The Question You All Hate...bots?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Bishop113

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:28 PM

I know, I'm sorry but it's genuinely the only way I'll ever play this game. Community warfare is out I'm sure it still needs work but I'm just wondering if the idea of bot matches has been floated around at all recently or if I should just give up and stop thinking about this game entirely.

#2 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:30 PM

Yeah.... Maybe just stop thinking about this game. PvE in CW is still a while off I reckon.

First for your stuff!

#3 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:32 PM

View PostBishop113, on 20 March 2015 - 11:28 PM, said:

I know, I'm sorry but it's genuinely the only way I'll ever play this game. Community warfare is out I'm sure it still needs work but I'm just wondering if the idea of bot matches has been floated around at all recently or if I should just give up and stop thinking about this game entirely.

PGI said that both Solaris (Paul keeps hinting it, along with George (Duncan Fisher's voice actor) popped up last livestream), and PvE will be here soon. Most likely Solaris first though, as Paul keeps bringing it up.

#4 Whatzituyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:34 PM

The question you all hate....Bots?

My answer: Only the ones that can aim.

#5 Bishop113

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:35 PM

View Postluxebo, on 20 March 2015 - 11:32 PM, said:

PGI said that both Solaris (Paul keeps hinting it, along with George (Duncan Fisher's voice actor) popped up last livestream), and PvE will be here soon. Most likely Solaris first though, as Paul keeps bringing it up.

So it's been hinted at or straight up confirmed, there will be PvE? If they've confirmed that PvE is coming then I'll stay tuned for sure, it's just up to this point every time the question pops up it's "maybe after community warfare?" so I just wonder now that community warfare is out, if bot matches are on the roadmap.

#6 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:37 PM

I'm hoping for a survival mode where you have to fight off wave after wave of stock Urbanmechs and see how long you last before your inevitable doom.

#7 Alek Ituin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:17 AM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 20 March 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

I'm hoping for a survival mode where you have to fight off wave after wave of stock Urbanmechs and see how long you last before your inevitable doom.

Swarmed to death by stocky little AC/10 turrets on legs.

All in all, not a bad way to go.

#8 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:23 AM

View PostBishop113, on 20 March 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

So it's been hinted at or straight up confirmed, there will be PvE? If they've confirmed that PvE is coming then I'll stay tuned for sure,

Nothing confirmed as of yet. Hints is all we have right now.

#9 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:55 AM

View PostBishop113, on 20 March 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

So it's been hinted at or straight up confirmed, there will be PvE? If they've confirmed that PvE is coming then I'll stay tuned for sure, it's just up to this point every time the question pops up it's "maybe after community warfare?" so I just wonder now that community warfare is out, if bot matches are on the roadmap.

They are a bit shy to make any huge promises. I think mostly because everyone will start freaking out if they take to long to do anything. Not to mention it depends on money also.

Although PVE was mentioned and alot of amazing stuff has been hinted at.

It would appear they have big plans for the games design in the long run.

If Solaris comes anytime soon that would be great, that would include new really fun game modes(silly stuff like free for all etc.) and maps. Solaris is alot like romes gladiator games if anyone doesnt know but with a futuristic commercial element. Hints players can dedicate their victoires to one of the great houses someone said???

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 March 2015 - 04:01 AM.

#10 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:36 AM

'Mech AI would be a pain to program for the current map style that MW:O uses. But for conventional forces? Combine them into CW and that'd be awesome. Tanks, choppers, maaaaaaaybe infantry or battlearmour.

Though, I've always wanted some sort of bot training mode for MW:O as previous games had, so you're not the only one OP. :P

Edited by AUSwarrior24, 21 March 2015 - 04:36 AM.

#11 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:38 AM

With some of the...... Less than skilled pilots I have seen in MWO, it leaves me wondering if a large part of the "player base" are in fact very simple AI's.....

#12 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:44 PM

As long as they don't have the ridiculous auto-aim like turrets have, I'd be down with this.

#13 Something Wrong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

Duuuude, I've been desperately wishing for Solaris for a while. And having Duncan Fisher as the announcer? That would be totally priceless.

"It's Solaris time!"

Edited by Sum Ting Wong, 21 March 2015 - 04:04 PM.

#14 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

View Postluxebo, on 20 March 2015 - 11:32 PM, said:

LOL, Solaris first, as if CW and the normal game modes now are not already basicaly TDM Solaris matches....

#15 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:40 PM

They "accidentally" released AI Bot Mechs into the public queue a couple of times one week. They didn't do to well apparently.

#16 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostBishop113, on 20 March 2015 - 11:28 PM, said:

Soon™

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users