- - - - -

Most 'helpful' Assault Mech?

49 replies to this topic

#41 Wabbit Swaya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the cockpit of a BJ, annoying the hell outta someone for wasting a medium slot.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

I disliked my stalkers till I elited them, the chassis really needs the double basics, especially the anchor turn.

The easiest to master in my opinion is the battlemasters, and they can fill multiple roles.

#42 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

Any stalker variant is pretty easy to play. If you are new to assaults, get a stalker. Easy to get 500+ damage every match. Surivable. Not too slow but not fast either. Most variants can carry 1440 lrms while having 4 med lasers and 2 srm-6's for close range brawling.

#43 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:16 PM

Don't put LRMs on an assault mech. or any mech but especially not an assault mech.

#44 CruiseMissileCowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

Do go with the Stalker Line. They can be fit with 4 or more ERLLs for excellent sniping as the guns are up top, and they are very heavily armored.

#45 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:48 PM

Honestly no experienced player will go "Oh nice we have an X on our team". Every mech or build has a counter. Good players have no counters.

That said KGCs are considered the best IS assault, but they're just wasted tonnage if you don't play it right.

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 25 March 2015 - 11:51 PM.

#46 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:11 AM

I never liked Stalkers until I kept playing with them and saw their good points.

Firstly, their center torso is hard to hit.
Its usually the side torsos that go first, you can keep playing on effectively as a zombie mech. Dont use XL!
The weapons are well distributed, so you can go on playing even if you lose a side.

Second, it is low slung compared to an Atlas, so its easier to hide behind lower hills and terrain.

Third, the torsos and arms are high, so its fine for hill and sideways poking.

Fourth, the quirks are not bad especially for Large Laser (Stalker 4N) which is a versatile weapon.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 26 March 2015 - 12:12 AM.

#47 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:12 AM

Sorry Kjudoon, I love a good LRM medium, but nothing over 65 tons please :)

#48 Cruxs

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMy parents basment.

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

King Crab, Banshee, Stalker.

The Crab is harder to get really good with because of the low wide arms. Once you get the hang of it and can shoot without missing or hitting cover (buildings, hills etc.)and hitting your team, it is arguably the best IS assault.

The other two are pretty straight forward as far as play style. Everyone else has covered them as far as the pros and cons.

#49 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:21 PM

All assaults are really painful to pilot without the double basics.

Something as cumbersome as a Highlander is a joy to pilot with a maxed engine and doubled basics.

Helpful assault is the one that deals damage,lots of it.I had good results with LRM-BLR:s,Gauss+LPL-Highlanders and Wub-Banshees,its all relative said that wise guy,whats his name was,Einstein or something.

#50 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 346 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:48 PM

I like the BLR-1G Battlemaster. With 6 Medium Lasers, a Gauss Rifle, 40 rounds of Gauss Ammo, a Beagle Active Probe, a 325 Engine, Endo Steel, and the rest in Double Heat Sinks, it's running 61.9 kph and can stare down any other assault. I consider this the easiest Assault to run that I have and it is only Basic'd.

The Atlas D-DC is slow and will get focused a lot, so probably not the best one to start with, but it is the 'Mech I use the most. I go with 2 x ER LL, Gauss Rifle, LRM-10, 2 x SRM-4, and ECM. If I feel like brawling, I do 2 x ER LL, LB10-X, and 3xSRM-4. The 2 ER LL give better range and damage than 2 x Med Lasers and the LBX causes more crit chances once you open them up.

I do like Stalkers, but when one torso gets blown away, the other one seems to go pretty quickly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users