i want to leave a comment here.

first of all, it is great. i can see how much work and brainstorming the developer put inside it.
BUT, and here comes what i have experienced so far, it is a pain to play (as a single player without a clan carrying him along).
I played it for 2-3 days now and what i experienced is this:
As attacker, it is fun. i got mixed in groups made of big clans and we stormed and stomped the randomly gathered pugs into the ground.
As defender, what i played most as, its a nightmare. the first look at the loading screen shows the own team (randomly gathered player) and the attacker ( 70%-100% made of premade teams), who just destroy the defending chickens in a heartbeat. i saw them do many different things, from a rush to the dropzone and camping the dropships over totally ignoring the defenders and destroying the objective, usually games ending with 12-40 stats or something in favor of attackers. usually, some of the random defenders immediately go afk and wait it out, others just run into the enemy to "get it over with", others at least try to do something useful but fail because half the team is already dead or afk.

of course it is up to argue if this should stay as it is, good teamplay should of course be rewarded with a deserved victory and stronger defenses will make a victory impossible if the defenders happen to be not totally random strangers but also a premade group.

what i can say is that defending is no fun at all for people who are not in a clan/alliance and i think in a f2p game, forcing people to join a team/clan etc just to enjoy a faction war is not the best solution on the long term.

one idea that comes to my mind is this: if the game detects more than 50% premades in the group of attackers (or defenders, havent seen that setting yet though), the other team gets stronger support (for example stronger defense facilities)
the drop spots should not be campable either. while it is a good strategy to camp it and remove an enemy mech before he is even fully deployed, it draws a lot of fun for the player and frustration is nothing anyone desires in a game.

i didnt write this stuff to whine about loosing too many matches, i actually dont care a lot about that, i just wanted to add some of my thoughts and short-time experiences to the pool :]
maybe other people had fully different experiences.
keep up the good work people, im really surprised how much the game evolved after my last period of playing :*

edit: It would also be great to see a Trial Mech's Loadout when loading my dropship

Edited by Fleischminister, 18 March 2015 - 03:01 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users